Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Re: Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Just had a thought for the multiple world cups coming up - more useful to the ODI WC but I guess it can be used on the T20 one as well.

Have the usual series thread, but the first post is done by an admin/mod and is constantly updated with fixtures and then results as they are done, with a constantly updating points board. Just a thought, that way the thread could have all the information you need.

Also with each series maybe a link to the live scorecard on cricinfo for each game. Just make things a little easier on those who can't watch it on TV, rather than having to go through cricinfo everytime.

Just some ideas.

schwab2clarkson;366830 said:
Switching off rep altogether.

We found switching you off to be more useful.

Boris;390198 said:
Just had a thought for the multiple world cups coming up - more useful to the ODI WC but I guess it can be used on the T20 one as well.

Have the usual series thread, but the first post is done by an admin/mod and is constantly updated with fixtures and then results as they are done, with a constantly updating points board. Just a thought, that way the thread could have all the information you need.

Also with each series maybe a link to the live scorecard on cricinfo for each game. Just make things a little easier on those who can't watch it on TV, rather than having to go through cricinfo everytime.

Just some ideas.

Fair idea, I'll see what can be done.

Suzi is MC's girlfriend.

No, he's bitter because she stole his eyebrows! :eek:

PHOTO_4252_697_3101_main.jpg

The activity has definetly increased in no small part to Caeser, Boris, LtD, eddiesmith all having some solid discussions. Now to bring the international crowd to our shores.

Boris;390508 said:
I wish I knew what she did to deserve this!

It is a bit harsh at times but trust me, she gets off very, very lightly here compared to other sites. As for what she has done, I guess it's just years of consistent stupidity.

D.K;390517 said:
The activity has definetly increased in no small part to Caeser, Boris, LtD, eddiesmith all having some solid discussions. Now to bring the international crowd to our shores.

It's what I'm looking at - things are being discussed behind the scenes just waiting for an answer.

Thanks mas for the effort put into my suggestion earlier. I really like the new system with each series thread, topped off with the colour coding and everything.

Once again, thank you.

We'll see how it goes. I'd like to automate somehow but that will be a lot further down the line.

The only thing I have against it is that you are constantly worked to keep it going, therefore automation would be nice, but quite obviously hard and presumably costly.

Boris;390939 said:
The only thing I have against it is that you are constantly worked to keep it going, therefore automation would be nice, but quite obviously hard and presumably costly.

Or I delegate the task to a lesser being!

Just another thing... I'm brimming with random ideas.

Are there enough posters to divide up the "Rest of the World" section?

I don't really want to post any threads in there as it is much broader and seemingly less traffic.

Would splitting them at least into South Africa, India and Pakistan help or hinder?

Back