Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

were the hell r u getting ur info Scotty Palmer!
yesterday u didnt know the rams were folding and today ur the know all on the affairs at the Rams.
U also profess to know whats happening in the churches comp please give us a break.
u r a joke kid!!!!!:rolleyes:
keep punching you sound punch drunk,

were the hell r u getting ur info Scotty Palmer!
yesterday u didnt know the rams were folding and today ur the know all on the affairs at the Rams.
U also profess to know whats happening in the churches comp please give us a break.
u r a joke kid!!!!!:rolleyes:
keep punching you sound punch drunk,

hussler;350788 said:
Does anyone what Chris Armstrong is doing next year???

He has committed to play with St Andrews again in the VTCA. There have been a few comments on here saying he is going to go and chase money but they have been incorrect. Chris is 41 years of age now and has said he only has 2-3 years of cricket left in him. Yes he could go else where and get paid, however he is happy at St Andrews and plays for the enjoyment now as well as playing with his brother.

hussler;350788 said:
Does anyone what Chris Armstrong is doing next year???

He has committed to play with St Andrews again in the VTCA. There have been a few comments on here saying he is going to go and chase money but they have been incorrect. Chris is 41 years of age now and has said he only has 2-3 years of cricket left in him. Yes he could go else where and get paid, however he is happy at St Andrews and plays for the enjoyment now as well as playing with his brother.

Billy
Chris is not playing im am pretty sure he was appointed captain coach of Newport digman this week so he will not be playing at st Andrews sorry mate he is very good talented cricketer and big loss but i wish him all the best with this fresh challenge

Billy
Chris is not playing im am pretty sure he was appointed captain coach of Newport digman this week so he will not be playing at st Andrews sorry mate he is very good talented cricketer and big loss but i wish him all the best with this fresh challenge

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

I also heard this over the weekend.
This would be a massive loss to St Andrews considering the move to the VTCA!!!
How many will he take with him???
Also I wonder if he was the driving force behind the move to the VTCA???

Which this space boys St Andrews maybe back in the Churches before you know it!!!

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

I also heard this over the weekend.
This would be a massive loss to St Andrews considering the move to the VTCA!!!
How many will he take with him???
Also I wonder if he was the driving force behind the move to the VTCA???

Which this space boys St Andrews maybe back in the Churches before you know it!!!

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

I with all the other St Andrews boys spoke to him a month ago at the club presentation night. He told us all that if he was playing next year, then it would be at St Andrews. Based on that I take him on his word. If Chris has changed his mine and is going to go and coach Newport Digman, then of course it would be a huge loss for St Andrews as they would loose his experience, his all-round cricket skills and a good bloke around the club. St Andrews is a club that don't pay players, so if Chris has been offered a good deal elsewhere that he couldn't refuse then it is understandable that he would take it.

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

I with all the other St Andrews boys spoke to him a month ago at the club presentation night. He told us all that if he was playing next year, then it would be at St Andrews. Based on that I take him on his word. If Chris has changed his mine and is going to go and coach Newport Digman, then of course it would be a huge loss for St Andrews as they would loose his experience, his all-round cricket skills and a good bloke around the club. St Andrews is a club that don't pay players, so if Chris has been offered a good deal elsewhere that he couldn't refuse then it is understandable that he would take it.

Heard a rumor that some clubs want the WSUCCA to change the lower grades (D & E) to a one day comp................ Can anyone confirm this? I know St.Andrew's would be interested in having a side in that...... And I can tell you from personal experience that the 3rds and 4ths of clubs have quite a few fellas that would be better suited to this format..... you know the older blokes and the guys who are just happy to be part of the team. By being in a one day comp they don't have to commit to 2 Saturdays in row but can still play cricket as often as possible. Anyone have an opinion on this please state it as I really do think this is a great idea, but I find it hard to believe that the WSUCCA would do this as they are very much against change. I think though if the clubs wanted thsi to happen and got together on this one WE could make it happen....................................... ;)

Heard a rumor that some clubs want the WSUCCA to change the lower grades (D & E) to a one day comp................ Can anyone confirm this? I know St.Andrew's would be interested in having a side in that...... And I can tell you from personal experience that the 3rds and 4ths of clubs have quite a few fellas that would be better suited to this format..... you know the older blokes and the guys who are just happy to be part of the team. By being in a one day comp they don't have to commit to 2 Saturdays in row but can still play cricket as often as possible. Anyone have an opinion on this please state it as I really do think this is a great idea, but I find it hard to believe that the WSUCCA would do this as they are very much against change. I think though if the clubs wanted thsi to happen and got together on this one WE could make it happen....................................... ;)

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

Was just reading through a few posts and wish to clear a few points.

1. Chris will be leaving us and taking on a role with Newport. He really wanted to stay but with an impending birth and the crisis the country is in at the minute the offer made was something he could not refuse and as we dont pay players at this point we give him our blessing and wish him good luck and he stated to me that he has met lifelong friends at St. Andrews and that he will finish his career with us. There will be no players going with him as there are no issues at the club and we are a cohesive unit. Yes he will be a loss for us but he has taught our players alot of things in his time at the club that will only help us in the future. We was helpful in our push to the VTCA but he wasnt the sole reason.

2. Yes also Mark Armstrong is leaving the club to live in Perth as he has recieved a job opportunity that is once in a life time for him, Also mark is very much the glue that kept the boys laughing for hours end on end. Very committed clubman who will be sorely missed around the club but he has agreed to become our perth talent spotter for anyone coming back east.

3. We are very committed to getting a one day side in the churches and we ask for either feedback or support as you all know that getting full teams in the lower grades is difficult on most weekends and we think that having a one day comp in the lower grade or 2 will bring more people to cricket.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all clubs in the coming season. Hussler just lay off mate it's done and dusted.

Nathan;350803 said:
Billy

Was just reading through a few posts and wish to clear a few points.

1. Chris will be leaving us and taking on a role with Newport. He really wanted to stay but with an impending birth and the crisis the country is in at the minute the offer made was something he could not refuse and as we dont pay players at this point we give him our blessing and wish him good luck and he stated to me that he has met lifelong friends at St. Andrews and that he will finish his career with us. There will be no players going with him as there are no issues at the club and we are a cohesive unit. Yes he will be a loss for us but he has taught our players alot of things in his time at the club that will only help us in the future. We was helpful in our push to the VTCA but he wasnt the sole reason.

2. Yes also Mark Armstrong is leaving the club to live in Perth as he has recieved a job opportunity that is once in a life time for him, Also mark is very much the glue that kept the boys laughing for hours end on end. Very committed clubman who will be sorely missed around the club but he has agreed to become our perth talent spotter for anyone coming back east.

3. We are very committed to getting a one day side in the churches and we ask for either feedback or support as you all know that getting full teams in the lower grades is difficult on most weekends and we think that having a one day comp in the lower grade or 2 will bring more people to cricket.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all clubs in the coming season. Hussler just lay off mate it's done and dusted.

THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.
It saddens me to say that I will not be at St. Andrews this year to drink, or to play. But I'm sure I will be back, I just would not want to play anywhere else. I will make the journey back east once or twice next season to watch the boys in the VTCA, hey I can even have a beer while doing it!!! So if you hear a drunk, loud mouth on the boundary(not laying in the middle of the wicket) that will be me. Go Saints!

THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.
It saddens me to say that I will not be at St. Andrews this year to drink, or to play. But I'm sure I will be back, I just would not want to play anywhere else. I will make the journey back east once or twice next season to watch the boys in the VTCA, hey I can even have a beer while doing it!!! So if you hear a drunk, loud mouth on the boundary(not laying in the middle of the wicket) that will be me. Go Saints!

TableDancer;350944 said:
THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.
THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.

Are you going to work in the mines over in Perth, I have heard they need people with recent digging experience :eek:

TableDancer;350944 said:
THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.
THIS IS MARK ARMSTRONG.

Are you going to work in the mines over in Perth, I have heard they need people with recent digging experience :eek:

Stump Cam;350988 said:

hahaha good call Stump Cam

Stump Cam;350988 said:

hahaha good call Stump Cam

As everyone knows St.Andrew's cc is going to the VTCA this upcomong season. If anyone is interested in coming along for the ride feel free to message me, in private if you like. We are committed to making this move a success. As it stands we do not pay players, so we are looking for people who love the game and just want to enjoy their cricket....... also we have great facilities and supporters who love coming to the rooms after games for a drink (or 10). So if you want to enjoy your cricket on and off the field, St.Andrew's is the club for you.......... message me if you are interested.....:cool:

As everyone knows St.Andrew's cc is going to the VTCA this upcomong season. If anyone is interested in coming along for the ride feel free to message me, in private if you like. We are committed to making this move a success. As it stands we do not pay players, so we are looking for people who love the game and just want to enjoy their cricket....... also we have great facilities and supporters who love coming to the rooms after games for a drink (or 10). So if you want to enjoy your cricket on and off the field, St.Andrew's is the club for you.......... message me if you are interested.....:cool:

Just on a side note...... Stump Cam and Hussler............... Get over it boys......... Move on.................... We have and are............ What's done is done guys.................. It's time to start looking to the future...... :D

Just on a side note...... Stump Cam and Hussler............... Get over it boys......... Move on.................... We have and are............ What's done is done guys.................. It's time to start looking to the future...... :D

Wow massive news Armo leaving St Andrews 4 Digman.
I suppose the lesson here is money talks and bullshit walks.
Best of luck boys he will be very very hard to replace.
Not the kind of news u want when taking on a new and massive challenge.
Good luck on the recruiting drive but using this site as a vehicle is just about useless.:rolleyes:

Wow massive news Armo leaving St Andrews 4 Digman.
I suppose the lesson here is money talks and bullshit walks.
Best of luck boys he will be very very hard to replace.
Not the kind of news u want when taking on a new and massive challenge.
Good luck on the recruiting drive but using this site as a vehicle is just about useless.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back