Country Week 2009/2010

Re: Country Week 2008/2009

crktluva;323756 said:
who would really win country week div 1 if they all had their strongest side in, lets not just say geelong. BABIES ARM, maybe you could ask chuck for us.

I think you would be surprised as to how good Sale Maffra would be...

Adrain Burgiel
Nathan King
Stuart Anderson
Andrew Tatterson aren't playing.

The four best players in the league. Two have been in State squads, one made three hundreds in four games of rep cricket this year and the other was the opening batsmen for Carlton when Ian Wrigglesworth was there.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;326247 said:
DAY TWO​

Sale Maffra 7/236 def GCA 9/224

Are Geelong strong this year?

Where is that quick Harper from couple years back?

Sale Maffra isn't particuarly, no one wants to play. Our administration have turned to shit and we hardly play in the home and away season.

SonnyBoy;326593 said:
Are Geelong strong this year?

Where is that quick Harper from couple years back?

Sale Maffra isn't particuarly, no one wants to play. Our administration have turned to shit and we hardly play in the home and away season.

Geelong is about the strongest it has been for a fair while. Over the last few seasons Geelong may have not fielded it's strongest side on paper but they have made the final most years only to loose. Word from yesterday was that Geelong fielded poorly and let Sale Maffra get about 40 too many runs. Geelong then started batting very slowly and were 3/75 off 25 so they struggled from there. With a win today and a win tomorrow they are still a good chance to make the final. I reckon if they get there they will give it a good nudge. In saying that it is not necessarily the team of champions which beats a champion team.

Harper was unavailable I believe and with some bad knees an extra weeks cricket would not be beneficial to him at this stage of his career. But RAM may be able to answer us there ?

Easy win for geelong. Bendigo batted out the overs 9 down but nowhere near the Geelong score. Riches best figures with 3-25. There was also 3 runouts

gca_ipl;326623 said:
Geelong is about the strongest it has been for a fair while. Over the last few seasons Geelong may have not fielded it's strongest side on paper but they have made the final most years only to loose. Word from yesterday was that Geelong fielded poorly and let Sale Maffra get about 40 too many runs. Geelong then started batting very slowly and were 3/75 off 25 so they struggled from there. With a win today and a win tomorrow they are still a good chance to make the final. I reckon if they get there they will give it a good nudge. In saying that it is not necessarily the team of champions which beats a champion team.

Harper was unavailable I believe and with some bad knees an extra weeks cricket would not be beneficial to him at this stage of his career. But RAM may be able to answer us there ?

The one thing going for sale maffra is it is a good fielding side.

Ian Wrigglesworth (ryder medallist) went down and couldn't bowl. Even though he is not that great anymore. So Sale maffra opened with the worse of there four spinners....Geelong really batted slow and should have attacked because our other medium and spin bowlers are good containers of runs.

I am sure if geelong were to play SMCA again they wouldn't make the same mistakes...and probably win comfortably.

Thanks for knowledge on Harper he was fast...

mayhem20202;326985 said:
Anyone know the Geelong score from today?

geelong all out for 140 odd in the 40th over when i left

bambury and pitts only ones to make a few runs but even that wasnt enough

ants14;326986 said:
geelong all out for 140 odd in the 40th over when i left

bambury and pitts only ones to make a few runs but even that wasnt enough

they lost so did not make the final. Other side were 9/216 odd to win. Disappointing end to the tournament. At least for Ant's sake Hornet will be keen for runs on a road at Reynolds Reserve on Saturday !! :)

gca_ipl;327222 said:
they lost so did not make the final. Other side were 9/216 odd to win. Disappointing end to the tournament. At least for Ant's sake Hornet will be keen for runs on a road at Reynolds Reserve on Saturday !! :)

well at least i know how to get him out now, saw it with my own eyes today. was talking to fergy after he went out, plain and simply said we just batted sh** against a mediocre team.. yes i was surprised to hear fergy have the intellect to pronounce a word such as mediocre but he did lol

Round up, stoked to see hodgy get a few runs, definitely proved he belonged. Fergy told me he had lots of poise and heaps of time when he was batting. Riches got a few wickets which was good to see, and judging from his figures the first three days Ando obviously bowled tight. Tala got big scores two of the days, i duno wat he made day 2, but he ducked it today like ferg. Thats from an outsiders perspective, maybe when Ando gets back he can giv a proper wrap

A disappointing week. Tala and Hodgson made stars of themselves for the week; along with Fergusson's supurb 100 on Day 3. An 18yo Hodgson was as cool as a cucumber in a pressure-cooker situation against Sale-Maffra when making 85 and also in putting on 64 with Fergie for the 4th against Bendigo.

ants14;327252 said:
well at least i know how to get him out now, saw it with my own eyes today. was talking to fergy after he went out, plain and simply said we just batted sh** against a mediocre team.. yes i was surprised to hear fergy have the intellect to pronounce a word such as mediocre but he did lol

Round up, stoked to see hodgy get a few runs, definitely proved he belonged. Fergy told me he had lots of poise and heaps of time when he was batting. Riches got a few wickets which was good to see, and judging from his figures the first three days Ando obviously bowled tight. Tala got big scores two of the days, i duno wat he made day 2, but he ducked it today like ferg. Thats from an outsiders perspective, maybe when Ando gets back he can giv a proper wrap

yeah, very disappointing week. didnt make enuf on thursday, i think if we had of got 200 we would have won. couple of dropped catches early didnt help either.

hodgy was very impressive, aswell as becker. Very bright future whateve they decide to do

Babies Arm;327710 said:
yeah, very disappointing week. didnt make enuf on thursday, i think if we had of got 200 we would have won. couple of dropped catches early didnt help either.

hodgy was very impressive, aswell as becker. Very bright future whateve they decide to do

Riches also; bowled well every chance he got.

ok, a 37 man "premier picks" squad was selected for this season's Country Week squad. Is there any omissions or inclusions which have shocked people ??

GCA country week squad: Brad Hauenstein, Damien Koliba, Damien Hester, Geoff Young, Clinton Ford, Mark Freijah, Ben O'Brien, Sam Hall, Brad Scown, Marco Sticca, Andrew Fergusson, Alex Cairns, Simon Anderson, Travis Faulkhead, Nathan Yates, Chris Bambury, Daniel Fanning, Sam Farnsworth, David Morgan, Glen Talarico, Adam Pitts, Adam Marsland, Scott Lindsay, Nick Peterson, Barry Tsitas, Gareth Yelland, Mick Kelson, Graeme Harper, Shaun Hooley, Andrew Baars, Ben Neville, Steve Illingworth, Justin Miller, Dean Riches, Sean O'Neill, Lucas Benci, Shaun Campbell.

Back