DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Don't worry about me 100% bone head im playing finals !

Unlike your 'A' grade side
smile.png
. Keep gobbing off, it will make it even sweeter when the rest of your club is eliminated this weekend.

Getting off the topic of Riverside and Bundoora, which this forum seems to have denigrated itself to, for just a moment if we could;

I'd like to highlight potentially the most pitiful performance of the weekend, being Epping.

What a disgrace. In hearing that there was goin to be lots of retirees, surely they should have had a bit more pride in their performance than to roll over the way they did. Now i know that apart from the Hursts and Angelucci, they r made up mainly of a bunch of flogs and washed up has beens, but even that shouldnt have led to the rotten display that we saw at Coventry on the last two saturdays.

Have a good hard look at yourselves, because with the Hurst boys finished, Claudio gone, Topham being 107 years old and R.Fletcher barely being able to move (add Serena Williams in that too- though doesnt ever really affect the outcome of any match)- i'm tipping a swift kick in the ass down to Money Shield sometime very soon.

Pathetic.

Getting off the topic of Riverside and Bundoora, which this forum seems to have denigrated itself to, for just a moment if we could;

I'd like to highlight potentially the most pitiful performance of the weekend, being Epping.

What a disgrace. In hearing that there was goin to be lots of retirees, surely they should have had a bit more pride in their performance than to roll over the way they did. Now i know that apart from the Hursts and Angelucci, they r made up mainly of a bunch of flogs and washed up has beens, but even that shouldnt have led to the rotten display that we saw at Coventry on the last two saturdays.

Have a good hard look at yourselves, because with the Hurst boys finished, Claudio gone, Topham being 107 years old and R.Fletcher barely being able to move (add Serena Williams in that too- though doesnt ever really affect the outcome of any match)- i'm tipping a swift kick in the ass down to Money Shield sometime very soon.

Pathetic.

No surprise to me, never rated them as a club.

Pathetic.

Excellent post 5fa - what a disgraceful performance noting that the rumoured retirements are all absolute champions of our competition. A really good bunch of blokes, particularly Fletch, the Hurst boys, Claudio at times - they are in all sorts and to be honest those guys have far too much class to leave the Club in the current position, they'll play again next year is my tip!! As for Serena Williams (aka old 2-bums) I have never heard of such a hated player yet to reach 20 Barclay games, he'd be better doing some squats than spraying blokes.

Anyway - on to the semi finals, here we go:

Plenty v Diamond Creek

A huge surprise for Diamond Creek to sneak in at the expense of Riverside (Would Walker have made the difference in Round 11???) Plenty have been solid all year but not their usual dominant selves, I think this will be tight.

Plenty will still rely on Love and Pavey to make most of their runs and this could be an issue, Curtain is capable of dominating games as is Connelly but otherwise the batting is thin. Bowling wise we all know that they excel, but Rosbrook hasn’t fired all year and I can see Diamo taking much confidence from their win a few weeks back.

TIP: A Huge upset, Creek to make the GF

Lower Eltham v Camrea

Another intriguing clash between two teams that seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, being that Lower have almost the best batting line-up around coming up against comfortably the quickest and best bowler in Barclay Shield.

Put simply – if Lower can keep out McGann for most of their innings they will win, if he gets 4 or 5 Camrea will be right in it.

Overall Lower’s depth should get them over the line, players like Whitcher, Curtis, J.Still, Tucker are due and their bowling is honest enough to contain Camrea, unless Berak gets going.

TIP: Lower Eltham to make too many runs.

Plenty v Diamond Creek

A huge surprise for Diamond Creek to sneak in at the expense of Riverside (Would Walker have made the difference in Round 11???) Plenty have been solid all year but not their usual dominant selves, I think this will be tight.

Plenty will still rely on Love and Pavey to make most of their runs and this could be an issue, Curtain is capable of dominating games as is Connelly but otherwise the batting is thin. Bowling wise we all know that they excel, but Rosbrook hasn’t fired all year and I can see Diamo taking much confidence from their win a few weeks back.

TIP: A Huge upset, Creek to make the GF

Lower Eltham v Camrea

Another intriguing clash between two teams that seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum, being that Lower have almost the best batting line-up around coming up against comfortably the quickest and best bowler in Barclay Shield.

Put simply – if Lower can keep out McGann for most of their innings they will win, if he gets 4 or 5 Camrea will be right in it.

Overall Lower’s depth should get them over the line, players like Whitcher, Curtis, J.Still, Tucker are due and their bowling is honest enough to contain Camrea, unless Berak gets going.

TIP: Lower Eltham to make too many runs.
Plenty vs Diamond Creek -I think absolute gem has pretty much summed it all up perfectly. Our batting has struggled all season and our bowling is nowhere near the dominating attack we have had over the last decade. The young Diamo side will definitely be feeling confident after their upset victory in round 10. Just hope the weather doesn't play a part because this could be a ripper!

Lowers batting didn't look all that special to me particlarly the fact that we bowled them all out for 120 and then had them 6/40 after 12 overs in the second dig.

As for if my inclussion for round 11 would have made a difference. It may have however, Jim who came in for me took 4 wickets, i feel that i could have had a similar effect with the ball. So then i must say it would come down to my batting. I am capable of making a big score quickly, however having not done it so far this season and i am sure everone would agree that my batting wouldn't have had much affect on our score. I would have liked to have a crack at them but it was not to be.

Good luck to all the Teams in the Finals. Im tipping Camrea vs Plenty GF. With Camrea to have an upset win vs. Plenty

Lowers batting didn't look all that special to me particlarly the fact that we bowled them all out for 120 and then had them 6/40 after 12 overs in the second dig.

As for if my inclussion for round 11 would have made a difference. It may have however, Jim who came in for me took 4 wickets, i feel that i could have had a similar effect with the ball. So then i must say it would come down to my batting. I am capable of making a big score quickly, however having not done it so far this season and i am sure everone would agree that my batting wouldn't have had much affect on our score. I would have liked to have a crack at them but it was not to be.

Good luck to all the Teams in the Finals. Im tipping Camrea vs Plenty GF. With Camrea to have an upset win vs. Plenty

Are you kidding Strangler?? There are 6 I's in that post, with 4 my's - have you ever been told that cricket is a team game, not a one man sport, you are clearly overrating even your ability with the ball, having only taken 7 wickets with the ball and a strike rate of 54, it would have taken you 36 overs to get 4 wickets, surely there was not that much time.
And please with an average of 5.3 with the bat, the 'capable of making a big score quickly' is miles of the mark, although one snick through slips second ball would be your average, so I guess you are right.

With attitudes like yours, the coaching role at the Side must be joyous, with so many me's and I's in the team.

You need to appoint a PR & Communications Manager over the winter Strangler, you aren't doing yourself any favours.:eek:

I dont care who wins, just as long as Camrea gets beat this weekend.:)

Are you kidding Strangler?? There are 6 I's in that post, with 4 my's - have you ever been told that cricket is a team game, not a one man sport, you are clearly overrating even your ability with the ball, having only taken 7 wickets with the ball and a strike rate of 54, it would have taken you 36 overs to get 4 wickets, surely there was not that much time.
And please with an average of 5.3 with the bat, the 'capable of making a big score quickly' is miles of the mark, although one snick through slips second ball would be your average, so I guess you are right.

With attitudes like yours, the coaching role at the Side must be joyous, with so many me's and I's in the team.

I was replying to absoluteglam's question wheather i would have made a difference, and i think if you read my post you can see my answer. Oh no have i said to many my's and I's in the post? Go ******** yourself

I was replying to absoluteglam's question wheather i would have made a difference, and i think if you read my post you can see my answer. Oh no have i said to many my's and I's in the post? Go ******** yourself

I don't want to put words in to absoluteglam's mouth but....

I'm tipping his question was one of serious sarcasm! Playing on the fact that you love yourself, rate your own ability far higher than anyone else on here or in/around the DVCA at the moment and were almost guaranteed to think that someone actually gave a stuff whether or not you play, have played or will ever play again. All you're good for is a laugh on here champ.

You're a tool.

Finals time and it's good to see a new mix of teams making both the Barclay and Money Shields semi finals. The interrupted season has certainly brought some interesting results, so let's hope that the weather over the weekend allows all teams to perform up to their best.

In Barclay Shield, premiership favourites Plenty will be trying to reverse the recent result against Diamond Creek who swept into the finals with a great Round 11 outright. This should be a close game with Plenty looking to Rosbrook to come good at the right time to help dismiss the solid Creek batting lineup. plenty have been good all season and should advance to another grand final. In the other semi, both sides have strong batting an bowling outfits, with the Taipans McGann looking to be the difference if he can crash thru Sill and co. In an upset Camrea to keep the fairytale going.

DVCA. Barclay Shield. Semi Finals. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Plenty vs. Diamond Creek
Rd.10 Diamond Creek 150 (Hansen 59, Salvatore 4/45) def Plenty 125 (Love 33, Pavey 33, Freeman 3/18)

Lower Eltham vs. Camrea Taipans
Rd.01 Camrea Taipans 3/183 (Berak 81, Curtis 1/36) def Lower Eltham 7/182 cc (Poyser 90, McGann 2/20)

WOW

Same effect. so you can assure us that you. would have taken 4/...
dunno what you've injured pal but it seems to be the muscle that joins your brain to your head.
you're contribution with the bat... you average 5 mate dont get to far ahead of yourself

Good to see you have your support behind your replacement, or maybe fance LE batting better in a blind fold...
seemed to be to many for your mob to chase
Good to see Creek giving it a red hot crack too. they win this they are a massive chance for a flag

Good to hear from you NM boy.
Things have not changed much since I last heard from you.
You still hate Camrea and Camrea keep winning flags.
p.s. Thanks

haha flags!! not this year

better hit up some of your sponsors for more cash because you cant produce your own and your team is VERY old

Back