Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

Kram81;372138 said:
eddie's main man losing the plot here..

I read this and thought that Cameron White had been thrown the ball and nearly fell out of my chair. Was relieved to see it was only SIddle.

Well done Siddle.

Good last over, saved the game.

Singh and Kumar did very well to get India that close.

Ponting only bowled Lee for 6 overs, injury? hungover?

Ponting probably remembered the spanking Lee was copping this time last year and decided to keep Lee off.

Good move IMO.

It is strange that Ponting continued with Watson instead of Lee. Watson was slowly getting less and less economical after a really good start.

Lee bowled very well to begin with and has a very good economy rate. Plus he is the only bowler in the side proven at the death.

Hope he isn't injured again.

Boris;372140 said:
Only Siddle.........
You're right, only Siddle could have bowled such a sensational over after the native QLDer bowled one of the worst overs ever seen :)

Ad for Lee, I think there is some thought towards his workload after the T20, England series and Champions Trophy being a non stop period for him, although Siddle has bowled all that time as well

Boris;372147 said:
It is strange that Ponting continued with Watson instead of Lee. Watson was slowly getting less and less economical after a really good start.

Lee bowled very well to begin with and has a very good economy rate. Plus he is the only bowler in the side proven at the death.

Hope he isn't injured again.

Lee probably wasn't going to be that effective on that wicket once the pace went, Lee also isn't normally the best bowler to have on bowling when the batsmen is swinging, going on past experience.

But then again how many times has Lee done the job perfectly against a batsman going at him? A lot more then not.

Also Siddle is part of the reason why it was so close. He went for 14 before Watson's over of 20. Neither not too flash.

Not taking anything away from him though, it was a brilliant over. Full credit to him.

I see Ricky Ponting isnt happy with the fact the NSW players joined them just 12 hours before the first game and he has a point, if it wasnt for the fact that it was NSW involved then they wouldnt have allowed the players to not be there when the rest of the team was

Do try not to talk rubbish, Eddie. You really think things would have been any different for White, Siddle and co. if Victoria hadn't capitulated like little girls in the semi-final?

No, I'm saying if NSW were not in the tournament the Aussie selectors would have taken their usual approach and not let them play at all

I think your tin foil hat is slipping. Both teams had three squad members, there's no reason why this decision would have been driven by NSW.

Both of you have points.

Obviously Ponting would have been upset by any team members playing at such late notice.

ACA has always been biased towards NSW, there are lots of evidence of different points in time where they are, but the chances of this being one case is quite unlikeley.

I still remember a week when there was a break in test cricket and Warney and I think Fleming were banned from playing for Victoria, yet over at the SCG the full strength NSW team was in action

Back