Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Pepper, did bergers make more then 80 runs a game last year????
Steve's been a good player over the years, but I think they have had 3 or 4 better than him.

sure, bubbles, Noones and cash just to name a few.
mate if they wanted him so badly why didn't they keep him??
I can tell you now, bergers got a lot more money to spend then Rosebank!
They need more players then Rosebank, so why didn't they keep him??
more to this story then meets the eye!

sure, bubbles, Noones and cash just to name a few.
mate if they wanted him so badly why didn't they keep him??
I can tell you now, bergers got a lot more money to spend then Rosebank!
They need more players then Rosebank, so why didn't they keep him??
more to this story then meets the eye!
good point you raise in that you would have thought they would have moved heaven & earth to keep a guy with his history at the club especially in such an important time

Thanks for seeing my part of the story pepper, I just can't
work out why they let him go. money is not a problem for bergers, i don't think he would of asked for
much, I think personalitys have played a big role! berger leadership won't talk about it. whatever they paid the import,
I'm sure would cover two or three good players?? funny thing is looks like nobody of note wants to play there.
junior program will come up next, we'll see how good theirs and Bayules will be when the heats turned up on them.

7 clubs with 11 days at home, 7 with 9 days at home........surely clubs that only have 3x2dayers at home, should get 4x1 dayers at home, then all 14 clus have 10 out of 20 at there home grounds........or is that too fair???

7 clubs with 11 days at home, 7 with 9 days at home........surely clubs that only have 3x2dayers at home, should get 4x1 dayers at home, then all 14 clus have 10 out of 20 at there home grounds........or is that too fair???

What did the Fixtures Manager say when your club asked him the reason for this situation?

A little bird told me that Boro are coughing up 20k on 3 imports from Sri Lanka. Could they change their name to Boro Taipans?
I'd call it good list management. If you think 20k for 3 players is a lot you need to hop on your horse and buggy and get out of the valley and see whats happening in the rest of the world. You may as well add Taipans to every clubs name if that is how your theory works.

I'd call it good list management. If you think 20k for 3 players is a lot you need to hop on your horse and buggy and get out of the valley and see whats happening in the rest of the world. You may as well add Taipans to every clubs name if that is how your theory works.

It depends on the players. Most clubs wouldn't offload 20k let alone 20k not including their coach and any other players currently there. Especially for 3 unknown quantities. Big risk, possibly for big reward.

Tend to agree Tongs, huge risk with huge reward possibilities. But to think clubs routinely throw that much coin around is surprising to say the least.

It depends on the players. Most clubs wouldn't offload 20k let alone 20k not including their coach and any other players currently there. Especially for 3 unknown quantities. Big risk, possibly for big reward.

From what I have been told Lefty that little birdy seems a little inaccurate.
Quote straight from their website - "

Along with Mick Butera the club is pleased to

announce the signings of two additional imports.

Gamindu Amarasinghe and Ganewattage

Abeyratne, both are currently with Sammy’s Sri

Lankan team Saracens. We wish Gamindu and

Ganewattage all the best."

Tend to agree Tongs, huge risk with huge reward possibilities. But to think clubs routinely throw that much coin around is surprising to say the least.

If the clubs have got the bank balance for it, then good luck to them. I'm sure the money could be spent elsewhere but it's each to their own. The money spent on players, no matter the club is entirely dependent on what they have. My concern would be the type of people they get. For that money, you'd want real clubman type people that will be at functions and don't mind putting coin back into the club.

That's if the rumours are true of course...

Sure it is every individual clubs concern, I just don't believe (may be a tad naive) the claim that heaps of clubs spend that much money, especially on 3 players.

If the clubs have got the bank balance for it, then good luck to them. I'm sure the money could be spent elsewhere but it's each to their own. The money spent on players, no matter the club is entirely dependent on what they have. My concern would be the type of people they get. For that money, you'd want real clubman type people that will be at functions and don't mind putting coin back into the club.

That's if the rumours are true of course...

Back