New Zealand in Australia

Re: New Zealand in Australia

Another pathetic shot from Warner sees him lose his wicket to Mills, caught at mid-off by Dan "the Man" Vettori.

1/4 in the 3rd. And Haddin does come out at number three, the perfect opportunity for us to show he can build an innings in ODI cricket.

Cricinfo described David Warner's shot as a "beach cricket slog", I don't think this experiment has worked very well.

Another pathetic shot from Warner sees him lose his wicket to Mills, caught at mid-off by Dan "the Man" Vettori.

1/4 in the 3rd. And Haddin does come out at number three, the perfect opportunity for us to show he can build an innings in ODI cricket.

Cricinfo described David Warner's shot as a "beach cricket slog", I don't think this experiment has worked very well.

Great partnership between Mike and Clarke.

Pup leading from the front, like a good skipper should.

Great partnership between Mike and Clarke.

Pup leading from the front, like a good skipper should.

Warner should be tried lower in the order IMO

If he fails there, then send him back to state cricket

Warner should be tried lower in the order IMO

If he fails there, then send him back to state cricket

I didn't think it was possible,but australia are worse off that i thought.
How the hell could we be 2-0 down against New Zealand?

I didn't think it was possible,but australia are worse off that i thought.
How the hell could we be 2-0 down against New Zealand?

Put Warner back to NSW and play an orthodox cricketer at the top. C.White is rubbish, he can't bat or bowl he's had enough chances.

Edit - Well done to the Kiwis, always play very well in this format.

Put Warner back to NSW and play an orthodox cricketer at the top. C.White is rubbish, he can't bat or bowl he's had enough chances.

Edit - Well done to the Kiwis, always play very well in this format.

NZ just too dominant really for us.

The bowl tight, conservative and discipline lines. Something that we really struggle with.

And then when they bat its pretty simple stuff. Block/leave the good balls, punish the poor deliveries and rotate the strike

ABC cricket

NZ just too dominant really for us.

The bowl tight, conservative and discipline lines. Something that we really struggle with.

And then when they bat its pretty simple stuff. Block/leave the good balls, punish the poor deliveries and rotate the strike

ABC cricket

grapedo;322367 said:
Sucked in to the aussies.

I know the feeling... I felt the same about South Africa when you choked in all those multiple World Cups, you know, the sort of ODI games that really mattered? :)

grapedo;322367 said:
Sucked in to the aussies.

I know the feeling... I felt the same about South Africa when you choked in all those multiple World Cups, you know, the sort of ODI games that really mattered? :)

Kram81;322355 said:

Dropping Warner could be the worst thing for him. He's clearly having doubts about his own ability. If he sees the selectors showing a little faith in him, it might free him up, as at the moment he is looking far too careful and worried about his innings. Compare that to his T20 debut.

There is no doubt that once the ODIs are over, however, he has to play some First Class cricket for NSW. It will teach him how to build an innings properly and improve his temperament.

As for White, sheesh, people are being harsh on him as well. When you're batting at 6 or 7, you're not going to score a heap of ODI hundreds. He averages 25 with the bat at a strike rate of 97 and averages 35 with the ball. He's not a star, but he deserves his spot.

Kram81;322355 said:

Dropping Warner could be the worst thing for him. He's clearly having doubts about his own ability. If he sees the selectors showing a little faith in him, it might free him up, as at the moment he is looking far too careful and worried about his innings. Compare that to his T20 debut.

There is no doubt that once the ODIs are over, however, he has to play some First Class cricket for NSW. It will teach him how to build an innings properly and improve his temperament.

As for White, sheesh, people are being harsh on him as well. When you're batting at 6 or 7, you're not going to score a heap of ODI hundreds. He averages 25 with the bat at a strike rate of 97 and averages 35 with the ball. He's not a star, but he deserves his spot.

BabyBlues;322485 said:

I agree. He hasn't really been given a decent chance as of yet. That 30 he scored was probably the first, and although he could only make 30 (from 55 if I recall) no-one else did much better. They could promote him for next match, although they probably won't as it is possibly the decider, or in a dead rubber and see how he goes. He is in there basically as a smasher at the end of the innings and is doing that decently. His bowling needs to become a little tighter though.

BabyBlues;322485 said:

I agree. He hasn't really been given a decent chance as of yet. That 30 he scored was probably the first, and although he could only make 30 (from 55 if I recall) no-one else did much better. They could promote him for next match, although they probably won't as it is possibly the decider, or in a dead rubber and see how he goes. He is in there basically as a smasher at the end of the innings and is doing that decently. His bowling needs to become a little tighter though.

Warner is only effective against average bowling ATM, the Kiwis aren't stupid and have worked him out. Give him one more go but IMO he's not up to it. He's only young, he'll feature somewhere in the future.

Warner is only effective against average bowling ATM, the Kiwis aren't stupid and have worked him out. Give him one more go but IMO he's not up to it. He's only young, he'll feature somewhere in the future.

BabyBlues;322485 said:

Aaaaawwww. The poor little ************. If you are not performing you get dropped. All this cotton wool treatment of younger players is ****************.

BabyBlues;322485 said:

Aaaaawwww. The poor little ************. If you are not performing you get dropped. All this cotton wool treatment of younger players is ****************.

Kram81;322550 said:

That's why he tore Dale Steyn to shreds on debut, right?

Kram81;322550 said:

That's why he tore Dale Steyn to shreds on debut, right?

Back