Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bell Post Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

right arm medium;348042 said:
Most clubs with their finger on the pulse would score pretty much the same in the remaining 60%.

You would think so, but I'm not sure they do - probably more so in GCA2 and GCA3, not so much GCA1. I suspect this will be borne out in GCA2 with Corio far more likely to be relegated than Marshall, who received less club championship points (admittedly not by much).

You'd assume the GCA would give promoted/relegated clubs the heads-up before any public announcement (probably at the GCA clubs' meeting next week), so is anyone owning up to knowing yet? Then again, if this was the GCA's intention, they might leave it until just beforehand, as no doubt the word would be on the streets in no time.

Very interested to see what they decide with GCA2/GCA3. Can't imagine Teesdale or Modewarre would be interested and can't imagine the GCA wanting Guild Saints back after just one year out. Might be very good timing for St Albans Breakwater perhaps?

Word on the street is as follows:

Newcomb to Division 2, the promoted team will either be Thomson or Manifold, the GCA was waiting for any appeals to asessment which closed yesterday. Both Thomson and Manifold have appealed aspects of their points allotment. In the area of 1-2 points each I am led to believe.

Corio to Division 3, Guild St Marys back to Division 2.

St Albans Breakwater if they choose to join the GCA will start in Division 3.

The delay on announcement of promoted team from Division 2 looks as though it hinges on the outcomes of the points appeal, so going by that it would be extremely close between Manifold and Thomson.

thommy_rissole;348148 said:
Word on the street is as follows:

Newcomb to Division 2, the promoted team will either be Thomson or Manifold, the GCA was waiting for any appeals to asessment which closed yesterday. Both Thomson and Manifold have appealed aspects of their points allotment. In the area of 1-2 points each I am led to believe.

Corio to Division 3, Guild St Marys back to Division 2.

St Albans Breakwater if they choose to join the GCA will start in Division 3.

The delay on announcement of promoted team from Division 2 looks as though it hinges on the outcomes of the points appeal, so going by that it would be extremely close between Manifold and Thomson.

Word on the street Rissole. NDCC down MHCC up. Relible source???
On the hunt for the Red October . . . . :eek:

Jurassic Park;348508 said:

Confirmed from many a reliable source. Pretty disapointing but glad we now know where we are at recruiting wise.

Glad you worked out your password JP ;)

how about this for an idea... at the start of the season st.albans play a scratch match vs the div 2 premier from the prior season to prove they will cut the mustard in the forthcoming season... it would be very good viewing!! epecially if the saints had a full line up

duffman...oh yeah;348525 said:
how about this for an idea... at the start of the season st.albans play a scratch match vs the div 2 premier from the prior season to prove they will cut the mustard in the forthcoming season... it would be very good viewing!! epecially if the saints had a full line up

Hmmmm, does anybody remember a bloke called Sharkbite??????
Surely there isn't two of them!!!!!

St.albans is currently no better than anybody else in divi 3. If they are as good as they think they are, they will surely go through the promotion system like everybody else does and they MAY make divi 1 in 3 to 4 years.

Jurassic Park;348508 said:

Bad luck Rissole, I wanted to play against you this year...maybe i can play with you instead? Where are you playing J.P?

fineleg2fineleg;348539 said:

St.albans is currently no better than anybody else in divi 3. If they are as good as they think they are, they will surely go through the promotion system like everybody else does and they MAY make divi 1 in 3 to 4 years.

what a tool head you are, or you're joking. st albans would smash every div 3 side by a fair bit id say. most BPCA sides would beat all div 3, not all of them but most.

crktluva;348586 said:
what a tool head you are, or you're joking. st albans would smash every div 3 side by a fair bit id say. most BPCA sides would beat all div 3, not all of them but most.

i say that because are they are going to get them to start in Div 3 arnt they? It would be a real eye opener for the div 2 sides

ants14;348550 said:
Bad luck Rissole, I wanted to play against you this year...maybe i can play with you instead? Where are you playing J.P?

in bed !!!! hmmm yerrr ur a bit like that arent ya tone

fineleg2fineleg;348539 said:

It's got nothing to do with us thinking we're good, that's not even the issue.

It's more the fact that 2 years and countless hours by club volunteers and over $100,000 has been put into a turf wicket going in and having our facilities upgraded, we're finally getting there and now were in no better position than before we started.

I'm all for promotion/relegation but name one other club in Geelong or anywhere that had a turf wicket and had to prove itself in a hard wicket comp before they'd be looked at?

I mean if it wasn't for the SLCA collapse a couple of years ago we wouldn't have to prove ourselves on hard wicket first, it just seems a little silly to me, but I'm bias a guess.

GCA 1 & 2 to me should be all turf and GDCA or Div3 was always hard wicket.

I can also guarantee that we won't be under estimating the standard of div3, we all just really wanted to play in a turf comp week in week out and hold on to all our juniors that were getting poached by nearby clubs that couldn't produce they're own talent, that was the whole point of the change.

duffman...oh yeah;348604 said:
i say that because are they are going to get them to start in Div 3 arnt they? It would be a real eye opener for the div 2 sides

ive said it b4, and ill say it again. the best 24 TURF!! clubs should be in GCA div 1 and 2, div 3 made up of the other turf and hard wicket clubs. any other format is a ridiculous joke and those who think otherwise are also a joke. but that unfortunately is not in the hands of the GCA clubs, its left to which ever group of muppets are the GCA executive at the time. St albans/breakwater clearly fall into that top 24 bracket. who cares if they are new, they are turf and in the top 24, they should play GCA 2. if geelong all of a sudden throw in the towel in VCA, would the GCA make them play div 3. i think not, so why should St albans/breakwater if they are better than all teams in div 3 and half of the teams in div 2.

if geelong "threw in the towel" which you know would never happen they would go back to sub district cricket like they did prioir to 1993! or cease to exist... they wouldnt even contemplate the drop into GCA, its a hell of alot different if you drop back rather than come up!

crktluva;348586 said:

Mate, all I am saying is st.albans have to go through the same process everybody else has in the past. So, just deal with it, win the bloody premiership, get put up to divi 2 in 2010/11, be successful again and be promoted to divi 1. Just because st.albans has gone out and purchased every second fast bolwer in the comp doesn't mean they should get any favours from the GCA. Even though they will more than likely bowl every team out for ************ all, you still have to make the runs. I dont play divi 3 but I am sure there are other teams in that div that are dead serious about playing div 2 as well. It just wouldnt be fair on them if st.albans got the go ahead in front of everybody else. if everybody in div 3 agreed that st.albans should go up and the gca take that on board, then it is a different story.

I tend to agree that st.albans will win most games and they should win the flag, BUT there are other teams that need to be thought about as well. Just suck it up and prove to the gca that you should be playing in a higher div. talk is cheap, it is what happens on the field that matters!

fineleg2fineleg;348791 said:
Mate, all I am saying is st.albans have to go through the same process everybody else has in the past. So, just deal with it, win the bloody premiership, get put up to divi 2 in 2010/11, be successful again and be promoted to divi 1. Just because st.albans has gone out and purchased every second fast bolwer in the comp doesn't mean they should get any favours from the GCA. Even though they will more than likely bowl every team out for ************ all, you still have to make the runs. I dont play divi 3 but I am sure there are other teams in that div that are dead serious about playing div 2 as well. It just wouldnt be fair on them if st.albans got the go ahead in front of everybody else. if everybody in div 3 agreed that st.albans should go up and the gca take that on board, then it is a different story.

I tend to agree that st.albans will win most games and they should win the flag, BUT there are other teams that need to be thought about as well. Just suck it up and prove to the gca that you should be playing in a higher div. talk is cheap, it is what happens on the field that matters!

talk is cheap.... try giving ur captain a bit of support by making a few runs yourself instead of leaving it up to him every week.

Re: Div 1 Relegation???

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349230 said:
When is the GCA meeting to confirm what we already know? Is it tomorrow night?

Tomorrow Night, answer will be official. Cat is out of the bag. GCA hav bull crapped there way through this one aswell. Manifold up i heard is a squarer for them getting dropped that last time. Funny how it works, until there is a clean out of the GCA Management it will never change. Geelong City, Newtown would never have been dropped and unfortunatley there is nothing you can do about it. Unless there is a break away competion. SBW president of the Breakaway competition. . . ha ha ha ha:D

thommy_rissole;348517 said:
Confirmed from many a reliable source. Pretty disapointing but glad we now know where we are at recruiting wise.

Glad you worked out your password JP ;)

Only took me a week a few brown lemonades to remember, Funny didn't remember it till about 3am in the morning watchin EPL. . . . was quite funny :D

Back