Eca

Any thoughts on the fixture for T20?

How much interest is there from the clubs? Do players treat it as a giggle or is it approached seriously?

What state (don't say Victoria) are the grounds in after all the rain?

Any thoughts on the fixture for T20?

How much interest is there from the clubs? Do players treat it as a giggle or is it approached seriously?

What state (don't say Victoria) are the grounds in after all the rain?

Obviously not very good as already called off. Being Day 1 a good call.

T20, each to their own. Some synthetic clubs like the chance to play a few games on turf.

Group 4 looks like the 'Group of Death' three Dunstan Shield clubs and STC who have had a fair bit of success at T20.

Spoke to someone from Ashburton today- heard they have signed up Tom Craddock from essex. Will certainly be interesting to see how he goes given the success of some other english spinners (abel, taylor, byrne) in dunstan

That's a great effort by Patel. It does raise the question and it has been discussed to much already, but how is it possible for Nth Balwyn to pay 2 English players as well as Binney and the capt/coach?. Also unless Patel performs all season they are screwed cos the rest of the team is rubbish judging by the scores.

Yes would too be interested as to how the NB boys go without Patel dominating with the bat...not healthy to be too reliant on one player.
I questioned a mate from there a few weeks back about their 'salary cap' and was told that the coach doesn't play, the captain and binney are not paid. Only the 2 poms are.
Will be interesting to see how they go against Bulleen especially if Patel doesn't fire.

phenominal start by patel and NB, would have definitely been favourites for relegation on last years results. what about mont albert? relegation?

Any interesting T20 results from the first round?

Deepdene Uniting struggling with out Daniel Harford this season.

Marcellin OC and Glen Iris both 2/2 despite not a great start to season in Dunstan Sheild.

Boroondara and Wycliff are both undefeated. Turf clubs regularly beaten by synthetic clubs in T20 over the years. Combination of turf clubs underestimating them, home ground advantage on synthetic and wanting to knock off one of the big clubs.

Half of Boroondara are their junior players.

And good to see no Premier Clubs in the competition like last year.

That's my 2 cents.

I reckon that this is the Wettest start to a season since 1998/99. It's bloody annoying. I think I have trained indoor more than outdoor so far this season.

I'm strongly considering buying a bowling machine and converting my driveway into a practice area. I'm sure the neighbours won't mind.

Match of the Round:

North Balwyn v Bulleen

Will Bulleen's bowling be strong enough to halt the top order of Nth Balwyn?

I reckon that this is the Wettest start to a season since 1998/99

2010/11 was terrible for weather. Fortunately most were Day 1 so matches turned into one dayers on week 2

We haven't lost a day of turf matches yet this season. In the last three weeks been able to use turf nets five out of six training sessions.

All comes down to having a good curator (or six).

Back