Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.
Having said all that first picked in my side would be Temby because under 30 great batsmen who can also bowl.
Armstrong second due to age very good bowler who is very handy with the bat.
Hayes third just cant get the ************ out once he is set.[/QUOTE]

BigCoq
What about a bloke called O'Toole????
I know he hasn't played a lot of cricket the last few seasons but the small amount of cricket he played this season was pretty good and he will be much better next year. He would be my first pick but I am a little biased - :D - The 3 you mentioned are obviously all very good players and yeah Chris is a bit older but he would still be handy to any club.......... :p

Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.
Having said all that first picked in my side would be Temby because under 30 great batsmen who can also bowl.
Hayes third just cant get the ************ out once he is set.[/QUOTE]

BigCoq
I know he hasn't played a lot of cricket the last few seasons but the small amount of cricket he played this season was pretty good and he will be much better next year. He would be my first pick but I am a little biased - :D - The 3 you mentioned are obviously all very good players and yeah Chris is a bit older but he would still be handy to any club.......... :p

BigCoq;349339 said:
Shaved_Plums;349319 said:
Really??????? Daylight??????? What were you on when you wrote this???? Can I have some please??? DT is a great player and might just be the best in the comp but.........................daylight between him and the next best player in the comp.......................... I don't think so:p:cool:[/QUOTE

Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.
Hayes third just cant get the ************ out once he is set.

the Dootz very unlucky to miss, bad luck to woggy too for not getting into the top 3, was sure he would have made it, after me of course :p

BigCoq;349339 said:
Shaved_Plums;349319 said:
Really??????? Daylight??????? What were you on when you wrote this???? Can I have some please??? DT is a great player and might just be the best in the comp but.........................daylight between him and the next best player in the comp.......................... I don't think so:p:cool:[/QUOTE

Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.

the Dootz very unlucky to miss, bad luck to woggy too for not getting into the top 3, was sure he would have made it, after me of course :p

Shaved_Plums;349342 said:
Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.

BigCoq
I know he hasn't played a lot of cricket the last few seasons but the small amount of cricket he played this season was pretty good and he will be much better next year. He would be my first pick but I am a little biased - :D - The 3 you mentioned are obviously all very good players and yeah Chris is a bit older but he would still be handy to any club.......... :p[/QUOTE]

ye mate am aware of O'toole he is an out and out gun but thats why i put down 2009 and just quietly looks to beefy to be a bowler these days.:D
just put the order in relation to the season that passed 08/09.
lets not taint this with potential or past deads.

Shaved_Plums;349342 said:
Best players 2009.
1. Hayes.
2. Armstrong.
3. D.Temby.

BigCoq
I know he hasn't played a lot of cricket the last few seasons but the small amount of cricket he played this season was pretty good and he will be much better next year. He would be my first pick but I am a little biased - :D - The 3 you mentioned are obviously all very good players and yeah Chris is a bit older but he would still be handy to any club.......... :p[/QUOTE]

ye mate am aware of O'toole he is an out and out gun but thats why i put down 2009 and just quietly looks to beefy to be a bowler these days.:D
just put the order in relation to the season that passed 08/09.
lets not taint this with potential or past deads.

BigCoq
I thought you were refering to who you would want to have for the "step up" next season. And he is carrying a little extra around the girth shall we say...... :p ....... But I would be happy to have any of the players mentioned at my club........... Good luck next season guys in all comps and grades..... :cool:

BigCoq
I thought you were refering to who you would want to have for the "step up" next season. And he is carrying a little extra around the girth shall we say...... :p ....... But I would be happy to have any of the players mentioned at my club........... Good luck next season guys in all comps and grades..... :cool:

StAndrewsman;349344 said:
BigCoq;349339 said:

It's true what they say about you StAndrewsman....................
You ARE a strange strange boy................................. :p:D

StAndrewsman;349344 said:
BigCoq;349339 said:

It's true what they say about you StAndrewsman....................
You ARE a strange strange boy................................. :p:D

here is something i found out Mark Armstong is going to perth to live is this true?
can anyone from StAndrews Confirm this ?

If true i wonder if Chris(his brother) is going to hang around?

or is he going to chase the coin?

interesting to find out

only time will tell?

here is something i found out Mark Armstong is going to perth to live is this true?
can anyone from StAndrews Confirm this ?

If true i wonder if Chris(his brother) is going to hang around?

or is he going to chase the coin?

interesting to find out

only time will tell?

Hello everyone just heard a rumour that with the 4 sides St Andrews, Willi congs and 2 X Altona Roosters teams leaving the turf comp will have 8 teams next season, Believe to consist of St Johns, Burnside springs, Caroline Springs, Kingsville Bapts, Melton Centrals, Melton South, Melton and Werribee Centrals, Believe Melton looking at playing their Subbie 3rdIX from last season into WSUCCA turf comp, can anyone confirm this. Kind Regards

Hello everyone just heard a rumour that with the 4 sides St Andrews, Willi congs and 2 X Altona Roosters teams leaving the turf comp will have 8 teams next season, Believe to consist of St Johns, Burnside springs, Caroline Springs, Kingsville Bapts, Melton Centrals, Melton South, Melton and Werribee Centrals, Believe Melton looking at playing their Subbie 3rdIX from last season into WSUCCA turf comp, can anyone confirm this. Kind Regards

Clear The Pickets;349791 said:

Sound like alot of Sunday games next year then.
What grounds do churches have at there disposal.

1. St Pauls - definite Saturdays.
2. Kingville - definite Saturdays.
3. ANA -Part time depends if they get a second turf team in willy comp.
4. Deer Park -Part time depends if they get a second turf team in willy comp. if i was DeerPark i would give that pitch time to recouperate as it is way to dangerous to play on. We had a bloke break his finger when one kicked of a good length.
5.Heathdale maybe would have to share the ground.Saturdays & Sundays
6.Werribee Centrals only on Sundays.
7.Melton 4ths only on Sundays.
Sound like the good old western suburbs comp is a sudo Melton comp know
enjoy the travel boys.

4. Deer Park -Part time depends if they get a second turf team in willy comp. if i was DeerPark i would give that pitch time to recouperate as it is way to dangerous to play on. We had a bloke break his finger when one kicked of a good length.
enjoy the travel boys.

BigCoq;350149 said:

enjoy the travel boys.

And which ground will you be using Big Q when you go into the VTCA???

BigCoq;350149 said:

enjoy the travel boys.

And which ground will you be using Big Q when you go into the VTCA???

BigCoq;350149 said:

enjoy the travel boys.

i am coaching deer park next year and we will be re-laying the whole square again proir to footy finals in the wrfl.......as im a batsmen i wouldnt like to play on that having coming from subbies cricket...we will not be fielding another turf grade so we will be looking to continue our relationship with the churches comp with more competitive cricket at our ground.....i will add we are looking for a curator who will be paid to do the job for the whole season renumeration negotiable for the right candidate......any 1 with experiance or knows any 1 who would like to earn extra $$$$ dont hesitate pm me.....

cheers

BigCoq;350149 said:

enjoy the travel boys.

i am coaching deer park next year and we will be re-laying the whole square again proir to footy finals in the wrfl.......as im a batsmen i wouldnt like to play on that having coming from subbies cricket...we will not be fielding another turf grade so we will be looking to continue our relationship with the churches comp with more competitive cricket at our ground.....i will add we are looking for a curator who will be paid to do the job for the whole season renumeration negotiable for the right candidate......any 1 with experiance or knows any 1 who would like to earn extra $$$$ dont hesitate pm me.....

cheers

i doubt they could do that...they will need to field 4 sides in subbies cricket and im sure they have enough players to make a 5th team if they havnt already....they would smash everyone if their thirds from last season play in the churches........their ones won the flag/champ final 2nds runners up only lost 1 game.....3rds underfeated premiers and same as their 4ths.........not a bad year:eek:

i doubt they could do that...they will need to field 4 sides in subbies cricket and im sure they have enough players to make a 5th team if they havnt already....they would smash everyone if their thirds from last season play in the churches........their ones won the flag/champ final 2nds runners up only lost 1 game.....3rds underfeated premiers and same as their 4ths.........not a bad year:eek:

BigCoq;350170 said:
The Rams!!! deal is done!

REALLY???
Have the Rams folded?
I'm pretty sure you need to have 2 teams on turf in the VTCA and if that's the case and Rams haven't folded what happens then?

BigCoq;350170 said:
The Rams!!! deal is done!

REALLY???
Have the Rams folded?
I'm pretty sure you need to have 2 teams on turf in the VTCA and if that's the case and Rams haven't folded what happens then?

weapons05/06;350225 said:

cheers

Do u or have you got a water tank down there? I strongly recommend one as part of your turf revival stratergy. I played there last year it was a dust bowl with massive cracks and only and i stress only grass clipings on the deck but due to lack of water 50% of those clipping just blew away after walking/running/bowling on it.I have never seen anything like it.
I am astounded with your desicion to go back to Deer Park considering you are a Batsmen, the wicket alone will get you out psychologically before a ball is bowled. Best of Luck, im sure u now what your doing.

weapons05/06;350225 said:

cheers

Do u or have you got a water tank down there? I strongly recommend one as part of your turf revival stratergy. I played there last year it was a dust bowl with massive cracks and only and i stress only grass clipings on the deck but due to lack of water 50% of those clipping just blew away after walking/running/bowling on it.I have never seen anything like it.
I am astounded with your desicion to go back to Deer Park considering you are a Batsmen, the wicket alone will get you out psychologically before a ball is bowled. Best of Luck, im sure u now what your doing.

BigCoq;350289 said:

i did play on the wicket last season in a cricket club v footy club 20-20 got 47(35) and 4/19 with the ball so i will be looking to do some bowling......i just wannna be in the game weather batting bowling or fielding......attitude is what its all about.......

im not worried about the wicket as the reason for me signing they needed to concentrate all their efforts/money into getting it right.......and all/most discussions have been on the wicket so something is happening........

having played at albion through out my jnr cricket days with numerous comp batting awards the only club to see my talent as a keeper/batsmen was deer park.......doing all the training and playing in the 2's at albion back when i was 18 i thought didnt justify my talent if you know what i mean......having the move to d/p(the club where i played all my footy) and winning the club champion in my first year there........it was an easy decision with all the other clubs looking for coaches and all the meetings there are realistic goals im setting myself/the club to get it back to a-turf.....having only coached 3 years of jnrs at willy with 1 underfeated premiership a runners up and a semi final i think i have the knowledge/skills to get the job done........being 28 now its time to step up into a snr coaching role.....some say im going into my comfort zone which maybe i am i see it as a big challenge........an exciting 1......

cheers

BigCoq;350289 said:

i did play on the wicket last season in a cricket club v footy club 20-20 got 47(35) and 4/19 with the ball so i will be looking to do some bowling......i just wannna be in the game weather batting bowling or fielding......attitude is what its all about.......

im not worried about the wicket as the reason for me signing they needed to concentrate all their efforts/money into getting it right.......and all/most discussions have been on the wicket so something is happening........

having played at albion through out my jnr cricket days with numerous comp batting awards the only club to see my talent as a keeper/batsmen was deer park.......doing all the training and playing in the 2's at albion back when i was 18 i thought didnt justify my talent if you know what i mean......having the move to d/p(the club where i played all my footy) and winning the club champion in my first year there........it was an easy decision with all the other clubs looking for coaches and all the meetings there are realistic goals im setting myself/the club to get it back to a-turf.....having only coached 3 years of jnrs at willy with 1 underfeated premiership a runners up and a semi final i think i have the knowledge/skills to get the job done........being 28 now its time to step up into a snr coaching role.....some say im going into my comfort zone which maybe i am i see it as a big challenge........an exciting 1......

cheers

weapons05/06;350227 said:

Thats what i was told could be happening, they will play 3rds team this year in wsucca and promete their 4ths to 3rds and 5ths to 4ths in subbies comp i dont know how or if it could work either especially with players going in and out at times.

weapons05/06;350227 said:

Thats what i was told could be happening, they will play 3rds team this year in wsucca and promete their 4ths to 3rds and 5ths to 4ths in subbies comp i dont know how or if it could work either especially with players going in and out at times.

weapons05/06;350358 said:

cheers

As i understand it Albion had a lot of good teams around the time you were playing seconds. Maybe you just didnt have it back then. Now you may have forefilled your potential. The Deer park wicket around the time being used for grand finals was prepared by Old man Willy who done a great job and was paid well by Deer park but he was there alot during the week doing the neccessary work required to bring the wicket up to standard. Before his time there use to be huge cracks, i remember playing there and one ball would be at your ankles off a good length the next up near your throat. But thats why turf cricket is a challenge and you have to adjust your game accordingly. good luck on your appointmen, just dont let the extra responsiblitlities affect your own game. I will be watching with interest.

weapons05/06;350358 said:

cheers

As i understand it Albion had a lot of good teams around the time you were playing seconds. Maybe you just didnt have it back then. Now you may have forefilled your potential. The Deer park wicket around the time being used for grand finals was prepared by Old man Willy who done a great job and was paid well by Deer park but he was there alot during the week doing the neccessary work required to bring the wicket up to standard. Before his time there use to be huge cracks, i remember playing there and one ball would be at your ankles off a good length the next up near your throat. But thats why turf cricket is a challenge and you have to adjust your game accordingly. good luck on your appointmen, just dont let the extra responsiblitlities affect your own game. I will be watching with interest.

Clear The Pickets;350397 said:

thanks bud you sound like you know me.......?or you know albion maybe you played there.....?

old man willy......we are trying very very hard to get his services again i spoke with him at the local footy a couple of weeks back about him returning but he isnt commiting to anything as of yet........we are still looking.......

cheers

Clear The Pickets;350397 said:

thanks bud you sound like you know me.......?or you know albion maybe you played there.....?

old man willy......we are trying very very hard to get his services again i spoke with him at the local footy a couple of weeks back about him returning but he isnt commiting to anything as of yet........we are still looking.......

cheers

only st.johns caroline springs kingy bapts & melton centrals are going on in the turf comp in the wsucca !! come over to good cricket in the wdca boys!!

only st.johns caroline springs kingy bapts & melton centrals are going on in the turf comp in the wsucca !! come over to good cricket in the wdca boys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back