DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a fair call pulling me up on the "go backwards" comment. I actually couldnt give a schitt about the bloke, however he does have a bad rep, simple as that. If you like him cause he took a few bucks from you guys last century then thats fine, maybe thats why Eltham are in the position they are in.

We hadn't got out of second gear, and unfortunately we still didnt get out of it in the semi. There is a lot of positive to take out of our season, blokes who had a crack and did well know who they are, blokes who had a crack and didnt do well know who they are, and if there are blokes who fall into other categories than they know who they are, I'm a little far removed to make a call. I reckon that three Barclay semi's in 6 seasons, along with a couple of strong 'B' grade seasons has my club well ahead of the pack and thats all I really care about. I bet you'd like to trade places Tongs!

You couldn't give a schitt, but then proceed to have another crack? A bit of a soft spot? Maybe its years of him smashing you blokes? And just for the record, I am more than happy to say that Bubis was the best clubman that we have ever had. In terms of probably being under paid for years, the time he put into the kids, him donating raffle items massively, bringing sponsors to the club. I would take him at my club well before I ever welcomed you in through the doors.

Just be honest, you choked. No other way to put it. Would I like to trade? Nope. I wouldn't want to put up with that Brad dean bloke ;)

This is a serious question: Can you explain how Ross Adams doesn't get a game in your ones? After his performances in the 2s, how on earth does he not get a game in the 1s?

You couldn't give a schitt, but then proceed to have another crack? A bit of a soft spot? Maybe its years of him smashing you blokes? And just for the record, I am more than happy to say that Bubis was the best clubman that we have ever had. In terms of probably being under paid for years, the time he put into the kids, him donating raffle items massively, bringing sponsors to the club. I would take him at my club well before I ever welcomed you in through the doors.

Just be honest, you choked. No other way to put it. Would I like to trade? Nope. I wouldn't want to put up with that Brad dean bloke ;)

This is a serious question: Can you explain how Ross Adams doesn't get a game in your ones? After his performances in the 2s, how on earth does he not get a game in the 1s?

Serious answer...who would you drop to make way for him? In regard to the rest, you are a flog, over and out.

why don't you ask camrea the state he left them in?? half the club walked and he made sure he got paid!!
First 2nd last, seconds last and third grade last! Top clubman! Take the money and run!

So how is this working out for you? Good to know that you have no idea what your club/players are doing.
Well we certainly didnt expect it.... Your a ************ mate, maybe if you had any idea about how to run your club you wouldnt be in Money Shield. Good luck with at least the next decade in Divison 2 moron.

Well we certainly didnt expect it.... Your a ************ mate, maybe if you had any idea about how to run your club you wouldnt be in Money Shield. Good luck with at least the next decade in Divison 2 moron.

You didn't expect it, but just about the whole comp knew about it 6 weeks ago!

Give us a spell.

You didn't expect it, but just about the whole comp knew about it 6 weeks ago!

Give us a spell.
Boot of mate.. When the bloke tells us he is on board for 2012/13 what are we supposed to do, not believe him?

At the end of the day money talks and good luck to him, young bloke just married with a morguage. money to hard to turn down at that offer.

So not only do your players lie to each other, money is more important than the club and team mates. Just goes to show what the culture is like at plenty. You've had money for years and a wealth of players. Now the well has dried up and all the talent gone.

Should be a good year for you blokes. Starting with the whole club on minus 6 points, no coach, no captain and best player. Heard that Curtain is going to turf (let me guess, he said he's playing too?).

So not only do your players lie to each other, money is more important than the club and team mates. Just goes to show what the culture is like at plenty. You've had money for years and a wealth of players. Now the well has dried up and all the talent gone.

Should be a good year for you blokes. Starting with the whole club on minus 6 points, no coach, no captain and best player. Heard that Curtain is going to turf (let me guess, he said he's playing too?).
I'm not even going to bother..... You are an A grade flog... Our culture has been terrible for the last 10 years..... Can you send me a copy of the Eltham Cricket Clubs guide to success? It wouldn't have been updated for what 40 years?

Bubis, Pavey, Monar....how much did that runners up cost you 15 years back? Not one to rush into defend PA, but seriously, you taking the high ground on how clubs should be run is a joke. Im not against passionate blokes batting for their club or even taking a few pot shots at others from time to time, but please do not take the high ground because you or your club have no claim to it (notwithstanding the fact that there are some good blokes there). Winning cultures arent perfect cultures, but then again you wouldnt know about winning cultures.

Bubis, Pavey, Monar....how much did that runners up cost you 15 years back? Not one to rush into defend PA, but seriously, you taking the high ground on how clubs should be run is a joke. Im not against passionate blokes batting for their club or even taking a few pot shots at others from time to time, but please do not take the high ground because you or your club have no claim to it (notwithstanding the fact that there are some good blokes there). Winning cultures arent perfect cultures, but then again you wouldnt know about winning cultures.
Why don't you keep an eye on the tides and weather for when you get get your next player.
I was more having a dig about Rossy apparently telling them he was staying then leaving. Again, you say not to have a crack then have a go at my club. Don't like it brad, then don't read it you fat little garden gnome.

Come on lads, lets give it a little rest hey? For an interesting read head over to the HDCA forum........there is some anger there and interesting 'facts' coming out about who and what are heading to the DVCA. Some think that decisions have already been made about what clubs we are accepting......I thought we actually voted on that sort of thing? Ex-Prez can you confirm how it works.

Come on lads, lets give it a little rest hey? For an interesting read head over to the HDCA forum........there is some anger there and interesting 'facts' coming out about who and what are heading to the DVCA. Some think that decisions have already been made about what clubs we are accepting......I thought we actually voted on that sort of thing? Ex-Prez can you confirm how it works.

Cow Corner, would be interested in your opinion of hdca club deciding to move across. Rosanna have decided they want to, Im hearing a few other clubs might be too. How does it work. Do we wait forthe clubs to decide on if we are allowed in? Surely the dvca wouldnt turn down a few clubs coming across would they

Hey Papa Smurf. Mate I am interested, what concerns me is that in the DVCA the Clubs run the competition (supposedly) and are to vote on major changes. I know all clubs have been forewarned that one club has approached and others are forming a group approach.

Structurally I see more teams as a real negative unless we can somehow have a 3rd top tier (Barlcay, Money Shield and a New one (lets call it X Shield) As the competition stands in the DVCA at the moment all new clubs would be expected to go into B Grade, if they are any good they will run amok there and push up as they are playing mostly Barclay Shield 2nds) If they want to play at that level for a few years then good luck to them.....

If the DVCA gets more than 5 clubs willing to come across then we may as well have X Shield.

Gunna get interesting I think

Why don't you keep an eye on the tides and weather for when you get get your next player.
I was more having a dig about Rossy apparently telling them he was staying then leaving. Again, you say not to have a crack then have a go at my club. Don't like it brad, then don't read it you fat little garden gnome.

You serious??

Leave me out of your arguments, pretty sure I've never had a crack at your club or any other for that matter....

"garden gnome" there's another to add to the list lol

Quinny, if you're gonna pot blokes, at least get the right blokes....:oops:

As I understand it, the clubs have to vote on it- as we have always done.
There is usually a special meeting (or is this pre AGM?) where the applying club/s make a submission to the clubs. We then vote to let them in or not.
So whether it is one club ( Rosanna ?) or more ( heard heidelberg & banyule are close too...) then they have to be voted in.

At present if i am correct there are 2 vacancies in Money Shield. Riverside & Mill park out.(is that official?)
Bundoora as premiers of B have first right to go up.
Happy (in my opinion) to stay in B grade and let 2 HDCA clubs come in. Like Riverside this year, i dont feel we will be competitive (with several key senior players stepping down).

If as you mentioned, all 7-8 HDCA clubs want in, then we would need a major re-structure - and likely 3rd division..
So in theory, two GF sides in HDCA go into money. The other 6 in Division X.
That would leave 6 places for which current DVCA clubs can apply to get into. eg HB as as 1st team, Mill Park (1st team) , Bundoora as B premiers etc...

My thoughts - if we go to a restructure, we should go back to previous format of Barlcay & Barclay reserve, Money & money Reserve, X divsion & X reserve, then C grade and below.

I would also consider amending promotion relegation to be restricted to those top 4 grades. BS, MS, X and C grade (to be able to get into X). All lower grades to be determined by yearly grading submissions by the clubs as we did previously.

A hell of a lot of big decisions will need to be made by the current/future DVCA exec...:eek:

You are making a goose of yourself, dont even know who you're potting. Clever...

As I understand it, the clubs have to vote on it- as we have always done.
There is usually a special meeting (or is this pre AGM?) where the applying club/s make a submission to the clubs. We then vote to let them in or not.
So whether it is one club ( Rosanna ?) or more ( heard heidelberg & banyule are close too...) then they have to be voted in.

Thought so, reckon the Pre-AGMs go long enough this IMO will be a Special GM.

At present if i am correct there are 2 vacancies in Money Shield. Riverside & Mill park out.(is that official?)
Bundoora as premiers of B have first right to go up.
Happy (in my opinion) to stay in B grade and let 2 HDCA clubs come in. Like Riverside this year, i dont feel we will be competitive (with several key senior players stepping down).

:eek: hope not that handsome slightly bald and slightly hefty steamtrain known as George.....:eek:

My thoughts - if we go to a restructure, we should go back to previous format of Barlcay & Barclay reserve, Money & money Reserve, X divsion & X reserve, then C grade and below.

I would also consider amending promotion relegation to be restricted to those top 4 grades. BS, MS, X and C grade (to be able to get into X). All lower grades to be determined by yearly grading submissions by the clubs as we did previously.

Mmmm, reckon that horse has bolted.

A hell of a lot of big decisions will need to be made by the current/future DVCA exec...:eek:

Agree, hope all Clubs have an active and ready Committee structure or decisions will be made that may not be in their interest and all we will hear is complaints when these decisions are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back