MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Hi Guys

Just wondering if you could give me your thoughts on how Danny Campbell might go in the North West this year?

Gladyboy;365943 said:
Hi Guys

Just wondering if you could give me your thoughts on how Danny Campbell might go in the North West this year?

Are you trying to find out if he worth the money you are spending on him.
Go away and work that out for yourself.

I don't think Socials have cleared him yet.

Gladyboy;365943 said:
Hi Guys

Lol Danny Campbell..... I bet you picked him up only cause when Wes Telford left you had some spending money to throw around so you decided to get him.

Lucky if he plays half the season if he loses interest in the club or game he will make up excuses not to be there.

RooBoy;365855 said:
the real question is.....did the kids on their own approach the club to move.......or did St Andrews manufacture the poaching. Where is your creditability. I know we at East Coburg would never be part of that! the club has better morals.
Rooboy I can tell you that we at St Andrews have done nothing wrong, as I have said before if all you people that are taking all this out of context could sit down with the kids and their parents you all would know the truth. But we are not going to get on here and say this and that against another club or people at that club. As for East Coburg I can remember when kids would play at pacco in the mornings and then play senior cricket with your club in the afternoon does that make your club bad "think not". So lets just get on with playing cricket and talking of the good things on here?

bomber27;365901 said:
RooBoy, whats with blaming everything on the MMVCA?
This issue has nothing to do with association and as has been stated a number of times, until council signs off on grounds, then you can't release fixtures. Although it is frustrating, it makes sense.

i appreciate your response, but i cant understand why with less than two weeks to the season starting the councils havent confirmed grounds. Clubs tend to play at the same venues each year as do football clubs.

why cant the MMVCA put some pressure on the councils to allocate grounds in August so a fixture can be done. Other cricket associations dont seem to have these issues with councils they work with.

My Captain said:
Rooboy I can tell you that we at St Andrews have done nothing wrong, as I have said before if all you people that are taking all this out of context could sit down with the kids and their parents you all would know the truth. But we are not going to get on here and say this and that against another club or people at that club. As for East Coburg I can remember when kids would play at pacco in the mornings and then play senior cricket with your club in the afternoon does that make your club bad "think not". So lets just get on with playing cricket and talking of the good things on here?

yes i can recall these times as well when the kids pllayed at Pacco, and seniors with us, but we didnt go out and try to poach them to Easts. we no doubt continued to encourage them to play at Easts, but we didnt have a strong junior body, so it was best for their development to stay at Pacco.

I dont know all the ins and outs here, and you obviously seem to have other information from parents, if so wouldnt it be best the two clubs sit down and work it out together rather than just submit clearances without notice!!??

remeber this is local park cricket....not playing for sheep stations and prize money

Hit 4 6;365968 said:
Lol Danny Campbell..... I bet you picked him up only cause when Wes Telford left you had some spending money to throw around so you decided to get him.

Lucky if he plays half the season if he loses interest in the club or game he will make up excuses not to be there.

thats a bit harsh on Danny i reckon......he is a tough competitor and talented cricketer.

Anyone interested in giving odds for teams for their flag chances?

Leading run maker?

Wicket taker?

Wooden Spoon Odds?

Justabystander;365882 said:
Top 4 for me in no particular order:

Glenroy
St. Andrews
St. Marys

Then a gap

Merlo Hadfield probably 1 other club could go here, but I'll go with these guy's.

Good luck to all clubs in all grades, hope you make scores of runs and take plenty of wickets.

West Coburg aint going to be any good this year mate??
how come no ones rates them????

FoPud11;365993 said:

if you go back a few pages you'll see that i rate them big tiome. i reckon they'll win flag

Gladyboy;365943 said:
Hi Guys

Gladyboy all you need to do is ask the man himself. He will certainly let you know how he will go!!

FoPud11;365993 said:

Cookie playing Districts, Barker travelling this year was a post a couple of pages ago.

Flag - Glenroy (I have to say that!!!)
Leading Run Scorer - Babo or Anthony Greaney
Wicket Taker - Brett Chisholm
Wooden Spoon - ?? ;)

My Captain said:

my captain how is one of your new young guys looking in pre season ? jessy carroll! i was his captain last year, and let me tell you with a bit of a word in the ear by your experienced bowlers he could be a very handy pick up for you.

pelican player;366012 said:
my captain how is one of your new young guys looking in pre season ? jessy carroll! i was his captain last year, and let me tell you with a bit of a word in the ear by your experienced bowlers he could be a very handy pick up for you.
Yes he is looking very good and yes I agree he will be a very handy pickup this year< we are looking at him bowling with Smoke?????????????????????????

RooBoy;365978 said:
yes i can recall these times as well when the kids pllayed at Pacco, and seniors with us, but we didnt go out and try to poach them to Easts. we no doubt continued to encourage them to play at Easts, but we didnt have a strong junior body, so it was best for their development to stay at Pacco.

I dont know all the ins and outs here, and you obviously seem to have other information from parents, if so wouldnt it be best the two clubs sit down and work it out together rather than just submit clearances without notice!!??

remeber this is local park cricket....not playing for sheep stations and prize money
no poaching here pacco new all about it nothing under the table." Why do you care so much about Pacco and us, look after your club and we will look after ours ". And i believe there is prize money????

Go The Saints

My Captain said:
no poaching here pacco new all about it nothing under the table." Why do you care so much about Pacco and us, look after your club and we will look after ours ". And i believe there is prize money????

Go The Saints

My Captain you are dilustional, Pacco found out when you sent your puppet out to deliver the paperwork!

pelican player;366012 said:

If you were his captain last year why would you be on this forum he hasnt come from this league he is a sunbury boy. Is this were you played last season??

My Captain said:

Go The Saints

Oh sorry...i didnt think there was any rule on here suggesting I cant be interested in other clubs or issues within the comp!??

Maybe you're feeling a bit guilty with all this pressure??

Well im sure the "prize money" on offer makes it all worthwhile and justified then!:rolleyes:

Guys Guys Guys....

It's just cricket and i'm sure everyone would agree that the kids interest is everyone's main priority and if they seem to think that St Andrews is the place to help develop there skills then so be it let it go....

If they are happy and enjoying themselves and learning from the St Andrews players on how to be better crickets good for them. Lets face it St Andrews is a great club so why wouldn't you want your kids to play at a club like that. :cool:

Sainters_3_Peat;366096 said:
If you were his captain last year why would you be on this forum he hasnt come from this league he is a sunbury boy. Is this were you played last season??

WHY WOULD I BE ON THIS FORUM YOU ASK?
well that would be because apart from 1 year back in sunbury last season, i have played in the mmvca for 13 yrs and are back there this year. so thats why! if its ok with you thats is??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back