DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Good to see not much has changed on here.......very amusing. Spoke to Ellksy about all the comments being posted about him on big cricket about being too old etc etc and he just had one request - if people are going to talk about him just get the spelling of his last name right. Its "Ellks" with Two "L"s.
And yes Ellksy is getting too old for A-grade cricket and it's probably time he thought of umpiring in the DVCA instead of playing.

What grade do you play in again 100% Bull? I definately think that's the grade Ellksy may want to start his umpiring career in. :D

Please send Ellksy my apologies, as for umpiring, don't think he'll get to umpire the bull straight away. As far as i'm aware Nick still has reasonable eyesight, good hearing and a thorough knowledge of the game. He'll have to do his time in "H" grade....

I'm on the Ellksy band wagon, dont write him off yet, Ellksy is doing just fine, hasn't had the greatest of years but come finals is when someone of his calibar and 200 A grade games experience is more than capable of producing the goods. Perhaps when RS needs him most. If he gets a match winning 50 or a 100 in a final all of a sudden its been a great year for him and all the previous performeances will and are meaningless
And dont bother with mentioning that RS might not play in them we are aware of the possibibility that may happen. Lets wait and see how the results go first.

I'm on the Ellksy band wagon, dont write him off yet, Ellksy is doing just fine, hasn't had the greatest of years but come finals is when someone of his calibar and 200 A grade games experience is more than capable of producing the goods. Perhaps when RS needs him most. If he gets a match winning 50 or a 100 in a final all of a sudden its been a great year for him and all the previous performeances will and are meaningless
And dont bother with mentioning that RS might not play in them we are aware of the possibibility that may happen. Lets wait and see how the results go first.

The man is a great asset in the field too just quietly
good throwing arm, great set of hands. agile for a bloke his age (no offense to the man)
Bats still to come, LE slow- non to threatening attack.
wouldnt count yous out just yet either strangler

Good to see not much has changed on here.......very amusing. Spoke to Ellksy about all the comments being posted about him on big cricket about being too old etc etc and he just had one request - if people are going to talk about him just get the spelling of his last name right. Its "Ellks" with Two "L"s.
And yes Ellksy is getting too old for A-grade cricket and it's probably time he thought of umpiring in the DVCA instead of playing.
What grade do you play in again 100% Bull? I definately think that's the grade Ellksy may want to start his umpiring career in. :D

Its interesting you refer to eLLksy in the third person Isotopes as I've always assumed that you are in fact eLLksy, I think I'm on the money there.

Unless eLLksy is taking up umpiring this week he will be to late, unless we play finals (outside chance) this will be it for me until 100% BULL JNR takes the field in ten years...
wink.png

Its interesting you refer to eLLksy in the third person Isotopes as I've always assumed that you are in fact eLLksy, I think I'm on the money there.

Unless eLLksy is taking up umpiring this week he will be to late, unless we play finals (outside chance) this will be it for me until 100% BULL JNR takes the field in ten years...;)

You have offspring Vaughny! God help us all......
eek.png

Unless eLLksy is taking up umpiring this week he will be to late, unless we play finals (outside chance) this will be it for me until 100% BULL JNR takes the field in ten years...
wink.png
Oh no surely your not hanging up the pads just yet bull???

I'm am genuinely disipointed to hear this. There are way to many nice people in the DVCA today which makes it very tough to get stuck right into. What a shame the whole cricket community didn't have once last chance to give you the send off you deserved

Oh no surely your not hanging up the pads just yet bull???

I'm am genuinely disipointed to hear this. There are way to many nice people in the DVCA today which makes it very tough to get stuck right into. What a shame the whole cricket community didn't have once last chance to give you the send off you deserved

Thanks PA, I think. I've actually pulled the pin once before, stuck it up Riverside on the way out, fondest memory behind the flags, this break will be a fait bit longer I suspect, I've come up against a better sledger and she has put her foot down. Hopefully you'll still be at Yulong when I get back on saturday (u were last week but I missed u), probably time I bought you a beer.

Can you just clarify something for me? Does RS stand for Riverside, or RiversideStrangler?

Are you that good that you refer to yourself in the third person now? Is this a new side to you strangler?

Can you just clarify something for me? Does RS stand for Riverside, or RiversideStrangler?

Are you that good that you refer to yourself in the third person now? Is this a new side to you strangler?
Ah tongs, as i am definatley out for the season (which has already been covered) if you read through the post im sure you can and have already worked it out for yourself. :rolleyes:

However that is not a bad idea, reminds me of a good episope of seinfeld. "Jimmy's Down" "Jimmy's gonna get you kramar"

yes great effort to come up and make the four in first year.
Only now though comes a true test of Camrea's character as a club and endeared member of the DVCA, is whether or not they roll over this week to let Research sneak in and help see Riverside fall out of the 4 :p

GOOD WORK
tongue.png

Pretty sure it does actually. A grade flags are obviously the most important, but they aren't all that counts.

Well, it must be an internal thing along the River.
All clubs looking in know that RS are a strong club with depth and big numbers, but ultimate (1st XI) success is all that matters at the end of the season from the outisde, internally, you have had a good season (so far - can still be great) but from outside, it will be seen as a failure.
And having a shot at 6 of 6 senior sides in the finals, with only having to make 124, must be bitterly disappointing, no matter how well the rest of the club has gone.

I am so overjoyed by the Riverside vs LE result on the weekend that I am lost for words. To my good mates Riversider, MBB and Strangler thank you for setting yourselves up for such an huge fall this season, it couldn't have been scripted better.

At least the 'A' grade clappers wont have to rush away from Sunday morning mass this weekend.
biggrin.png

Chokers indeed!!!

I am so overjoyed by the Riverside vs LE result on the weekend that I am lost for words. To my good mates Riversider, MBB and Strangler thank you for setting yourselves up for such an huge fall this season, it couldn't have been scripted better.

At least the 'A' grade clappers wont have to rush away from Sunday morning mass this weekend.:D

Chokers indeed!!!

Only 1 win from 5 starts after the Christmas break. (yes that was against us
mad.png
)

Back