Country Week 2009/2010

Re: Country Week 2008/2009

apparently a few blokes have pulled out because they have asked scowny and sam to play who both can't because of the late notice, and hodgy is in as well..

ants14;321775 said:
apparently a few blokes have pulled out because they have asked scowny and sam to play who both can't because of the late notice, and hodgy is in as well..

possibly Tim Marshall from Leopold as a replacement for Fanning.

Yeah Scown was asked and could not play. Cannot believe they did not give Ants the call up !!

gca_ipl;321805 said:
possibly Tim Marshall from Leopold as a replacement for Fanning.

Yeah Scown was asked and could not play. Cannot believe they did not give Ants the call up !!

lol not coming off 2 ducks mate

Renny24;321907 said:
Confirmed that Hodgson is in.

Yeah, I was talking to him last night, he seemed pretty stoked with the news, well deserved after making a couple of tons this year.

Just wondering the blokes who actually have pulled out Renny if you do know?

Sam wasn't sure but I think he said Pitts was one of them?

ants14;322020 said:
Yeah, I was talking to him last night, he seemed pretty stoked with the news, well deserved after making a couple of tons this year.

Just wondering the blokes who actually have pulled out Renny if you do know?

Sam wasn't sure but I think he said Pitts was one of them?

Daniel Fanning & Damien Hester.

Renny24;322031 said:
Daniel Fanning & Damien Hester.

I think Damian Hester pulled out because of the slanderous comments he heard made about the captains sister and himself by the Swing King ! Pretty funny comment, as when the brothers heard that Damo took the captains sister out on a date they tried to lynch him :) And for the record "the date" would have been well over a year ago.

gca_ipl;322036 said:
I think Damian Hester pulled out because of the slanderous comments he heard made about the captains sister and himself by the Swing King ! Pretty funny comment, as when the brothers heard that Damo took the captains sister out on a date they tried to lynch him :) And for the record "the date" would have been well over a year ago.

Wouldn't worry to much about the Swing King ipl, seems he has gone back into his Lair :D

give mark slater a call, he loves it, does nothing but watch horses all week at home. probably love to get away from the kids for a while too.:rolleyes:

who would really win country week div 1 if they all had their strongest side in, lets not just say geelong. BABIES ARM, maybe you could ask chuck for us.

crktluva;323756 said:
who would really win country week div 1 if they all had their strongest side in, lets not just say geelong. BABIES ARM, maybe you could ask chuck for us.

Ballarat, Bendigo & especially Mornington Peninsula are the other strong sides. Babies Arm would know Mornington well as he played down there after the shortened GCA season a couple of years back. Geelong play both Bendigo & Mornington this coming carnival.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;325925 said:
DAY ONE​

GCA 8/249 & 2/44 def Sunraysia 168

Geelong were in early trouble with 3/28 but a big partnership of over 130 odd by Bambury and Glen Talarico got them out of trouble. Talarico made 80 odd, and Bambury made 90 odd. That pushed them up to the 249 score. Note sure about the bowling but Hornet got 2 wickets.

Back