West Indies in Australia

Re: West Indies in Australia

Hopes very lucky to be in the side tonight, must be something to do with his NSW cap.

I am looking forward to the two T20s as much as I could possibly look forward to one. I want to see Gayle and Pollard out there blasting away. Hopefully Bollinger isn't in the T20 squad so that way Gayle can bat :p

Extremely good to see the Women's Cricket on before it. Australia vs New Zealand, going to be a good match. Good time to put it too, just before the men's game so people are more inclined to sit down a little early and notice that it is actually very worthwhile watching. Skill level is very high and competitiveness is up two fold on men's cricket.

Hobart will be sold out so it should be good, I still hope Australia win.

Should be a battle between the quicks with Tait going head to head with Roach.

Gayle and Warner will have their hands full with those 2 quicks.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;389535 said:
What work do you have to do?

Well all chores around the house haven't been done since September :p

If this bowling isn't entertainment, then I don't know what is. Bring in Brett Lee and this attack is fastest attack ever seen, plus probably the best T20 bowling line up you could hope for.

Does anyone else think Shaun Tait needs to lose a bit of weight?

He just seems to drop off in pace almost after bowling a 2 or 3 balls, it just seems he is struggling a bit aerobically. Im not saying he has to get ripped I'm just saying I think he could lose 3 or 4 kilograms.

I saw him with his shirt off at the beach on the news a few weeks back and he did have a bit of puppy fat.

I just think he needs to improve his fitness a bit, and the best way to do that is to drop a few kilo's.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;389554 said:
Does anyone else think Shaun Tait needs to lose a bit of weight?

He just seems to drop off in pace almost after bowling a 2 or 3 balls, it just seems he is struggling a bit aerobically. Im not saying he has to get ripped I'm just saying I think he could lose 3 or 4 kilograms.

I saw him with his shirt off at the beach on the news a few weeks back and he did have a bit of puppy fat.

I just think he needs to improve his fitness a bit, and the best way to do that is to drop a few kilo's.

Nothing himself and his coach/s would know about. He would be working on it.

Kram81;389357 said:
Even given the circumstances a crowd of 15,000 is a bit of a worry.

Australia's complete dominance all summer would have quite a bit to do with the low crowds. Pakistan and West Indies have hardly put any up resistence in the 12 ODI's/T20's we've had so far and most of the games have been over less than 75% of the way through. Even still, you raise a good point. The crowds are quite low despite Australia winning most of the matches reasonably easily.

The T20 game tonight at Bellerive was well attended, the next year or so is going to be crunch time for ODI cricket in my opinion. For ODI's to become more popular again, T20 needs to be eliminated at international level but with the money is brings in I can't see that happening.

I'm quite worried for 50-over cricket at this point and the ICC should be as well.

We just had a great ODI match in India with South Africa nearly stealing a win off the last ball. The ground was packed and it was great.

ODI's are still in relatively good health.

Gayle HAS to do something this game tonight or this series is going to be very disappointing not only for him, but for everyone else. I think he is the only man in world cricket today where bowlers don't mind being hit back over their head for six every second ball. :D

Boris;389752 said:
I think he is the only man in world cricket today where bowlers don't mind being hit back over their head for six every second ball. :D

I was actually just thinking one of the many ways Australia has proven themselves superior this summer is in the art of slogging. After watching them analysing one of Watson's sixes at Belrieve it suddenly dawned on me that there is a definite art to it, and I think the Australians have come closest to perfecting it. Certainly watching tonight - just look at poor Travis Dowlin who despite swinging like his life depended on it, barely managed to lift it over the infield. Compare that with the likes of Watson who casually smash sixes as if picking cherries. We tend to think of the Aussies winning with picking the gaps and quick running, but especially this summer, I think its more a case of slogging better than their opponents.

It's the difference with my slog/hack definition theory.

138 is a defendable target but with Warner and Watson coming out first with the form they are in I'd want about 400.

I hate sharing a house with non-cricket lovers... means the TV is stolen when you least want it to :p

Then with the delayed coverage up here you go onto the internet and unsuspectingly get the end result after expecting another hours worth of play. :mad:

Ausrtalia should have gotten 250 with the way they were going. Warner is a superstar.

Back