City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Rain last night for the T20 semi, rain tonight for training and rain forecast for Saturday. I'm just about at the end of my tether.

I am beginning to believe that God is a Juggernaut supporter.This is all falling nicely for them, giving them a chance to get their house in order.

Evening All,

Any chance of a Congressional proclaimation from the Oval Office that the one day comp grade is dead and buried after many years of sustained success, with 3 or 4 clubs was not enough for it continue, so says the lady on the new efficient never going wrong Bailleu tram today!!

I think Clock has a J.......n...t teddy bear he is so much in love with them!!

Merl over and out

Evening All,

Any chance of a Congressional proclaimation from the Oval Office that the one day comp grade is dead and buried after many years of sustained success, with 3 or 4 clubs was not enough for it continue, so says the lady on the new efficient never going wrong Bailleu tram today!!

I think Clock has a J.......n...t teddy bear he is so much in love with them!!

Merl over and out

How did you know? It is a Kim Pitt bear, and you pull the string it sledges you and then reminds you of all the flags the J.U.G.G.E.R.N.A.U.T have won ie 10 of the last 11.As the great Norm Smith once said to the Collingwood team after the 1958 Grand Final...'by God I hate you bastards, but I respect you'.

Evening All,

As per Merl's rules with washouts tips can be changed and Merl is changing in the Bluff Rd cup from the Royals to the diggers.

No late change this week Parker?

Army thought there may have been a bit more interest in the Bobby Dazzler so your theory that most of the BCFers follow the Barrack line of Longy and forget the rest.

Merl over and out

Evening All,

What a great day and previous night once word filtered through to Old Merl that the Clocker noughts had been beaten by the Politicans Highway pretenders in not just Longy but the Bluff Rd Cup as well.It won't make up for the politicians beloved labour party losing in a bowl off to Bailieu's mob but it will mean the return of the Gorozidis Pitt trophy back to the highway after spending many summers doewn at tin can alley.They are more like thimbles than jugs and have unrespectively been dumped from the four where I hope they remain for quite some years!!!

Don't worry about a Royal Commission I am instigating Clocker Gate with Condelezza wheeled in from Williamstown while Jimmy was on sabbatical, and needed a phone call from a resident of Thornbury ( Dickie )to convey the unknown scores from Elwood Beach to the studios near Mentone beach.I needed a GPS just to keep up with it all.maybe that wiki pedia guy could help Barrack and Hiliary obtain the scores before interpol catch up with him.

Anyway some normal and some surprise results yesterday as we enjoyed a warm day in the sunshine instead of rain and drinking beers watching it.

Big Macs mob gave slim's mob a touch up and are doing very nicely for themselves.The Panthers continue to pounce and gave the former millionaires even with the junior Golden Greek back in harness another season ending beating.

By all reports from Dickies voice message Merl's beach boys gave the Royals a flogging but as schultz would say ' I know nothing' after that!!

Billionaire Uniting with the child contributing a daffy duck were too good for the broken down machine who now have our very own B broken down with a knee injury despite contributing a gutsy half ton!!!

The Politicans Highway Pretenders got up on the last ball to dispose of the Clocker nought thimbles and send them tumbling down the ladder.Open another bottle and keep the celebrations going!!!

The Golfers got back on par to send the shudders through Parkers mob who let a golden opportunity to stitch up a place in the top four slip with a scratchy performance on the back nine.

In the Bluff Rd Cup the big 3 continue to march on but the day of judgement comes next week when Merl's own take on Botswana West for bragging rights.

Wallet Park put the sword's mob to the sword,while the digger's have come back to life to dispose of the Royals.The Pretender twos took only 15 overs to dispatch of the pathetic Clocker thimble twos which would have given the former BBQ time to dash up the highway and present his half of the trophy.

Bottsy mob brought Billionaire uniting twos back to earth and showed the gulf that exists between firsts and seconds teams!!
Merl's former own Cluden are starting to gather some former pace to re establish themselves with the pack after disposing of the pathetic purple & golds!!

Merl's own Chelsea Hieights were too good for the uncle Mick less Highett West who continue to struggle this season.

Army wasn't required to bat or bowl in his sides easy win in the Bobby Dazzler but a few upsets caused a few headaches for the faithfull four who signed on for the BD tipping.

I will provide a separate post with Merlot Horlicks and Bobby Dazzler tipping results and draws for next week.

Merl over and out.

Evening again with results for both the Merlot Horlicks and Bobby Dazzler tipping.

Botswana is making his move and slack sledge would have been right up there if he hadn't missed the Peter Peter which incur both he and on the rise a minus two penalty as per the non negiotable Merl's rules.The evidence speaks for itself as follows:

slegnidnhoj, Nov 27, 2010 Report
ontherise, Nov 27, 2010 Report

2010 11 Merlot Horlicks Tipping Comp

Rd 1 Rd 2 Rd 3 Rd 4 Rd 5 PEN Total
1 Merlot 9 10 9 9 9
2 Mentalist 7 8 8 10 11
3 Jimmy 7 7 9 10 10

Bottsy 6 8 9 10 10

5 Sledge 7 8 9 9 11 -2 42

PDog 7 8 9 9 9

No Fox 8 5 10 9 10
8 Clock 6 9 8 9 9
9 Unc Mick 5 7 9 9 10
10 Ord Bloke 6 8 6 9 9
11 On the Rise 6 7 9 9 8 -2 37

Golf 7 6 7 9 8
12 Peter Parker 5 3 9 8 7
13 Sugar 5 3 8 9 7 -2 30

2010 11 Bobby Dazzler

1 Merlot

Peter Parker

3 Army

Uncle Mick

The draw for next week with some big games in all grades is as follows:

Longy
Rd 6

Omega 1 v Brighton Union 1
Bentleigh ANA 1 v Hampton Central 1
East Sandy v Le Page Park 1
Bentleigh Uniting 1 v Elwood 1
Kingston Heath 1 v Mackie 1
West Bentleigh 1 v Carnegie South 1

Wooly
Rd 6
Washington Park 1 v Bentleigh ANA 2
Moorabbin West 1 v Chelsea Heights 1
Brighton Union 2 v Omega 2
Highett West 1 v Cluden 1
Hampton United 1 v East Sandy

Quiney
Rd 6

Hampton Central 2 v Melbourne Wanderers 1
Le Page Park 2 v Bentleigh Uniting 3
Elwood 2 v Cheltenham Park 1
Mackie 2 v Kingston Heath 2
Carnegie South 2 v West Bentleigh 2
Southside East Caulfield 1 v Washington Park 2

I have to go and finish off that last bottle and I ain't drinking out of thimbles!!!!!!!

Merl over and out

Ridiculous rule Merl, some people don't have the time or the knowledge to write a essay and babble on. Plus if someone covers something you may say why is there a need to say it again.
You are running high on greedy power, instead of been understanding that someone with kids and a wife working two jobs to pay a mortgage can't sit down and sift through all the results taking particular notice too individual results too gather up a review!
Dock me for your 2 points if you must, but i find it difficult sometimes to give you what you need so therefore if you are unable to accept what i can offer then best you remove me from the competiton!!

Regards Sledge

Merlot,
You give despots a bad name.
Dare I say the dreaded 'R' word is beginning to come into play. Omega has a lot of work ahead to get themselves out of the quagmire, whilst the Royals, the Machine, the Cowboys and the Golfers will be nervously looking over their shoulders wondering what the afternoon tea is like at some of the Woolnough grounds.

8 Bentleigh ANA 1 5 0 2 0 3 0 12 0.7206
9 Mackie 1 5 0 1 0 4 0 6 0.9329
10 Kingston Heath 1 5 0 1 0 4 0 6 0.7197
11 West Bentleigh 1 5 0 1 0 4 0 6 0.5938
12 Omega 1 5 0 0 0 5 0 0 0.4885
Omega is in disarray with unavailabilites and injuries, and they just cannot get their structure right.The Royals vary from chocolates to boiled lollies.When they are bad they are terrible as highlighted by Saturdays form. Their new skipper is struggling with an average of 14, and are probably looking forward to the return of the Judge in the New Year to help bolster their fragile batting line up.Their 2nds are stuck equal bottom with Mick's mob so the Royals have a lot of issues to deal with this season.The Machine has suffered the curse of Hampton Central. From Grand Finalists to possible relegation candidates. To add to their problems their skipper is struggling with injury which could possibly see him miss the rest of the season. The rest of the 'reliables' have failed to step to the mark this year, whilst their young ones are still learning the caper. Again as with the Royals the Machine's seconds in Army's grade, are stuck on the bottom, winless. The Cowboys were optimistic in July and then it has been down hill since then. They have not had the players available, and must draw on players from Army's grade as well, which makes it tough. The Golfers have been here before, after an impressive first outing against Uniting they have failed to impress, except on Saturday when they disposed of the Spiders quite comfortably. Leroy back in the team has added some much needed stability.

Can anyone tell us what is happening with the T20? Storms predicted for Wednesday.Any chance of moving it to a Thursday or Sunday? No Semi finals are they going to play them or just progress the best two winners for the tournament?

Booby Dazzler PM

Good win for us, with the ever reliable mikka "juice" lienert grinding the game to halt taking 2-14 of his 9 overs and then bringing the victory home with 27 not. In terms of the young talent at Elwood that would look to play Longy i didnt see much in the batting (this will happen when they make 85 of which 37 we conceeded in sundries!!!). Opening bowler (D. Foote according to MyCricket) was solid though and was a youngster, i was umpiring at the start and he was getting it to move around a bit but for some reason he was under instructions from him skipper to bowl 5 balls an over short in some sort of bodyline style attempt to remove/contain our openers????
A few surprise results, seeing wash park go down was a surprise im pretty sure they will be there abouts in finals but as mentioned previously on this forum 1 dayers can throw up some upsets.
Not sure what was happening at the usually run friendly Chelt Park with 19/194 for the day!!
Also the running hot Le Page were given a reminder by the never to be taken lightly boys from Victory park!

On another note good to see my old BD mate B. Lockhart get amoungst the runs in Wooly he certainly took to me a few times over the last few years. Can be a very damaging player (first hand experience talking here). Looks like you were dearly missed UM...

Merl, add a point to Jimmy's total, only missed on the Spiders last round. Don't want to bring integrity of the Horlicks Cup into disrepute so claiming extra point now.

Doesn't sound like there was any big news out of the round???

Jimmy was in Adelaide watching shellacking of Australia.
WACA test team? Based on Katich out.
Hughes - no one else knocking on door and could be effective at WACA
Watson - Needs to be moved to 5 or 6 as soon as we can establish openers
Khawaja - TIME TO MOVE ONTO NEXT GENERATION
Clarke - Not keen on him as our next skipper but who else is there other than Katich
Ponting - TIME TO DROP TO 5 AND LOSE BURDEN OF (ATROCIOUS) CAPTAINCY ASAP
Hussey - Saved by the bell
Haddin - DESPITE BEING OUR WORST KEEPER FOR MANY YEARS
Johnson - WILD CARD AT WACA (made 100 & got 5-fer against VIC's there a few weeks ago)
Krejza - ACTUALLY SPINS THE BALL, Smith 2 years away from being adequate, Doherty...fair enough to pick him, hope he enjoyed his 2 test matches
Harris - Honest toiler
Hilfenhaus - Another honest toiler but WACA - HORSES FOR COURSES

Time for Neilson "we are happy with where we are" and Cooley "Now none of bowlers can swing it" to move on.

Longy
Brighton Union - may have turned corner
Bentleigh ANA - not as bad as they are playing
East Sandy - on the rebound
Bentleigh Uniting - roll on
Mackie - could be a good contest
West Bentleigh - Dr.Jeckyl in this weeks upset

Wooly
Washington Park - Woonough powerhouse
Moorabbin West - old boys v upstarts, should be be a good one
Brighton Union - may also have turned the corner
Cluden - gaining momentum now??
East Sandy - depth returning
Bentleigh Uniting - consistency...thy name is Bentleigh Uniting, inconsistency...thy name is Asp-Edithvale RSL

Quiney
Melbourne Wanderers
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Kingston Heath
Carnegie South
Washington Park

Jimmy,

Merl's deepest apologies a rare mistake from the old fella and good to see someone at least checks the results.I thought you,Adam or Brudes two previous infringers could have straightened out the latest two recalcitrants but leave it to me as usual.Don't go to Adelaide too often Condelezza was adequate at best and still didn't solve the Clocker Gate no scores in the paper mystery which he was famous for orchestrating!!!Maybe we could give him a baton and and get the scores back in tune.

Slack Sledge and on the down hill rather than on the rise Merl's rules spelted out for everyone loud and clear pre season is to have your tips in by Peter Peter Friday night or be deducted 2 points penalty.Brudes and Adam took their penalty graciously without debate.I published the date you both submitted to show you tipped on Saturday rather than Friday night.Get your priorities in order to stay in contention for this prestigious competition.

Sledge you must have re incarnated yourself as someone else because it has been at least 12 months since I jousted with the child about pre and post game reports.There is no requirement for any reports just simply get them in by Peter Peter!!!You are not the child hiding in Sledge's clothing are you????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Say hello to your wife and kids for me!!!!!!

Clocker Nought,

Still drunk from a solid 3 days of celebrations of your thimbles, demise long may it last.

Just who is Des Potts does he bat bowl or a bit of both.Can he field better than the current pathetic Aussies and is he in Longy,Bluff Rd or the Booby Dazzler grades??????????

Enough from the old fella

Merl over and out

Merl, add a point to Jimmy's total, only missed on the Spiders last round. Don't want to bring integrity of the Horlicks Cup into disrepute so claiming extra point now.

Doesn't sound like there was any big news out of the round???

Jimmy was in Adelaide watching shellacking of Australia.
WACA test team? Based on Katich out.
Hughes - no one else knocking on door and could be effective at WACA
Watson - Needs to be moved to 5 or 6 as soon as we can establish openers
Khawaja - TIME TO MOVE ONTO NEXT GENERATION
Clarke - Not keen on him as our next skipper but who else is there other than Katich
Ponting - TIME TO DROP TO 5 AND LOSE BURDEN OF (ATROCIOUS) CAPTAINCY ASAP
Hussey - Saved by the bell
Haddin - DESPITE BEING OUR WORST KEEPER FOR MANY YEARS
Johnson - WILD CARD AT WACA (made 100 & got 5-fer against VIC's there a few weeks ago)
Krejza - ACTUALLY SPINS THE BALL, Smith 2 years away from being adequate, Doherty...fair enough to pick him, hope he enjoyed his 2 test matches
Harris - Honest toiler
Hilfenhaus - Another honest toiler but WACA - HORSES FOR COURSES

Time for Neilson "we are happy with where we are" and Cooley "Now none of bowlers can swing it" to move on.

Longy
Brighton Union - may have turned corner
Bentleigh ANA - not as bad as they are playing
East Sandy - on the rebound
Bentleigh Uniting - roll on
Mackie - could be a good contest
West Bentleigh - Dr.Jeckyl in this weeks upset

Wooly
Washington Park - Woonough powerhouse
Moorabbin West - old boys v upstarts, should be be a good one
Brighton Union - may also have turned the corner
Cluden - gaining momentum now??
East Sandy - depth returning
Bentleigh Uniting - consistency...thy name is Bentleigh Uniting, inconsistency...thy name is Asp-Edithvale RSL

Quiney
Melbourne Wanderers
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Kingston Heath
Carnegie South
Washington Park

Hey Jim Bob.

My test team woild be:

Hughes. Give him a go
Watson. Gets around 50 every time
Ponting. Too stubborn to go down the order.
Clarke. If his back is ok.
Hussey. In form ( at last)
Khawaja. Seems to be next in line.
Haddin. I agree with his keeping skills or lack thereof.
Smith. At least he's a no. 8 that can bat.
Harris. I like the way he goes about it.
Hilfenhaus. Under rated.
McKay. We need at least one Vic in there.

As for us, a relief to get our first win of the season on Saturday. The batting wasn't to where we would like it, but at least we posted a competitive total. The bowling and fielding were excellent all day. The goal is to do this every time we go out there.

Fair enough Merl but my tips were in Saturday a full 7 days before the start of the round, didnt take much to realise play would be washed out that day

Merl as a recently new member i am completely unaware of this rule and besides i thought my tips were well in before your friday night deadline! Are you aware Merl that the times on this site are completely all over the place??? Pretty sure Ontherise did not post at 2.32am as it says when i am posting now at 9.22pm just 50 mins after his post!! perhaps you need to look at that if you did not know it all ready, also thought you want to attract tipsters and not deter them and no i am not the Child but keep guessing!

R6

Longy
City Of Brighton Union CA will get the chockys - Omega Who???
ANA - could be a great game
Juggernaut - to get back into the 4
Billionaires - another good game, but Billionaire's depth will cash in here
Mackie - it's time for the Machine to crank it up. Absolute last chance.
Spiders - Crunch game for the Spiders. They've been blown away in recent weeks and
their web needs re-spinning with stronger willow.

Wooly
Sharks - by 20,000 leagues
Moor West - love these type of games. Should be a cracker.
Union - things look a bit weak down at Bricker
Cluden - Looking stronger down at Brighton
Hampton United - Juggernaut's look as shallow as Gillard's argument against Lassange.
Billionaires - I'm thinking the Child will help win the chocolates in this one.

B Dazzler
Wanderers
Le Page
Beach boys
Golfers
Spiders
Washington

Slednignhoj - Rules are rules mate, get in early or take in on the freakingly ugly chin of yours!

Back