West Indies In New Zealand 2013/14

troll3y said:
I'm still laughing at how there were only five actual West Indians in the West Indian tour match team.

I was wondering why Aaron Redmond was playing for the West Indians. :p

NZ declared at 9/609, Taylor finished undefeated on 217. West Indies are 2/67 in reply.

Gee this pitch must be flat.

They're great aren't they? There's only a few bits of NZ Cricket that I find genuinely exciting to watch, watching Taylor or Ryder bat (sometimes Guptill) and Southee & Boult bowl together.

Yes they are. Especially Southee is world-class.

I get excited by watching Southee and Boult bowl and Williamson, McCullum and Guptill bat.

Watched the first day of the test while in Cairns (didn't know Oz screened some of our games) and I was trying to figure out why the commentary had improved. Then it clicked, Simon Doull wasn't there and Ian Bishop was so we had some genuine insight into pace bowling rather than some of the dribble that 'Doully' has produced over the years.

To the game, I wonder how long WI can dig in for, it's not really their natural game which is usually to punish the bad balls whether there's risk or not. This has me wondering about some of the attitudes of the 'lesser' teams (Bang, NZ, WI & Zim), are they all guilty of being too defensive/cautious when they are under the pump?

So Bravo on fire and about to push the WI into the lead with 2 hours left for today, I wonder what the weather like for tomorrow.

Well the WI answered my question, they've had enough of being timid and will punish the bad bowling! England could learn from this.

Back