Watson - Love him or hate him?

Re: Watson - Love him or hate him?

TeeJay1860;386171 said:
as a player he's become pretty reliable and impressive.

as a bloke, id much rather sit and have a pint with hitler.

swann on the other hand ... now thers a man you'd like as ur best mate!

I would probably use Watson's head to punch Swann in the face :D

TeeJay1860;386171 said:

That is a disgraceful thing to say, probably born out of the realisation that Watson is going to tear England apart with both bat and ball in this year's Ashes series.:D:D:D

Australia have players likes Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee who, as an Englishman, I want to think of as pricks but they are just too good to be thought of in a bad way.

Shane Watson, on the other hand, is the epitomy of the word: "tosser".

I honestly don't like him, he is just annoying in every way.

I can understand why a convict might not like Swann, but Swann has the talent to back up our praise. Watson hasn't got the talent to back up yours.

Maybe a little harsh there on Watson.

He has had an unbelievable run of late in test cricket.

But I am not a fan and each time he goes out to bat I hope he fails or makes another 90 and chokes. Probably the only player I have ever felt like this playing for Australia.

lewissaffin;386216 said:
Australia have players likes Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee who, as an Englishman, I want to think of as pricks but they are just too good to be thought of in a bad way.

I can understand why a convict might not like Swann, but Swann has the talent to back up our praise. Watson hasn't got the talent to back up yours.

Winning cricketer of the series and averaging around 70 since coming back from injury says otherwise.

lewissaffin;386216 said:

Your not serious are you? Firstly, Brett Lee isn't fit to be mentioned in the same class as Ponting. Brett Lee is an outstanding white ball bowler, one of our best, but his nothing more then a good-ordinary test cricketer.

Shane Watson is very talented, I have been saying it for years, and he is easily more talented then Graeme Swann.

To be honest I reckon Stuart Broad tops the lot, his behaviour during the recent South African series was disgraceful.

The time Stuart Broad took to get to the crease in the last test was an utter disgrace, the time he took to get off the ground after being dismissed was equally disgraceful, his constant referrals to stone dead decisions was also disgraceful.

The guy is a complete buffon who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;386262 said:
The time Stuart Broad took to get to the crease in the last test was an utter disgrace, the time he took to get off the ground after being dismissed was equally disgraceful,

The guy is a complete buffon who thinks his shit doesn't stink.

I got some good laughs out of your post LtD

You have basicly described Watson to a tee.

He would have to be the worse player I have seen in Australian colours to whinge and carry on after gettting out. Down in Melbourne when run out, I had to turn the tv off after watching him carrry on.

TeeJay1860;386171 said:

Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

D.K;386238 said:
But I am not a fan and each time he goes out to bat I hope he fails or makes another 90 and chokes. Probably the only player I have ever felt like this playing for Australia.

I bet you were absolutely spewing when he got dropped on 99, pretty straightforward catch too..

I think Watson probably isn't an inherently bad bloke, but rather symptomatic of the Australian sporting culture in general and cricket in particular. I mean, most of the guys in the current Test and ODI sides can't remember a time when Australia wasn't the top team in the world. That sort of success certainly breeds arrogance.

By no means do I think the majority of our cricketers are ****ers. But far more of them over the last couple of decades are reknowned for being bad sports rather than good ones.

Kram81;386274 said:
I bet you were absolutely spewing when he got dropped on 99, pretty straightforward catch too..

It would of been the best thing to happen for many a years. Many laughs

The Ox;386271 said:
Possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Ok before things get too heated ... my comment was not intended as anything serious rather joking

obviously i would much rather have a pint with 'watto' .... hitler is missing half a brain and is a lil bit too corpsey

I was merely pointing out he seems to be one of the more arrogant and distasteful players in the world today

having said that he is, at this point, an immensley talented player who seems to have found his niche as an aggressive opener with a simple approach to his batting, a VERY useful swing bowler and a pretty talented fielder

there, thats my attempt at cooling down things

having said that, he'll never be as singularly awesome as Beefy :p

TeeJay1860;386284 said:
Ok before things get too heated ... my comment was not intended as anything serious rather joking

obviously i would much rather have a pint with 'watto' .... hitler is missing half a brain and is a lil bit too corpsey

I was merely pointing out he seems to be one of the more arrogant and distasteful players in the world today

having said that he is, at this point, an immensley talented player who seems to have found his niche as an aggressive opener with a simple approach to his batting, a VERY useful swing bowler and a pretty talented fielder

there, thats my attempt at cooling down things

having said that, he'll never be as singularly awesome as Beefy :p

That I agree with, though unfortunately I never saw Beefy play.

D.K;386269 said:

He would have to be the worse player I have seen in Australian colours to whinge and carry on after gettting out. Down in Melbourne when run out, I had to turn the tv off after watching him carrry on.

The bloke isn't allowed to show emotion?

D.K;386269 said:

Your not serious are you?

Did you actually see Broad's behaviour in South Africa, it included not only what I mentioned earlier, but also arguing with umpires over a referral that showed him to be stone dead plumb, then as soon as he got back to the dressing room he stormed into the match referrees office.

In a later test match he started waving his arms around in the dressing room over a 3rd umpire referral and a possible no ball, he also for good measure was involved in a highly contentious incident involving possible ball tampering.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;386295 said:
Your not serious are you?

Did you actually see Broad's behaviour in South Africa, it included not only what I mentioned earlier, but also arguing with umpires over a referral that showed him to be stone dead plumb, then as soon as he got back to the dressing room he stormed into the match referrees office.

In a later test match he started waving his arms around in the dressing room over a 3rd umpire referral and a possible no ball, he also for good measure was involved in a highly contentious incident involving possible ball tampering.

the issue was not that he was plumb
it was that he believed the South Africans had recieved advice from the dressing room that a review would be a good idea because it was plumb. You couldnt tell anything from the cameras but SA did take a very long time in deciding a review when the rules state it should be done quickly

I think the time limit was 30 secs, and SA decided to review at 28.5 - think that came up in some english newspaper, but he was more annoyed at the fact that he believed SA reviewed after the backroom staff had looked over some replays

compared to watson, id say broad is more stroppy, watson is more arrogant. however in that run out situation they did look like two very similar players

TeeJay1860;386298 said:
the issue was not that he was plumb
it was that he believed the South Africans had recieved advice from the dressing room that a review would be a good idea because it was plumb. You couldnt tell anything from the cameras but SA did take a very long time in deciding a review when the rules state it should be done quickly

I think the time limit was 30 secs, and SA decided to review at 28.5 - think that came up in some english newspaper, but he was more annoyed at the fact that he believed SA reviewed after the backroom staff had looked over some replays

compared to watson, id say broad is more stroppy, watson is more arrogant. however in that run out situation they did look like two very similar players

The host broadcaster is not allowed to show replays until a decision is made on a referral either way, so I fail to see how the dressing room could have signalled.

I don't believe their is a time limit on this at all, rather the umpires need to make a decision on what is reasonable, obviously their will have to be discussion between the captain and the bowler and/or the keeper so you need to allow time for that.

Did Broad see any signal from the SA dressing room?

If not then what is he complaining about?

For mine though what took the cake was the age he took to come to the crease in the last test, if I was captain I would have upheld an appeal for timed out.

TeeJay1860;386298 said:

I'd have to agree with you there. Broad is very stroppy and childish at times, but there is nothing I like seeing more than Watson screw up in the 90s.

Back