ICC Champions Trophy 2009

ICC Champions Trophy 2009 - Winner

• Total voters
Re: ICC Champions Trophy 2009

What about it? He did well with the bat, cant say anything about bowling as that likely happened hours after I went to sleep

eddiesmith;368286 said:
What about it? He did well with the bat, cant say anything about bowling as that likely happened hours after I went to sleep

Can't say anything about the bowling?

HA

Collingwood's pies were belted into next year by Watson, hell, the crowd was in serious danger, literally.

3 massive sixes off one of slop's overs, it was a fearful hammering. And you have nothing to say about it?

Does it have anything to do with Watson being a QLDer and your dislike of the great man.

Some young fella went to catch a shell belted by Watson and it went throuhg his hands and smashed him in the head.

9/213 after 47 overs. Some really ordinary batting by Pakistan, soft dismissals coupled with some good bowling has really hurt them. Umar Akmal scored 55 and Mohammad Yousuf made 45, the only two batters past 30 at the moment.

Ian Butler has 4/44, he was smashed around early on but has come back to take four wickets. Vettori has three wickets of his own to further add to Pakistan's woes.

Very important that Pakistan bat out the overs now, they should be aiming for about 230 from here, if they get lucky they could score a few more than that.

9/233 from 50 overs. Last pair scored an undefeated 32 but New Zealand will be happy with their bowling effort. They'll be favourites to win the game at the moment, Pakistan need to make early inroads as McCullum could take the game away from them if he gets going.

Some very handy late runs there for Pakistan to at least make a score. This still might be pretty close though, NZ batting can be a bit fragile at times.

I like the way it has turned out.

In comps I always like to see the team play as many others as possible, and the Aussies haven't had a crack at those dastardly New Zealanders. Can't say New Zealand would put up a better fight then Pakistan for a closer game...

I'm obviously tipping Australia for the win, they seem to have gotten their game together and taking wins in crucial overs.

It's funny how for 6 months I have been saying the ODI side is crap, and the side lost everything, and then before the English series I remember telling people how good a team I thought this one was. Funny that they seem to be winning now. Even with Siddle holding them back :D

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;368296 said:
Can't say anything about the bowling?

HA

Collingwood's pies were belted into next year by Watson, hell, the crowd was in serious danger, literally.

3 massive sixes off one of slop's overs, it was a fearful hammering. And you have nothing to say about it?

Does it have anything to do with Watson being a QLDer and your dislike of the great man.

Some young fella went to catch a shell belted by Watson and it went throuhg his hands and smashed him in the head.
As I said, I was ASLEEP, hard to comment when I didnt see it :rolleyes:

Anyway I look forward to Shane Bond bowling to Australias opener who cant play anything on the stumps :D

Well from what I have seen from late is that when Watson scores low, the side wins anyway. When Watson gets a big score the side wins by a truckload.

He's in my team.

Boris;368390 said:
Well from what I have seen from late is that when Watson scores low, the side wins anyway. When Watson gets a big score the side wins by a truckload.

He's in my team.
You mean like when he made a duck and England beat them? :D

**** just accidentally spoilt the result whilst watching the replay lol. At least New Zealand won though :)

Where are those clowns that wanted Ponting to retire from ODI cricket?

Show yourselves.

Ponting is a deadset champion, makes me sick when the Australian public gets on his back.

The ironic thing is when the great man eventually decides to retire and the poor ************** who takes his place at number 3 starts struggling then everyone will be calling for the great man to return.

Leading run scorer in the comp, and Australia is in the final?

Coincidence? I think not.

We willl miss him more then McGrath and Warne when he does retire, of that I have no doubt.

Whenever his at the crease the guy his batting with just goes up a cog, like Watson did the other night, struggled early on but Punter was scoring freely so it didnt matter.

Ponting is a champion, I dont care if he lost the Ashes twice, we'll win them back next year, and he'll retire after the world cup, victorious once again.

That he is LtD. Nothing less.

After averaging a genuine 95 so far its hard to think to when he has done wrong.

And nobody is complementing his captaincy now?

Watching the replay Pakistan's excessive animated appealing is ridiculous, I know all teams do it a bit but geez.

Worse than bloody Pat Symcox.

Back