Australia in South Africa

Re: Australia in South Africa

Adam Voges will not go to South Africa for the one-day and Twenty20 games as he will be getting married. Marcus North will remain with the side after the completion of the test series.

Voges pussywhipped

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness, congratulations to Adam, your wedding comes before cricket....or does it? ;)

A.B De Villiers;337320 said:
NSW, well he was given a blue cap and then a baggy green. typical! :confused:

please give McGain a go, we need a spinner to play.
Please- don't be hating NSW just because we provide all of the talent! :D

To correct you though- Hauritz made his test debut when he was a Queenslander! ;)

el-capitano;337575 said:
Please- don't be hating NSW just because we provide all of the talent! :D

To correct you though- Hauritz made his test debut when he was a Queenslander! ;)

nice point on the debut, but be serious about the talent. you give us that Krazy bloke who takes 8 for punters career run tally (yes he was from New South originally) on debut and everyone jumps up and down.:p and casson? C'mon. anyone else you want to add? McGain is still being left out, even though he is clearly the best spinner the nation has got. :cool:

eddiesmith;337724 said:
I highly doubt he expected to be going to South Africa when he set the date

Eh? Even a year ago he's been close to selection in the One day side. It's just stupidity.

Kram81;337880 said:
Eh? Even a year ago he's been close to selection in the One day side. It's just stupidity.
He is a fringe player who comes in for injuries, nothing else, no way would he schedule his wedding around the off chance he might be in the one day squad, besides its not like Australia have many breaks

selection tonight, can they play mcgain and drop mcdonold ?? which is what the word from SA is, that would leave us only 3 seam options. i think north has to make way if they want to play the leggie, how ever unlucky it may seem. also if they play hauritz in front of mcgain i think the selecters should resign. just my thoughts. i dont see room for north and mcdonald in the same team.

North may miss out.

He's got the South African belly from the same dish they served out to the All Blacks a few years back! ;)

Australia's only decision was likely to be whether to use the same XI that won the first two Tests or include the legspinner Bryce McGain. However, their situation has been complicated by a bout of gastro that struck down North the day before the game. He did not train with the squad on Wednesday and it meant the Australians were forced to delay naming their 12. With no batting backups in the touring party, if North fails to recover it will almost certainly mean a debut for McGain.

Cricinfo - Australia have more to gain in dead rubber

South Africa XI: Imraan Khan (test debut), Ashwell Prince, Hashim Amla, *Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, +Mark Boucher, Albie Morkel (test debut), Paul Harris, Dale Steyn, Makhaya Ntini

In: Imraan Khan, Ashwell Prince, Albie Morkel
Out: Graeme Smith (broken finger), Neil McKenzie (omitted), Morne Morkel (omitted)

Australia XI: Phillip Hughes, Simon Katich, *Ricky Ponting, Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, +Brad Haddin, Andrew McDonald, Mitchell Johnson, Bryce McGain (test debut), Ben Hilfenhaus

In: Bryce McGain
Out: Marcus North (ill)

Umpires: Asad Rauf, Steve Bucknor
3rd Umpire: Billy Bowden
Toss: Australia won the toss and chose to bat

Pitch looks to be pretty good, bare at both ends but there is a little dampness but that should dry out. Spinners will have to rely on the bowling footmarks for any sort of turn. Definitely a batting track this one.

Ricky Ponting won the toss for the sixth game in a row. This is also Steve Bucknor's last test match as an umpire. He will retire after this game.

Weather:

(all Temps in Degrees Celcius)

Thursday: Sunny, 23
Friday: Sunny, 24
Saturday: Sunny, 27
Sunday: Sunny, 26
Monday: Sunny, 24

i wonder if playing johnson (left arm) has been one of the reasons they havnt played the leggie, i cant remember to many left arm quicks playing in the same side as warne, for obvious reasons, i wonder if they"d play mcgain if the opposing team had a left arm quick as well, especially if they had an off spinner, worth thinking about anyways. also well done to steve bucknor, one of the better umps over a long period of time.

Hughes is out when he wasn't
LBW shout for Harris, Hughes tries to play the sweep shot and it hits him outside the line
no refferal

im wondering if its time ponting moved to no 5, im not saying it because of form but i just think he deserves to take a break after a brilliant career, maybe give no3 to a younger bloke, if he wants to play for another 3 years he will have to move eventually. give rogers a go at no3, hussey has to go now surely.

Australia all out for 203. Katich top scored with 55, Haddin 42 and Johnson 35.

Steyn took four wickets and Harris snared three in what was a really good bowling effort from South Africa.

South Africa have taken after the Australia bowling and are 0/41 in only the seventh over. Prince is 24 not out, Khan on 13.

Australia really missed North there in the middle order, McDonald is not a test standard batsman.

North is sick according to the press in South Africa.. I hope this is not another deadrubber syndrome match as South Africa don't need a confidence boost from a bad Australia performance..

Back