MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

eureka;365570 said:
I agree, bad for the future of cricket with the mmvca & nwca my club would refuse clearences so they would have to then answer on appeal, maybe pascoe should do the same, poach snrs, no probs, but kids, it is a dog of an act, but what little i no of K.S. that's his lot in life, small man syndrome. notice st andys asking pascoe to take him back, nwca & mmvca should stop this sort of thing happening, do they have the balls ? i dout it. i've heard around 14 kids, that desimates a club. my club would kick up, hope pascoe do the same. but i bet st andys won't say no to accepting them, even though it is moraly wrong.

Guys, agree with your sentiment. But by delaying clearences, we would be only hurting the kids. None of this saga was their fault, it is crucial that at this time of their development, they must be playing as much cricket as possible. Our goal should always be, to transistion these kids through to districts.

To put this into perspective, one of these kid's has a great talent, enough that his father who works overseas in a non cricket playing country, saw it fitting to move his wife and children to Australia to give his son the opportunity to capitalise on this born ability. But what do we see ??? You would like to think that the kid is being encouraged to go to district cricket - train on turf twice a week, play 17 games a year (on good hard wickets) and get good coaching.

But NO, what do we have, the kid is playing in local cricket playing on ordinary slow decs, 3-4 washouts and 7 hits on turf, therefore treading water again for another year. Why you ask? Only the influencing people in this kids life can answer that?

All we can do is support our 14's and 12's this year.

It will a great to be a junior player at Pacco this year, the one on one coaching that will be undertaken will be unrivalled.

It will a great to be a junior player at Pacco this year, the one on one coaching that will be undertaken will be unrivalled.Maybe this should have been happening all along

rooboy007;365591 said:
It will a great to be a junior player at Pacco this year, the one on one coaching that will be undertaken will be unrivalled.

Maybe this should have been happening all along

Yes, agree. More to the point is, adults entrusted with looking after these kids and using their influence on them to benefit their own agenda.

eureka;365570 said:
I agree, bad for the future of cricket with the mmvca & nwca my club would refuse clearences so they would have to then answer on appeal, maybe pascoe should do the same, poach snrs, no probs, but kids, it is a dog of an act, but what little i no of K.S. that's his lot in life, small man syndrome. notice st andys asking pascoe to take him back, nwca & mmvca should stop this sort of thing happening, do they have the balls ? i dout it. i've heard around 14 kids, that desimates a club. my club would kick up, hope pascoe do the same. but i bet st andys won't say no to accepting them, even though it is moraly wrong.
Bad form eureka I am not going to get into a slinging match on here. All I am going to say on this matter is do not blame K.S. (yes he had a run in with Pacoe and left) if you heard the kids and their parents opinion on this matter you would change your mind. I am not saying a bad thing about Pacoe as I did last year, but if you are not happy at a club why should you stay. As to not give clearances we play in a local comp not the Sheffield Shield we must let every person play were they want. We have lost players over the years just as every other club has. Even this year we had other clubs make offers to some of our players, but they choose to stay with us.

Go the Saints

My Captain said:
Bad form eureka I am not going to get into a slinging match on here. All I am going to say on this matter is do not blame K.S. (yes he had a run in with Pacoe and left) if you heard the kids and their parents opinion on this matter you would change your mind. I am not saying a bad thing about Pacoe as I did last year, but if you are not happy at a club why should you stay. As to not give clearances we play in a local comp not the Sheffield Shield we must let every person play were they want. We have lost players over the years just as every other club has. Even this year we had other clubs make offers to some of our players, but they choose to stay with us.

Go the Saints

My captain, i think alot of you St Andrew blokes have brain washed with absolute shit! K.S did not leave Pacco he was sacked as the 2nd's captain due to the fact that a person who is a leader of men and a team decided to put his own personal interests in front of his repsonsibilities to the club and his own playing group. He compromised his position in which the club had placed their faith and judgement on. The club had to make the hard call knowing there would be backlash based on the FACTS, (there was plenty of it and there is still carry on).

You can be assured if some of the parents were to take five minutes and speak with the Committee of Pascoe Vale they would see the other side of the coin....may be you should have a chat to the committee instead of throwing mud from other side of the fence...it may leave you and your club with some credability

slipofthetongue;365655 said:
My captain, i think alot of you St Andrew blokes have brain washed with absolute shit! K.S did not leave Pacco he was sacked as the 2nd's captain due to the fact that a person who is a leader of men and a team decided to put his own personal interests in front of his repsonsibilities to the club and his own playing group. He compromised his position in which the club had placed their faith and judgement on. The club had to make the hard call knowing there would be backlash based on the FACTS, (there was plenty of it and there is still carry on).

You can be assured if some of the parents were to take five minutes and speak with the Committee of Pascoe Vale they would see the other side of the coin....may be you should have a chat to the committee instead of throwing mud from other side of the fence...it may leave you and your club with some credability

Maybe it is the clubs responsibilty to explain their position to the parents!!

Are you blaming the parents here?

old hack;365666 said:

Obviously i need to write things in lament terms.... Again read it properly, digest it and then make comment!

I am sure if you get someone to read it to you it will make sense!

Just in case your not sure, no-one suggested that is was the parents fault!

pelican player;365849 said:
guess we will have to wait and see when the draw comes out .

when will that be??? how riddulous we are less than 12 days to round 1 and we dont even have a fixture. How are clubs suppose to plan for matches and events etc.

Pull your socks up MMVCA committee!

old hack;365666 said:

Surely you're club is not justifying taking young junior crickets from a neighbouring local club based on the words of one man.

Its seems from reading the details on here, this K.S (???) guy caused a bit of trouble at Pacco and is now attempting to move across junior cricketers.....that is not in the spirit of cricket, especially local cricket.

I wouldnt think Cricket Victoria would approve of a club taking this action.

some people need to stop thinking about themselves and consider the kids. if the kids and their parents have a problem at Pacco fair enough, address the issues, but St Andrews should be working with Pacco to find the best solution, not just poach young cricketers.

The MMVCA should step in here.

My Captain said:

Go the Saints

the real question is.....did the kids on their own approach the club to move.......or did St Andrews manufacture the poaching. Where is your creditability. I know we at East Coburg would never be part of that! the club has better morals.

RooBoy;365851 said:
when will that be??? how riddulous we are less than 12 days to round 1 and we dont even have a fixture. How are clubs suppose to plan for matches and events etc.

Pull your socks up MMVCA committee!

right on the money there roo boy.

Would like to know what's everyone's view on home ground advantage as is there one?

St Mary's pitch which if i read correctly won't be ready till round 4 but i'll take a guess and say LUCKY if they play on it before Christmas if this is the case can they win enough games to make top 4? :confused:

Hit 4 6;365870 said:
Would like to know what's everyone's view on home ground advantage as is there one?

St Mary's pitch which if i read correctly won't be ready till round 4 but i'll take a guess and say LUCKY if they play on it before Christmas if this is the case can they win enough games to make top 4? :confused:

Wouldn't thinks so on the decks perpared by Morleand Council as they are usually pretty ordinary.... clubs who look after their own have a slight upper hand and know more about their decks.. Council don't cut the pitches short enough or roll anywhere near enough for consistant decks.... makes for some frustrating batting days

Top 4 for me in no particular order:

Glenroy
St. Andrews
St. Marys

Then a gap

Merlo Hadfield probably 1 other club could go here, but I'll go with these guy's.

Good luck to all clubs in all grades, hope you make scores of runs and take plenty of wickets.

RooBoy;365853 said:
Surely you're club is not justifying taking young junior crickets from a neighbouring local club based on the words of one man.

Its seems from reading the details on here, this K.S (???) guy caused a bit of trouble at Pacco and is now attempting to move across junior cricketers.....that is not in the spirit of cricket, especially local cricket.

I wouldnt think Cricket Victoria would approve of a club taking this action.

some people need to stop thinking about themselves and consider the kids. if the kids and their parents have a problem at Pacco fair enough, address the issues, but St Andrews should be working with Pacco to find the best solution, not just poach young cricketers.

The MMVCA should step in here.

RooBoy, whats with blaming everything on the MMVCA?
This issue has nothing to do with association and as has been stated a number of times, until council signs off on grounds, then you can't release fixtures. Although it is frustrating, it makes sense.

bomber27;365901 said:
RooBoy, whats with blaming everything on the MMVCA?
This issue has nothing to do with association and as has been stated a number of times, until council signs off on grounds, then you can't release fixtures. Although it is frustrating, it makes sense.

so that includes matting grades aswell does it?

Hit 4 6;365870 said:

I think 90% of the guys in A Turf have played on every ground in this association over the last 4 or 5 yrs, so home ground advantage is anything but.

I dont mind playing away, especially as our last home ground was in Carlton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back