Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

Don't assume I'm going to blame the umpires?
Camrea out-played us, we batted shit.

The comps looking very tight so far this season, has anyone got any early predictions for premiers?

My prediction at the start of the season when asked on the radio show was Bundoora. I`ll stick with it!

My prediction at the start of the season when asked on the radio show was Bundoora. I`ll stick with it!

Like your thinking Brutal :)
Off to a good start but a long long way to go yet. Injuries/unavailabilities could hold the key ...

I did expect more from you. Not sure why you keep hating a certain few. Duckworth is only 21-22yo and probably the best player in the team on his day, second only to Jack Young from a constancy perspective. Duckworth has stepped aside from keeping at this stage for a younger guy from the two's to get some experience. Jordan is a solid all-rounder and has to earn his spot in the team every week. He made 50 odd in two Round 1 and was picked for the game against the champion team of Plenty calling on his experience as a Club Champion. Jordy will have to keep earning that spot each week going forwards.

Our new, unpaid, opener Crooks batted from start to finish on the back of a 50 odd in Round 1. Aussie Mann, unpaid, cant bat and veteran of 20 years at NEW, put on 40n.o. himself. The club has a modest incentive scheme as does every other club in the DVCA.

We have a few kids making runs in the two's and they will force out underperforming 'old heads'. Kelsey has set a consistent and simple theme throughout the pre-season and is sticking to his word as far as selection goes thus far. Not sure what more you can ask at this stage. The victory against Plenty was an extention of the goals we set in August as a club.
Is it a coincidence that NEW are a little bit more competitive now that the troublemakers in Duckworth and Groves aren't in the side and that Collicoat is nothing more than someone that signs the team sheet. Or is it the fact that they beat a side that will be playing Money Shield next season and it is just a mask for all the problems that are at the club.

Good to see some cricket played finally, looks a very even season in Barclay, top 4 is wide open at the almost half way mark!

even had a tie on the weekend, must have been a fair game

I know the Research ECCC boys were quite happy after a 5 pull outs from 1's and 2's and both getting up against Diamo:)

Good to see some cricket played finally, looks a very even season in Barclay, top 4 is wide open at the almost half way mark!

even had a tie on the weekend, must have been a fair game
I wasn't at the game and haven't heard back from the players, but rumour has it that Riverside lost their last 4 or 5 wickets for 5 runs to tie the game. Perhaps the strangler can clarify.

I wasn't at the game and haven't heard back from the players, but rumour has it that Riverside lost their last 4 or 5 wickets for 5 runs to tie the game. Perhaps the strangler can clarify.

Looks like they lost 4 for 5, inlcuding the last 3 being run out.....sounds like deer in the headlights.

Some great bowling by the RECCC boys on Saturday to get 8/38 and dismiss Plenty for 120! Adam Dale 11 overs with 4/10 for the day was sensational, also instructed the other bowlers on what areas they had to bowl to build pressure. Great result!

Some great bowling by the RECCC boys on Saturday to get 8/38 and dismiss Plenty for 120! Adam Dale 11 overs with 4/10 for the day was sensational, also instructed the other bowlers on what areas they had to bowl to build pressure. Great result!

let me guess, outside off, its not rocket science. no need to show your affection for him on here

Happen to see the new Bulls cockroach speaking to old Santa yesterday, must of been wishing for some of his so called batsman to stand up and be counted in the second half of the season :mad:

Looks like they lost 4 for 5, inlcuding the last 3 being run out.....sounds like deer in the headlights.

:oops:

BCC FOW from the weekend: 124(A Fairchild) 126(JM Daniel) 129(J Kaminski) 129(KD Premakumara)

Chasing 147 and after being 2/68.........deer in headlights indeed.....

:)

let me guess, outside off, its not rocket science. no need to show your affection for him on here

No it's not Rocket Science, but there was a little bit more to it! And lets face it, bowlers are not the sharpest tools in the shed at the best of times. So perhaps coming from A.C Dale, there was more of a preparedness to listen and sustain for a longer period of time;)

:oops:

BCC FOW from the weekend: 124(A Fairchild) 126(JM Daniel)129(J Kaminski) 129(KD Premakumara)

Chasing 147 and after being 2/68.........deer in headlights indeed.....

:)

Yeah plenty of improving still to do, but the way I look at it is that we are on top, one loss and have barely got out of first gear. watch out for us once we get it all firing.

Wanderers had a kid bowling for them on Saturday ( A Curl ) wouldn't have been a day older than 18. His figures were 1/24 off 8 .He went alright for a young fella.
Kelsey was his usual solid self with a lazy 36. Unfortunately didn't have too many friends, but they have improved since the last time we played them.

Any one from Stars provide insight to how bad the ground is? Can it be fixed for the year?
Great that they had a spare ground so close for you to be able to move it, but wondering why a decision was not made a little earlier than 1h prior to match starting.

Any one from Stars provide insight to how bad the ground is? Can it be fixed for the year?
Great that they had a spare ground so close for you to be able to move it, but wondering why a decision was not made a little earlier than 1h prior to match starting.

what has happened is crows are digging up the ground looking for bugs and worms and stuff, on our thursday training it wasnt as bad so we didnt think we would have a problem with moving but by saturday it had gotten worse so had to move.

Dont know on if we are going to be able to play on it for the rest of the season its pretty bad and getting worse the crows keep picking at it whenver noone is on the ground, contacting the council to see what we can do

what has happened is crows are digging up the ground looking for bugs and worms and stuff, on our thursday training it wasnt as bad so we didnt think we would have a problem with moving but by saturday it had gotten worse so had to move.

Dont know on if we are going to be able to play on it for the rest of the season its pretty bad and getting worse the crows keep picking at it whenver noone is on the ground, contacting the council to see what we can do

Shit thing to happen to a Club, no one likes their main ground not being used.

Time to get the shotty out and peg a few of those crows.

Shit thing to happen to a Club, no one likes their main ground not being used.

Time to get the shotty out and peg a few of those crows.

yep stone the crows

interesting finishes coming up this week, can research and bundoora chase down 200 to hold the top 2 spots.

i heard the 12 non players at the riverside v plenty match, had to be woken to be told to go home at 6pm after 41 of the 80 overs bowled on saturday were maidens.

yep stone the crows

interesting finishes coming up this week, can research and bundoora chase down 200 to hold the top 2 spots.

i heard the 12 non players at the riverside v plenty match, had to be woken to be told to go home at 6pm after 41 of the 80 overs bowled on saturday were maidens.

any truth in the rumor that there was more than just the red cricket ball thrown around at the epping v mernda game? word is that the 2 coin tossers decided to go that extra yard for there teams behind the clubrooms at tea time? i wonder who came off second best?????

Back