HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

Fezz;325724 said:
I hope all others keep underestimating Reece Walker, he is just starting to hit peak form at the right time!!!!

G'day Girls!!! the top 4 is set ha? If greens beat Rosanna outright, they will make it! Well batted to Grandal on the weekend, i'm tipping the big fella cant move today! and fizz head. what do you think west's chances are of taking the grand final out this year? I hear alot of sides are glad they made it.. i hear they were scared of greensy.

Shane Warne;326063 said:
G'day Girls!!! the top 4 is set ha? If greens beat Rosanna outright, they will make it! Well batted to Grandal on the weekend, i'm tipping the big fella cant move today! and fizz head. what do you think west's chances are of taking the grand final out this year? I hear alot of sides are glad they made it.. i hear they were scared of greensy.
Yes, well done to the West boys, they are a 1 in 4 chance just like the others!
We all know finals can be a different ball game, just have to be inform when it counts which i am sure you would be Warney!!
All the best buddy, may bump into you in a couple of weeks!!!!!

So which clubs are trying to get into the DVCA? sorry if you guys have spoken earlier about it but there was to much crap about doughnuts and couldn't be stuffed reading anymore without getting hungry!:)

Medel;328916 said:
So which clubs are trying to get into the DVCA? sorry if you guys have spoken earlier about it but there was to much crap about doughnuts and couldn't be stuffed reading anymore without getting hungry!:)

Greensborough are leaving the HDCA after this season, not sure why as they have struggled recently and cant see them doing any better in the DVCA .. There is a bit of talk going around that they are going to lose a numbers of players who arent happy with the decision

Long live the TOWER BURGER

Colonel Sanders;329339 said:
Greensborough are leaving the HDCA after this season, not sure why as they have struggled recently and cant see them doing any better in the DVCA .. There is a bit of talk going around that they are going to lose a numbers of players who arent happy with the decision

Long live the TOWER BURGER

I'll try and answer some of your questions, which i believe were communicated to clubs on Monday night. So if your not sure of rumours then you need to ask him and hopefully you will get an honest answer.
Will play in DVCA to enable all sides to play in a grade against players of similar ability.
example in 2007/08 = two sides in 3rd Grade & two sides in 4th grade 'playing against each other'
2008/2009 Folded one side in third grade and retain two sides in 4th grade
question. How would your club/ teammates like to play against a fellow club man last game in the year for a spot in the final?
The second side in fourth grade in 2007/2008 was effectively a 6th eleven playing in 4th grade. In DVCA will be playing in F grade and playing against players of similar ability.
Currently Junior program growing strongly every year. Juniors were turned away as there was not enough grades available to accomodate all the players. Problem will not go away over time.
Struggled recently - Played in A grade finals last 8 years wiing 2 premierships, finished 4th last 3 years and as the playing group was not going to win a premiership, decision was made to re build side, still finish 5th only 1/2 games out with a number of young players given valuable experience.
Rumours about losing players. The vote was 59/3 in favour of the move. Players come and go every year regardless of the clubs situation, on or off field performances. What is lost will be replaced. Decisions will not please everyone.
The decision to leave was never going to be a popular one with rival clubs. It was not taken lightly and one made agonisingly over a period of 2 to 3 years, its been made in the best interests and long term future of the club, wouldnt yours do the same?

Please dont get angry with me and im not doing this to start a $#!+ fight guys but i have heard that if Greensborough leave and go to the DVCA the HDCA may have to disband and the rest of the clubs will have to choose the DVCA or the NMCA as there league to play in.
As i dont know much about the league or the teams in it i hope that you dont see this as a bad thing and it could be a chance for some of the clubs to be able to play in an appropriate standed of cricket going by the last post. I guess there are going to be some tough times ahead for you guys but beleive me it will only get better for you all because of it.:)

Medel;329663 said:
Please dont get angry with me and im not doing this to start a $#!+ fight guys but i have heard that if Greensborough leave and go to the DVCA the HDCA may have to disband and the rest of the clubs will have to choose the DVCA or the NMCA as there league to play in.
As i dont know much about the league or the teams in it i hope that you dont see this as a bad thing and it could be a chance for some of the clubs to be able to play in an appropriate standed of cricket going by the last post. I guess there are going to be some tough times ahead for you guys but beleive me it will only get better for you all because of it.:)

The HDCA will hopefully continue without Greensborough. However, some of the clubs will not satisfy the entry conditions of the DVCA which include having Juniors and location falling within certian council's (correct me if this is incorrect)
There are many rumours circulating and there always will be about clubs and players moving here and there, comps merging ect its been going on for years. No doubt there are some interesting times ahead.

HUMMTB;329648 said:
I'll try and answer some of your questions, which i believe were communicated to clubs on Monday night. So if your not sure of rumours then you need to ask him and hopefully you will get an honest answer.
Will play in DVCA to enable all sides to play in a grade against players of similar ability.
example in 2007/08 = two sides in 3rd Grade & two sides in 4th grade 'playing against each other'
2008/2009 Folded one side in third grade and retain two sides in 4th grade
question. How would your club/ teammates like to play against a fellow club man last game in the year for a spot in the final?
The second side in fourth grade in 2007/2008 was effectively a 6th eleven playing in 4th grade. In DVCA will be playing in F grade and playing against players of similar ability.
Currently Junior program growing strongly every year. Juniors were turned away as there was not enough grades available to accomodate all the players. Problem will not go away over time.
Struggled recently - Played in A grade finals last 8 years wiing 2 premierships, finished 4th last 3 years and as the playing group was not going to win a premiership, decision was made to re build side, still finish 5th only 1/2 games out with a number of young players given valuable experience.
Rumours about losing players. The vote was 59/3 in favour of the move. Players come and go every year regardless of the clubs situation, on or off field performances. What is lost will be replaced. Decisions will not please everyone.
The decision to leave was never going to be a popular one with rival clubs. It was not taken lightly and one made agonisingly over a period of 2 to 3 years, its been made in the best interests and long term future of the club, wouldnt yours do the same?
No need to get on here and justify your decision, i have no idea who you are and to be perfectly honest i couldn't give a ****.
I am HDCA through and through and will do all i can to keep this great competition alive for many years to come, as for all the doubters out there, instead of whinging and moaning about how the comp should be run etc, why don't you put your hand up and not leave it to too few who actually do a fantastic job. ie: Philo, Russ, Ernie, Jeff etc.
HDCA.....HERE TO STAY!!!!!

Fezz;329739 said:
No need to get on here and justify your decision, i have no idea who you are and to be perfectly honest i couldn't give a ****.
I am HDCA through and through and will do all i can to keep this great competition alive for many years to come, as for all the doubters out there, instead of whinging and moaning about how the comp should be run etc, why don't you put your hand up and not leave it to too few who actually do a fantastic job. ie: Philo, Russ, Ernie, Jeff etc.
HDCA.....HERE TO STAY!!!!!
HUMMTB is just dispelling rumors. i dont think he needs to justify a 59/3 vote which is a pretty damning result.

I didn't mean justifying it by the amount of people who voted for it, it was the way it was trying to that they are too good for the HDCA.
Anyway, why don't you and HUMMTB get over to the DVCA forum and discuss things there! Use the C Grade thread cause they are the guys you will be playing against!!

Fezz;330067 said:
I didn't mean justifying it by the amount of people who voted for it, it was the way it was trying to that they are too good for the HDCA.
Anyway, why don't you and HUMMTB get over to the DVCA forum and discuss things there! Use the C Grade thread cause they are the guys you will be playing against!!
Good to see you have constructive comments to make and havent spat the dummy. Instead of wasting your time on this forum why not spend some time and have a real good look at the DVCA website. You might be able to get some good ideas when your doing anything you can to help the HDCA. Concentrate on the Junior developement coz 40% of your clubs only have 2 junior green teams between them and you just lost the club with the most teams who got off their arse 5 years ago and through sheer hard work built up their junior club.

Goliath;330098 said:
Good to see you have constructive comments to make and havent spat the dummy. Instead of wasting your time on this forum why not spend some time and have a real good look at the DVCA website. You might be able to get some good ideas when your doing anything you can to help the HDCA. Concentrate on the Junior developement coz 40% of your clubs only have 2 junior green teams between them and you just lost the club with the most teams who got off their arse 5 years ago and through sheer hard work built up their junior club.
Goliath, if you are from Greensborough...hope all your work with the juniors over the last 5 years isn't undone by having to play Saturday mornings instead of Friday nights!!! As for looking at the DVCA website, you can jamb that along with ya 2 piece kid balls you will be playing with next year. Hope it all goes well in your new venture!!!!!!!

I really hope greensborough have put some consideration into the move over the the dvca and not just made a quickfire decision.
did they take into account-
2002, Macleod CC moves over to the dvca with a similar vote tally to what gboros was, they depleted from 9 strong sides down to having 4 sides with them desperately struggling to fill in their 4s.
They had a strong 8 junior sides, now they only have 5
No umpires from C grade down and maybe occasionally getting one.
Back to saturday morning cricket for juniors which will restrict your bowlers in the afternoon, with only 18 overs in a day good future cricketers like james love could be bowling 10 in the morning and only allowed to bowl 8 in the afternoon..........
The loss of the one day comp and the good structure that the hdca has now with the 7 2dayers and 7 one dayers.
And to top it off as the fezz mentioned your going to be playing with kindergarten 2 piece balls. Add in the trips to whittlesea, panton hill, hurstbride and in the lower grades, arthurs creek, doreen ect its guaranteed to make people think if the decision was really right and if its worth it??

the_boobcat;330216 said:
I really hope greensborough have put some consideration into the move over the the dvca and not just made a quickfire decision.
did they take into account-
2002, Macleod CC moves over to the dvca with a similar vote tally to what gboros was, they depleted from 9 strong sides down to having 4 sides with them desperately struggling to fill in their 4s.
They had a strong 8 junior sides, now they only have 5
No umpires from C grade down and maybe occasionally getting one.
Back to saturday morning cricket for juniors which will restrict your bowlers in the afternoon, with only 18 overs in a day good future cricketers like james love could be bowling 10 in the morning and only allowed to bowl 8 in the afternoon..........
The loss of the one day comp and the good structure that the hdca has now with the 7 2dayers and 7 one dayers.
And to top it off as the fezz mentioned your going to be playing with kindergarten 2 piece balls. Add in the trips to whittlesea, panton hill, hurstbride and in the lower grades, arthurs creek, doreen ect its guaranteed to make people think if the decision was really right and if its worth it??
Cant really use Macleod as an example. People leave clubs for lots of reasons. Numbers of teams is just cyclical. Name any club in our area with 17 teams in the last few years in HDCA,DVCA or NMCA. Greensborough has 12 which is the most in the HDCA. Macleod today has the same as Banyule. Where did 8 teams of Macleod cricketers go to in 7 years.

Medel;329663 said:

Hi Nerds!! I have heard that Heidelberg West is trying to get in the subbies next year, they're not happy with how shit greensborough are. they pay big bucks every year and still cant win finals. maybe they need to go play money shield and battle it out with those blonks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back