Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

Neither scorer agreed. We were instructed by the umpires to get an audit to resolve the issue. Nobody did anything wrong except stuff the books. Just one big balls up and unfortunately either side is going to have to deal with some unfortunate disappointment once it is resolved by the dvca

add the rest of the quote in ......... "Yes from what I can gather" and the argument just got a lot weaker!

Oh yes, correct, it's third-hand.
But it's the umpires' job under the Laws to satisfy themselves as to the correctness of the scores, and under the Rules to take both books to the Administrator if there's a dispute.

Also tongs ive only gathered info from what I've heard. I was busy sulking in the change room after believing we had tied the match.

From what I understand..

GCC last wicket fell on 226.
Umpires did add the books up, they were all different. Batting and Bowling added up differently in one book and differently in the other (In other words, 4 different totals when added up).
Umpires went by the running total on the side of the scorebook. This is what they had been playing to and updating the scoreboard to throughout the day. Both running totals were the same throughout the day and had GCC finish on 226 when all out.
Umpires agreed to sign off on a tie. Administrator came and took the books for auditing.

At what stage did they realise the books all didn't add up? When the umpires counted or before that?

From what I understand..

Umpires did add the books up, they were all different. Batting and Bowling added up differently in one book and differently in the other (In other words, 4 different totals when added up).
Umpires went by the running total on the side of the scorebook. This is what they had been playing to and updating the scoreboard to throughout the day. Both running totals were the same throughout the day and had GCC finish on 226 when all out.
Umpires agreed to sign off on a tie. Administrator came and took the books for auditing.

From what I understand..

The DVCA scorebooks are crap.

Need a column for running total that includes that bowler who just bowled.

Wake up and get into the 21st Century.

The DVCA scorebooks are crap.

Need a column for running total that includes that bowler who just bowled.

Wake up and get into the 21st Century.

Pull your head in. There in NO SUCH THING as a DVCA scorebook. The DVCA offers clubs the chance to purchase books through the DVCA (I believe cheaper than most could purchase them for) or they can subsequently go and get their own books, or create their own, like some clubs have.

Stop trying to bash the DVCA, as it is 100% the clubs who choose what books they use.

Pull your head in. There in NO SUCH THING as a DVCA scorebook. The DVCA offers clubs the chance to purchase books through the DVCA (I believe cheaper than most could purchase them for) or they can subsequently go and get their own books, or create their own, like some clubs have.

Stop trying to bash the DVCA, as it is 100% the clubs who choose what books they use.

Sure you can buy what ever you like as long as it is approved by DVCA.

Try Kookaburra versus Platypus cricket balls in 2013/2014.

If its badged DVCA, Im assuming they want you to use it.
It fails as a scorebook, because you cant work out who bowled what over when, a simple extra column in the cumulative score column will overcome this and would have easily resolved the Riverside Greensborough issue.
which over.

It fails as a scorebook, because you cant work out who bowled what over when, a simple extra column in the cumulative score column will overcome this and would have easily resolved the Riverside Greensborough issue.
which over.

From the web site

new Position Advertised -

which over.

What are you on about? Clubs can choose what books they use, as I said, some clubs have actually designed there own (and they look great) Those points completely stuffed your argument, so you now turn to the ball debate??? You're being a clown.

If you think the books that your club uses, fails, go and tell your secretary/president/committee that they failed. Not the DVCA.

What are you on about? Clubs can choose what books they use, as I said, some clubs have actually designed there own (and they look great) Those points completely stuffed your argument, so you now turn to the ball debate??? You're being a clown.

If you think the books that your club uses, fails, go and tell your secretary/president/committee that they failed. Not the DVCA.
Tongs,

I know I'm a newby and a little ignorant, but what you are telling me is that the DVCA puts out an official scorebook, every team can ignore this, a design/use their own.

Why shouldn't we tell the DVCA, there the one's who can make the change to the officially sanctioned scorebook.

Why the change to the Platypus? Were the clubs asked to put some input into these ball, what about those clubs who may have stocks of Kooka's?

Tongs,

I know I'm a newby and a little ignorant, but what you are telling me is that the DVCA puts out an official scorebook, every team can ignore this, a design/use their own.

Why shouldn't we tell the DVCA, there the one's who can make the change to the officially sanctioned scorebook.

Why the change to the Platypus? Were the clubs asked to put some input into these ball, what about those clubs who may have stocks of Kooka's?

What part do you not understand? Let me make it very simple for you:

1) There is NO OFFICIAL SCOREBOOK for the DVCA.
2) The DVCA do offer clubs the ability to purchase through them. Probably at a discounted rate for bulk ordering.
3) Clubs can CHOOSE to go through the DVCA or go it alone.

Again, debate one thing at a time.

Tongs,

Clubs have been told they can exhaust their stocks of kooka's next season, but must buy the puss's when they need more stock.

What part do you not understand? Let me make it very simple for you:

1) There is NO OFFICIAL SCOREBOOK for the DVCA.
2) The DVCA do offer clubs the ability to purchase through them. Probably at a discounted rate for bulk ordering.
3) Clubs can CHOOSE to go through the DVCA or go it alone.

Again, debate one thing at a time.

Thanks for the clarification.

Can I ask another question.

There has been mention of grounds being rated, and those ratings had some (not all) say in finals venues. Are the rankings available somewhere?

Thanks for the clarification.

Can I ask another question.

There has been mention of grounds being rated, and those ratings had some (not all) say in finals venues. Are the rankings available somewhere?

I am lead to believe that clubs were told were they were rated only, and the ratings are used for finals venue. ie rating 1 gets the best game. Rating 2 gets the 2nd best game.

I am lead to believe that clubs were told were they were rated only, and the ratings are used for finals venue. ie rating 1 gets the best game. Rating 2 gets the 2nd best game.

You would have to imagine location had a big weighting as Hurstbridge was by far the best ground we played on this year. I've heard that a appeal hearing is being held tonight for the result of the C Grade game, can anyone confirm this?

Back