Australia in India

Re: Australia in India

7 out of 11 players are injured. And they are all top players that are hardly replaceable.

Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Callum Ferguson, Nathan Bracken, James Hopes, Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson.

The only player there that is easily replaced is Ferguson, not that you'd want to. The rest are established players and it is very lucky there are players that have stepped up so far.

Now who is replacing Lee and Johnson?

Henriques is apparently flying back to England to provide cover, they players are all mostly good players but we can get by without the likes of Clarke, Ferguson, Bracken, Hopes.

Losing Lee and possibly Johnson is a big blow, Haddin also provides a dynamic batting option, but Paine is offering some firepower in his place.

Ponting is the only truly irreplaceable player in our side, id maybe add Lee to that as well, especially in the ODI format.

I'd say Bracken and Hopes are in that same category, but there are players that can do jobs just good enough, but not as good, as them. For example Siddle bowled an amazing last over of the first match to win it, but Bracken probably would have rapped the game up the over previously. Good enough, but not as sensational if you get what I'm saying.

Anyway it is Marsh in for Hopes, Hilfenhaus in for Lee. I think it should be a good game, really looking forward to seeing Marsh bat in the chase.

After 2.3 overs the runs are already ticking over quickly with Sehwag and Tendulkar smashing around Hilfenhaus and Siddle some.

EDIT: It's 0/17

Tendulkar and Sehwag gone, they reckon 300 is probably par batting on this pitch first.

Wow.. big total coming up. Looks like a road though hopefully we can see a decent run chase tonight.

Does that bloke in the crowd have a Hitler mask on? lol.

Be interesting to see which way they go if Voges fails again, the pace bowlers with the exception of the great Peter Siddle are all getting spanked, yet Hauritz has been economical in both games

80 runs from the part timers 10 overs, may as well given White a bowl instead of Watson, couldnt have done any worse

Australia really struggled without Lee, a fully-fit Johnson (obviously not 100%) and Hopes.

Hussey's suddenly found some form of late. Hopefully Marsh (who should have opened) and Voges can make some runs and keep their places in the line-up.

4 WA boys in the line-up. :D

Marsh goes for the big shot again off Jadeja but misses and is stumped by Dhoni for 21 off 21 balls.

6/180, 175 needed from 13 overs, Voges is 35 not out.

A bit suprised by Manou being selected, thought Hartley is a better one day batsman, although perhaps a bit slow

Gives Marsh a good chance to secure his opening spot over the next 5 matches

Ljp86;372744 said:
Australia really struggled without Lee, a fully-fit Johnson (obviously not 100%) and Hopes.

Hussey's suddenly found some form of late. Hopefully Marsh (who should have opened) and Voges can make some runs and keep their places in the line-up.

4 WA boys in the line-up. :D

I'd just like to correct the Hussey finding form thing. He has had good form in ODIs for the past two seasons. There was no doubt about him being in the side. He is in my mind, and in the mind of the ICC rankings in the top ten in the world. It's only Tests he is struggling in. This is shown in his two scores in these games.

I would have liked to have seen Marsh open with that sort of run chase on that pitch. Paine and Haddin to me aren't openers for the Aussie side. There are much better players for that.

Good game still though. Spices things up a bit. Lee, Johnson and Hopes are really required in this series, especially Hopes.

Also like to add a good point towards Siddle for doing as well as he did without the three spearhead bowlers being there, before anyone thinks I would make excuses.

Oh well, although if the ICC was fair they would appoint Harper and Taufel to do the remaining matches, no reason why it should be an all Indian panel for the whole series

It is funny that the place that brought about the neutral umpires is also the place where they dump the need for neutral umpires

Back