Australia in New Zealand

Re: Australia in New Zealand

Warner a 2 ball duck then they send Haddin out there? Shocking chase by Australia anyway, never should have lost that

WTF eddie?

We were chasing 200+.

We tied the match, the eliminator over is a gimmick.

A great effort, and our World Cup hopes look great.

Great effort by Australia.

Still, I hate watching games on that postage stamp of an oval.

what an amazing game, it would have to be the best t20 game in history.
McCullum's hundred was sensational, and Australias chase was phenomenal, and great to see Clarke step up. Pity the eliminator was so boring in the end. Cant wait to see the highlights on sports tonight!

You said it yourself, its a postage stamp of an oval, 220 is very gettable, trouble was Haddin lasted for too long and Warner didnt stick around long enough

I will also add it seemed from the limited vision they showed that Clarke appeared to be jogging and ball watching running the 1st run on the last ball

Chasing 214 on any international field is not an easy task. There was over 400 runs scored that match in 40 overs. Superb stuff.

Great game mcullem looks to be in some good form..... Southee's bowling at the death was pretty amazing 32 from 2 overs and a run a ball at the death while white was smashing everything away.... Thought we held in there pretty well chasing 10.5 an over from the start but still had 6 wickets in hand????

Aaaah well bring on the odi's looks like we could have a bit more of a challenge then we have had all summer....

We will be too strong in the ODI's I feel.

New Zealand are always difficult at home but you'd think Australia would win pretty comfortably.

It is hard to tell with some of these grounds though, especially if the boundaries are so small.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;390323 said:
We will be too strong in the ODI's I feel.

New Zealand are always difficult at home but you'd think Australia would win pretty comfortably.

It is hard to tell with some of these grounds though, especially if the boundaries are so small.

Yeah i think we will be far superior in the odi's but if Mr mcullem hits them like he did tonight we could be in for some trouble...

All of nz's oval's are tiny they are all union fields but I think watson might be able to take advantage of that fact...

eddiesmith;390317 said:
You said it yourself, its a postage stamp of an oval, 220 is very gettable, trouble was Haddin lasted for too long and Warner didnt stick around long enough

I will also add it seemed from the limited vision they showed that Clarke appeared to be jogging and ball watching running the 1st run on the last ball

Eddie, no thoughts on the shield?

Dusk_oner;390326 said:
Yeah i think we will be far superior in the odi's but if Mr mcullem hits them like he did tonight we could be in for some trouble...

All of nz's oval's are tiny they are all union fields but I think watson might be able to take advantage of that fact...
Cameron White should dominate, when he finally gets in after the slow coaches ahead of him have finished wasting overs, should help him push his test case

Of course, if McCullum or Taylor tees off then we are going to be in a bit of trouble, but Ponting is coming back into our side and that is a plus, not just with the captaincy but in terms of boosting our batting and fielding.

I'd expect Australia to win the rest of their matchs.

eddiesmith;390329 said:
Cameron White should dominate, when he finally gets in after the slow coaches ahead of him have finished wasting overs, should help him push his test case

Hmm Watson, Marsh/Haddin, Ponting and Clarke slow coaches?

Interesting thought there. The slowest is Clarke and he scored at 148% tonight, and is striking at around 90 in the ODIs of late.

White hasn't scored since the start of the summer, with the exception of tonight.

Why would you have Ingram in the side instead of Styris? The guy hasn't a clue and is 32 ffs. Styris is a couple of years older but would surely be a better option?

Kram81;390343 said:
Why would you have Ingram in the side instead of Styris? The guy hasn't a clue and is 32 ffs. Styris is a couple of years older but would surely be a better option?

I agree, but not sure on past form.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;390353 said:
Fair go to Ingham, his face Tait at his quickest, Styris is crap.

I don't care who the guy was facing the shots he has played in both games were utterly ridiculous, the worst player I've seen at international level for a long time especially opening.

Back