Australia in South Africa

Re: Australia in South Africa

swifty_147;335667 said:
i agree with that
except for prince captaining, I think that Boucher would do a much better job
thought it was a bit harsh to drop Morne

thoughts?

yeah it is harsh to drop Morne. what about Harris? the bloke has taken a wicket in a while now. it will be interesting to see how the leg spinner goes. there is big hype in SA about him. Boucher has form issues, AB could take the gloves and another batsman could come in. who will open? Amla? Prince?

South Africa are starting to fall apart, only weeks after beating Aus in Aus, whats the go?

postmanpav;336097 said:
Have heard Kallis may captain SA.

He will be.

Cricinfo - Kallis named captain after selectors change mind

Also, Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle will be rested from the one-day and Twenty20 series. Ben Laughlin and Brett Geeves have been brought in whilst Shane Harwood will be there for the Twenty20 matches.

Squad: Michael Clarke, +Brad Haddin, David Warner, *Ricky Ponting, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Adam Voges, Cameron White, Callum Ferguson, James Hopes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Laughlin, Brett Geeves, Shane Harwood.

http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/current/story/394911.html

Good to see them sticking with Warner and also good to see Laughlin getting a game.

He has impressed me this season.

Ljp86;336114 said:
He will be.

Cricinfo - Kallis named captain after selectors change mind

Also, Ben Hilfenhaus and Peter Siddle will be rested from the one-day and Twenty20 series. Ben Laughlin and Brett Geeves have been brought in whilst Shane Harwood will be there for the Twenty20 matches.

Squad: Michael Clarke, +Brad Haddin, David Warner, *Ricky Ponting, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Adam Voges, Cameron White, Callum Ferguson, James Hopes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Laughlin, Brett Geeves, Shane Harwood.

Cricinfo - Australia give Siddle and Hilfenhaus a break

is the the odi and/or t20 squad?

Strong side, gotta stick with Warner and Ferguson. both look ready take the world by storm!
you would think they would rest Johno. They will run him into the ground!
what is Laughlin stats this year, haven't heard much about him.

Ben Laughlin, 26, Plays for Queensland.

First-Class = 3 matches, 6 wickets @ 65.83, S/R 106.
List A = 11 matches, 23 wickets @ 14.86, Ec 4.5.
T20 = 5 matches, 4 wickets @ 36, Ec 7.2.

Damn good OD bowler.

postmanpav;336327 said:
Ben Laughlin, 26, Plays for Queensland.

First-Class = 3 matches, 6 wickets @ 65.83, S/R 106.
List A = 11 matches, 23 wickets @ 14.86, Ec 4.5.
T20 = 5 matches, 4 wickets @ 36, Ec 7.2.

Damn good OD bowler.

Insane OD stats. should get a run if Siddle and Hilfy out. plus johno will be rested at some stage. will be interesting to see how big the jump is from domestic to International.

A.B De Villiers;336326 said:
is the the odi and/or t20 squad?

Both have been combined. Warner and Harwood are only there for the Twenty20 games, the rest will be there for the ODI's.

What do people think of Warner in the ODI team?
Do you think he is worthy of a spot in the team?

thoughts?

touch and go for me, i thought it was bold of the selecters to include him in the Aus t/20 team (in Australia), and boldness isnt something the selecters are famous for,i think he has to earn his spot in the 50 over game. or maybe play him but dont let him open, 5/6 maybe, and use your power play around him.

Let him have a crack, he may not come off every time, but neither did Gilly. not comparing Warner to Gilly, but just saying.

only one spinner being picked in Hauritz. is there not better spinners going around the traps? yeah he's tight, but not a match winner. Pup clarke and D hussey can do just a good a job as hauritz can.

anyone want to have a stab at what the result will be? i'm saying SA will get up, probably 3-2. Albie Morkel to be the key player.

A.B De Villiers;336639 said:
Let him have a crack, he may not come off every time, but neither did Gilly. not comparing Warner to Gilly, but just saying.

only one spinner being picked in Hauritz. is there not better spinners going around the traps? yeah he's tight, but not a match winner. Pup clarke and D hussey can do just a good a job as hauritz can.

anyone want to have a stab at what the result will be? i'm saying SA will get up, probably 3-2. Albie Morkel to be the key player.

at least gilly had another purpose, same as dhoni. but i agree he is a talent and should be giving an opportunity.

Warner is playing the Twenty20 games only. He will not be a part of the five-match ODI series.

A.B De Villiers;336639 said:

Aaron Heal and Xavier Doherty are better one-day bowlers than Hauritz but the selectors don't seem to be interested enough in their performances to pick them.

Ljp86;336657 said:
Warner is playing the Twenty20 games only. He will not be a part of the five-match ODI series.

Aaron Heal and Xavier Doherty are better one-day bowlers than Hauritz but the selectors don't seem to be interested enough in their performances to pick them.

Can't think why the selectors would be so narrow minded. Who does Hauritz play for again?

Tassietigersrule;334999 said:
Smith came back and batted at no.11 in the last test of the last series to try and save the game.
Considering they had the series won and it was only a dead-rubber game he was trying to save, you wouldn't think that he would rest in a game they must win or save to keep the series alive now would you?:eek:

If SA had won the last test in Australia,we would have lost the No1 world ranking,so it wasn't a "dead rubber" for either side.

Sober Symonds;337197 said:
Can't think why the selectors would be so narrow minded. Who does Hauritz play for again?

NSW, well he was given a blue cap and then a baggy green. typical! :confused:

please give McGain a go, we need a spinner to play.

A.B De Villiers;337320 said:
NSW, well he was given a blue cap and then a baggy green. typical! :confused:

please give McGain a go, we need a spinner to play.

Exactly. After Warne & MacGill, they couldn't wait to get Casson in there. Then they went through a string of others before going back to another Sydney boy with poor credentials. It's McGain's turn. May as well see what he's like.

Back