West Indies in Australia

Re: West Indies in Australia

West Indies won the toss and elected to field, so at least we will see a full innings of Australian batting should the Windians falter.

Hahaha as I say that Pollard is absolutely hammering Hopes with two big sixes.

EDIT: Correction, Pollard hit one and Smith hits one. Same result though

Great innings from Pollard. One way or another this is a good score from the West Indians.

West Indies end up with 274/8, never going to get the 325 set them, but still a very good score batting second at the Gabba. If they batted first and got that they would have been challenging Australia something more difficult than not.

Great innings' from Pollard and Smith to get them that far.

Boris;388377 said:
Anyone says Hopes is useless?

Yeah I do.

Did a decent enough job tonight with the bat, although with 252 on the board and 8 overs to go it wasn't exactly nerve-racking stuff.

Good to see he went at 6+ an over in the chase too :eek: and that his wicket was a peach of a delivery :rolleyes:

Top quality all-rounder - does both disciplines, good at neither.

Go Hopes.

Hopes had a good game I thought.

40 odd smashed off 20 balls.

Got a wicket with the ball and then effected a direct hit run-out.

A good performance from a utility player.

Cop that.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;388400 said:
Hopes had a good game I thought.

40 odd smashed off 20 balls.

Got a wicket with the ball and then effected a direct hit run-out.

A good performance from a utility player.

Cop that.

Yeah I copped that :rolleyes:, this was obviously his one-in-twenty-five performances.
Back to the bleachers for Hopes fans for another couple of series.

Hopes has never pulled on a Bushranger shirt, he could smash a ton of 40 balls and still pull up short from the Victorian expectations whilst pumping up McDonald's inclusion into the side...

A bit confused about why Voges is in the team. I can't remember the last time he did anything particularly good.

Caesar;388530 said:
A bit confused about why Voges is in the team. I can't remember the last time he did anything particularly good.

He's a good player, but honestly there are numerous players at this point in time I could probably put ahead of him. I do like him though.

I think he's there because the series doesn't matter and the other guys want a rest... so that way he comes in, does a mediocre but not bad job, without putting they resting guys' position under jeopardy with any undroppable performances. I think that's what Harris was for. They had the bowling attack worked out, so they will chuck a guy in who was doing a good job, but not great. He came in and capitalised, but they weren't planning on it.

Caesar;388530 said:
Hard to tell, I wish they would bring in Bailey to stop the overhyping of his first ever decent season

Caesar;388530 said:

Was awesome tonight with the bat, really is getting a reputation as a guy who can give the ball a good whack.

I love a player like hopes, his like an consistent version of Ian Harvey.

I remember Ian Harvey knocking India over in the TVS Cup in 2003 at Kolkata and then doing it 2 months later at the MCG.

Hopes probably isn't in the same class as Harvey as a death bowler but his a better bowler overall and by far a more destructive batsmen.

James Hopes....pack your bags for New Zealand.

(remember on BF how people used to go Brad Hodge...pack your bags).

I wish so many people would stop performing!

That way it would make it so much easier to pick a team!

:p

Back