Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

If Thomo can make a 150 each week they wont lose to many. Dinesh will destroy some Money sides!
Thats the big question can TU make 150? Lost their best bat, best young player and only 2 other players at the club made more than 200 last season! Would want to have some good grippers. Many clubs have 1 gun bowler but if not backed up at other end he's not as valuable. As for The talk about imports, i say limit it to 2 per club and a maximum of 5k! Bundoora's stance on giving their kids or longer serving players a chance is to be commended but i agree with tongs - You dont deserve a game in Barclay Shield, you earn it!

Thats the big question can TU make 150? Lost their best bat, best young player and only 2 other players at the club made more than 200 last season! Would want to have some good grippers. Many clubs have 1 gun bowler but if not backed up at other end he's not as valuable. As for The talk about imports, i say limit it to 2 per club and a maximum of 5k! Bundoora's stance on giving their kids or longer serving players a chance is to be commended but i agree with tongs - You dont deserve a game in Barclay Shield, you earn it!
You make some good points 3 slips but i don`t think the clubs would stick to the 5k limit. Maybe we just limit it too one per team. I know there are a few clubs bringing over 2 or 3 this season and one Money Shield club is bringing over 3 Sri Lankans what message does that send to clubs young up and coming players? What would be the going rate for a Sri Lankan with first class experience?

You make some good points 3 slips but i don`t think the clubs would stick to the 5k limit. Maybe we just limit it too one per team. I know there are a few clubs bringing over 2 or 3 this season and one Money Shield club is bringing over 3 Sri Lankans what message does that send to clubs young up and coming players? What would be the going rate for a Sri Lankan with first class experience?
everybody in Sri Lanka has played first class cricket or has played for Sri Lanka U19's.

but good luck to the clubs that can get these guys, generally really nice guys and sometimes it can give the seconds player who might get put up before his time and fail, a chance to get some runs or wickets in couple of games and come up with some confidence.

Whilst i personally would not like my club to go out and get imports to play for my club, I wholeheartly welcome any that walk in off the street. We have had a couple that have fallen on our doorstep a few years ago (they were no good), but I wouldn't want to see my club go down the path of going looking for players overseas. I'd rather them develop local kids in the community.

I think there is some merit in restricting the number of "International players" per club per season, but to restrict the amount paid to them is not only unreasonable but the DVCA would also be unable to police the payments. If the above is true and some clubs have gone out to get 3 of them, I would be very disappointed if I were a long serving member at that club and my club was seeing to try to purchase a flag rather than spending that money on a more viable option in bettering the club for the future.

Whilst i personally would not like my club to go out and get imports to play for my club, I wholeheartly welcome any that walk in off the street. We have had a couple that have fallen on our doorstep a few years ago (they were no good), but I wouldn't want to see my club go down the path of going looking for players overseas. I'd rather them develop local kids in the community.

I think there is some merit in restricting the number of "International players" per club per season, but to restrict the amount paid to them is not only unreasonable but the DVCA would also be unable to police the payments. If the above is true and some clubs have gone out to get 3 of them, I would be very disappointed if I were a long serving member at that club and my club was seeing to try to purchase a flag rather than spending that money on a more viable option in bettering the club for the future.

Making rules about international players would create more problems than it would solve. That's why it will never happen. One of my team mates, who had played DVCA all his life, once revealed that he wasn't an Australian. He was born in Britain and had never bothered to become a citizen. What happens then? Do the premierships he has played in get overturned?

Making rules about international players would create more problems than it would solve. That's why it will never happen. One of my team mates, who had played DVCA all his life, once revealed that he wasn't an Australian. He was born in Britain and had never bothered to become a citizen. What happens then? Do the premierships he has played in get overturned?

That depends. If he won the flags in the years that Monty beat Eltham, then yes. They should be stripped of their premierships and all Premiership tattoos forcefully removed. :D

Playing dates are out for all those losing sleep over it.

So the DVCA Exec have decided to run the Vets with 3 divisions of 10, so nine games and no semi finals.

So only top 2 get to play finals out of 10 teams. That means likey going to be 6-8 teams out of contention half way thru... perhaps leading to more forfeits...? Shit move for the comp.
Surely 3 divisions of 8 and 1 x 6 was the better way to go.

Again another decision on structure not run past the clubs :mad:

So the DVCA Exec have decided to run the Vets with 3 divisions of 10, so nine games and no semi finals.

So only top 2 get to play finals out of 10 teams. That means likey going to be 6-8 teams out of contention half way thru... perhaps leading to more forfeits...? Shit move for the comp.
Surely 3 divisions of 8 and 1 x 6 was the better way to go.

Again another decision on structure not run past the clubs :mad:

You may not get much support on here, you'd be the only poster on here that qualifies for vets :D

In all seriousness, I would like to see the DVCA consult clubs on decisions like this, and possibly have a vote. Or an explaination of how/why they made the decision. They may well have a very valid reason.

You may not get much support on here, you'd be the only poster on here that qualifies for vets :D

In all seriousness, I would like to see the DVCA consult clubs on decisions like this, and possibly have a vote. Or an explaination of how/why they made the decision. They may well have a very valid reason.

Agree Ex Prez, and with Vets schedule to play on Sunday 9th and 16th of December - days that most clubs would have a Xmas party, and would be unable to field a full side (we definitley wouldn't) as most of the people a Xmas party is aimed at (kids) would want/need their parents there.

Agree Ex Prez, and with Vets schedule to play on Sunday 9th and 16th of December - days that most clubs would have a Xmas party, and would be unable to field a full side (we definitley wouldn't) as most of the people a Xmas party is aimed at (kids) would want/need their parents there.

That would still leave Sun 23rd December available as the perfect time for a Xmas party wouldn't it?

However I do agree that the DVCA is useless in it's communication with clubs & it's member base. Tongs don't even bother trying to back them up that they take calls or emails, because that's crap too!

That would still leave Sun 23rd December available as the perfect time for a Xmas party wouldn't it?

However I do agree that the DVCA is useless in it's communication with clubs & it's member base. Tongs don't even bother trying to back them up that they take calls or emails, because that's crap too!

Wandering: Why not doing it on a Friday/Saturday night? A different date?
I understand peoples/clubs frustrations with the fixture. We are no different, but the fact is there are always going to be people upset by the draw. Better to embrace it and move on.

Not Out: I can only go off my own experiences. and that is - I ring and they either answer, or call me back. Nothing more that I could ask for. I also know other clubs in the same position. So surely you would have to wonder why they aren't taking particular peoples calls? Maybe the people who aren't getting calls back should think about how they leave messages?

Wandering: Why not doing it on a Friday/Saturday night? A different date?
I understand peoples/clubs frustrations with the fixture. We are no different, but the fact is there are always going to be people upset by the draw. Better to embrace it and move on.

Not Out: I can only go off my own experiences. and that is - I ring and they either answer, or call me back. Nothing more that I could ask for. I also know other clubs in the same position. So surely you would have to wonder why they aren't taking particular peoples calls? Maybe the people who aren't getting calls back should think about how they leave messages?

Tongs, we have done it on a Sunday, early in December to accomodate as many as possible, for 5 years, and with over 100 people in attendance last year, we will not be changing that, and will pay the forfeit fee.

Tongs, we have done it on a Sunday, early in December to accomodate as many as possible, for 5 years, and with over 100 people in attendance last year, we will not be changing that, and will pay the forfeit fee.

I understand that it sucks when that happens, but they are not going to change the comp fixtures to suit your clubs Christmas party. We have our reverse raffle pretty much the same weekend every year too. Then the fixture came out and our G grade had a game on the same day, shit happens. But it did actually turn into a better day as we had something to watch, and the boys playing actually didn't mind in the end.

Favrin was good player, just plain park crickerter, doesn.t use his bat enough, we used to get
him out all the time. A bit of a hot kead when thing don't go his way.

Favrin was good player, just plain park crickerter, doesn.t use his bat enough, we used to get
him out all the time. A bit of a hot kead when thing don't go his way.
he won the HDCA B&F 2 seasons ago after playing only half seasons for a few years due to children & still won Heidelberg's batting average last season after having quite an average season so if that's just a plain park cricketer then yeah your're right sanna

Back