West Indies In New Zealand 2013/14

Didn't make him pay too much in the end. Great days batting from NZ. Really think that the WI's are going to find it very difficult to bat on the track. Overall...they were very poor in line and length.

Guess it's all down to the seamers, unless the pitch gets decimated with footmarks I don't think the spinners will do much. This WI side needs Roach back to give them some real world class strike power, Gabriel, Best and Sammy are truly 2nd rate.

Damn. I missed Boult's master-class this morning.

I've always thought of Ian Gould as a below average umpire but he's had a really good Test here.

Good win against a weak WI side, we're now back to where we were when we beat Oz in Hobart a couple of years ago. Make no mistake, the side is built around the new ball bowling of Boult & Southee and the batting of Taylor, everything else is fluff and usually fleeting. McCullum is now on borrowed time, Sodhi is still learning and Ryder could take any batsman's place except Taylor's. Wagner has heart but anything else? Rutherford needs a kick up the arse, Fulton should be thankful the selectors don't like Papps.

But enough of that, holy c*** we won a game! :)

Fulton or Rutherford needs to be dropped. They should give Martin Guptill another go.

In the bowling department, I'd replace Wagner with Doug Bracewell. Wagner was poor for most of the first Test and most of the 2nd as well. If it wasn't for Southee, Boult and little bit of Anderson...we wouldn't have come close to winning either Test.

Back