England In Australia - The Ashes 2013/14

Shocking day :( Not necessarily a particularly great day for Australia, in the long term. Have to look forward to the Saffas now. They won't be facing all the disadvantages England have had. Come on you Saffas, bring these numpties back down to earth!

vjax.jpg

Jimmy Anderson, Graeme Swanne, Kevin Pietrsen, Ian Bell, Matt Prior. Been there, seen that, done that and what... play in the Ashes again when I could be at home for Christmas with my kids and family? I don't think you'll see any of these blokes again in an Ashes test. Bring on the young-uns. Brilliant knock from the kid Ben Stokes, Carberry looks promising too and Joe Root will come good again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-revelry-mum-husband-10-000-miles-away-.html

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jun/27/matt-prior-england-ashes

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/nov/07/graeme-swann-england-india-ill-daughter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kevin-pietersen-my-son-dylan-has-made-154659

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ant-to-make-amends-for-that-shot-8344617.html

These older blokes have different priorities these days I reckon and this could be a factor?

Ok so we will not see these guys in 4 years time back in Aus, but i will bet all except Pietrsen will be there with great focus and hunger come the next Ashes in England.

Yeah possibly, it'll be interesting to see how he goes over the next two games. What do you reckon - they try and tame him and get him playing proper shots and reign himself in, or let him go as he is and put up with the screw ups?

Yeah possibly, it'll be interesting to see how he goes over the next two games. What do you reckon - they try and tame him and get him playing proper shots and reign himself in, or let him go as he is and put up with the screw ups?

Don't think taming him is going to work. The key for Pietrsen is for the more conventional Cook and Root to come good and then he can attack without pressure. Much the way things have come good for Warner now he has more support around. The next two test will be interesting, i think England will give it a go and a 3-1 series is possible. I feel we have celebrated just a little to early though they have won the series.

What do you reckon to Swanne, He had an injury earlier in the year and hasn't been as good, it seems since, do you think he'll be in the squad for the next two games?

What do you reckon to Swanne, He had an injury earlier in the year and hasn't been as good, it seems since, do you think he'll be in the squad for the next two games?

Don't see an alternative to Swann, Monty played in Adelaide and to be honest he looked completely out of his class. Swann is out of sorts and has never gone very well in Aus so maybe cut him some slack and see how the next English summer goes for him. If he is there he will be fearsum with revenge driving him as it did the 2007 Aussies.

Where was someblokecalleddave someblokecalleddave til now?? :confused::mad:

Anyway, just listening to Rohan Connolly and Brett Phillips on SEN1116 now. They're just laying the boots into England now. Paying them out for not showing any spirit and alike. Swann, Peitersen, Prior, no one's missing out. A significant factor that hasn't been considered til now is that it is a back to back Ashes series. Is a unique situation we're in, and England won the first one. They won it and had to back up again??

Imagine if hawthorn and Fremantle had to play again, the week after the GF, at Subiaco. What would the result be? Fremantle would win by bigger margin that what they were beaten by at the 'G. But these two, the BF cricket board, other idiots in various media, just don't get it.

Just like Hawthorn's win over Freo in the GF England's Ashes win this year was overrated being assisted by some incredibly one way officiating ;)

Where was someblokecalleddave someblokecalleddave til now?? :confused::mad:

Anyway, just listening to Rohan Connolly and Brett Phillips on SEN1116 now. They're just laying the boots into England now. Paying them out for not showing any spirit and alike. Swann, Peitersen, Prior, no one's missing out. A significant factor that hasn't been considered til now is that it is a back to back Ashes series. Is a unique situation we're in, and England won the first one. They won it and had to back up again??

Imagine if hawthorn and Fremantle had to play again, the week after the GF, at Subiaco. What would the result be? Fremantle would win by bigger margin that what they were beaten by at the 'G. But these two, the BF cricket board, other idiots in various media, just don't get it.

Well no matter what it seems that things are happening with Swann announcing his retirement starting immediately. I did not see that coming, thought he was young enough to be there for the next home series and some revenge. don't know what they will do as Monty looks plain. must be some under toe in the ranks for them at the moment.

Yeah, maybe. But similarly, the Hawks were the better team for the season, the better team for the game. Freo/Australia didn't make the most of their opportunities. Both were legit wins, despite any umpiring issues. People are more likely to remember the game/series for actually being a **** spectacle all round.

P.S: The Hawks/Freo GF analogy wasn't a bad one. Even if I do say so myself.

Damn. Did not notice nairbe's post! :oops:

Well no matter what it seems that things are happening with Swann announcing his retirement starting immediately. I did not see that coming, thought he was young enough to be there for the next home series and some revenge. don't know what they will do as Monty looks plain. must be some under toe in the ranks for them at the moment.
Until it's in the history books, it wouldn't surprise me if he still ended up play in the 15 Ashes series.

Yeah, I saw that coming (Swanne), I'm not a big fan of him at all, a good bowler I have to concede, but the bloke - everything I see or here him doing just p*****s me off for some reason. I've not read or heard the full story yet, but the fact that he's bailing out mid series seems about par for him. I really hope Monty gets a go and does well.

I was surprised by Swann retiring. Aussies broke him lol. I think he should have waited until he returned to England. I think he will regret retiring on such a career low .... losing the Ashes. Brave thing to do. Good bowler though.

Back