Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Dean3;352992 said:
Just a query - given that the NMCA AGM precedes the DVCA AGM, is it constitutional for the NMCA to 'throw out' Camrea from the competition, thus leaving them stranded if the DVCA vote against allowing them in? Or are the NMCA hell-bent on retaining Camrea?

Good question. I would find it hard to believe that a constitution would have provisions for the removal of a club from the competition on the basis that it wants to go to another competition. Anything is possible but I would add that there are some other competitions that would take them in their top grade straight away.

Snake;353017 said:
Good question. I would find it hard to believe that a constitution would have provisions for the removal of a club from the competition on the basis that it wants to go to another competition. Anything is possible but I would add that there are some other competitions that would take them in their top grade straight away.

this from camrea's presentation to the dvca, on dvca website

WHY?
Best Cricket Competition
Strong Administration
Offering greater challenges & opportunities for the development of all our members

NMCA should turf them out, (whilst they have the chance! lol) if that isnt treating your CURRENT comp with contempt I dont know what is.

Even though it seems likely that the DVCA will vote for their inclusion, excluding them from NMCA would at least mean that the NMCA clubs could vote on them re-entering the comp in the event that they are refused entry by DVCA.

If I were running the NMCA I would be putting this to the members at the AGM.

Camrea will be a mere shadow of the club that played in the NMCA in season 2008/09....Jesensek gone to Lalor Stars...now confirmed on DVCA site.

Will McGann stay and play in "B" Grade....think not!

Do they have the money to pay imports?

Will the team merely be Dad's Army with a smattering of younger guys.

Also, interesting to see how their juniors cope with Saturday Morning play as opposed to Friday nights????

Reckon the NMCA should exclude them, and if their application to DVCA is rejected, they need to reapply....and enter them into "C" Grade as a new entrant!!!.........now that would be interesting.:cool:

Campaigner;353025 said:
Camrea will be a mere shadow of the club that played in the NMCA in season 2008/09....Jesensek gone to Lalor Stars...now confirmed on DVCA site.

Will McGann stay and play in "B" Grade....think not!

Do they have the money to pay imports?

Will the team merely be Dad's Army with a smattering of younger guys.

Also, interesting to see how their juniors cope with Saturday Morning play as opposed to Friday nights????

Reckon the NMCA should exclude them, and if their application to DVCA is rejected, they need to reapply....and enter them into "C" Grade as a new entrant!!!.........now that would be interesting.:cool:

wat a rabble the comp would be, if camrea were to leave, replaced by cobras in A Grade :0 would the cobras say no to going up??? would they rather earn there spot by winning a flag? same goes with the other teams that will be asked to go up.

Looking at some of the comments in here no wonder Camrea wants to get out of the comp. By the way Dean 3 can you please advise when any NMCA club has voted for the inclusion or exclusion of any club?

northmetroboy;353020 said:

WHY?
Best Cricket Competition
Strong Administration
Offering greater challenges & opportunities for the development of all our members

NMCA should turf them out, (whilst they have the chance! lol) if that isnt treating your CURRENT comp with contempt I dont know what is.

Do you care to challenge any of these points as I think it would be good for us to get a better understanding of your thoughts in comparing DVCA v NMCA? Are any of these points misleading? Please eloborate for us.

Dean3;353024 said:
Even though it seems likely that the DVCA will vote for their inclusion, excluding them from NMCA would at least mean that the NMCA clubs could vote on them re-entering the comp in the event that they are refused entry by DVCA.

If I were running the NMCA I would be putting this to the members at the AGM.

I am with you Dean If you can't beat Camrea on the cricket field then best try beating them off it;)

northmetroboy;353020 said:

WHY?
Best Cricket Competition
Strong Administration

Turf them out! You’re joking. If they don’t get (I think they will) we should find out why they wanted to leave. The two strongest clubs want to go, one has and it looks like the other will. Why? The comp needs to find out answers otherwise other clubs could and will follow.
It is all well and good to wave bye bye because you didn’t like them but the next clubs to become strong could very well follow their lead. Imagine Keon Park and Holy Trinity pulling up stumps next season. It’s time Bill and his boys looked in the mirror, they may not find the comp has done wrong but if they don’t investigate they are leaving us in a very vulnerable position.

Wispers;353047 said:
Turf them out! You’re joking. If they don’t get (I think they will) we should find out why they wanted to leave. The two strongest clubs want to go, one has and it looks like the other will. Why? The comp needs to find out answers otherwise other clubs could and will follow.
It is all well and good to wave bye bye because you didn’t like them but the next clubs to become strong could very well follow their lead. Imagine Keon Park and Holy Trinity pulling up stumps next season. It’s time Bill and his boys looked in the mirror, they may not find the comp has done wrong but if they don’t investigate they are leaving us in a very vulnerable position.

WELL SAID, this would have to go down as one of, if not the greatest and most sensible quote ever posted.

I agree. It is the most sensible thing I have read on this site.
The ball will be in the new presidents (G.S.) court.

Wispers;353047 said:

Good post mate, I hope other people read this and understand what this site is all about. We dont have to bag clubs just for the sake of it. We all like coming on here reading the post because we love cricket and want to know whats going on. A few guys on here should take a leaf out of your book great post..

Wispers;353047 said:

Lets move on.

Informant;353026 said:
wat a rabble the comp would be, if camrea were to leave, replaced by cobras in A Grade :0 would the cobras say no to going up??? would they rather earn there spot by winning a flag? same goes with the other teams that will be asked to go up.

We will play where we get put !
No dramas with us if the association can attract a club and put them into A grade no dramas if not we will play wherever we get fixtured !

Wispers;353047 said:

Camrea got up in front of all the clubs at the meeting about 1 month or so ago, and told everyone that they are wanting to leave because they feel that there is no competition for them here and they would just dominate. They also admitted that this is not the first time that they have tried to joint DVCA.

It think it is coincidence that Camrea and Rosebank have left at the end of the same season. If Greensborough didn't join DVCA then Camrea would still be on the outer as far as the DVCA is/was concerned.

That's a pretty good summary False ID.
They could still be on the outer of the DVCA depending on how the clubs vote.

any other player movements happening at the moment? i know jesensek from camrea and perera from b/ballers in a grade r going to lalor stars and lancaster to macleod....any others in a or b grade and even c for that matter?????

Shall we clarify a few things here, yes, I think we should.

Firstly, this is a not a 'rumour' site as one member has so (in)eloquently put it. Yes, people post snippets of information but for the most part anything which is considered to be gossip is frowned upon.

Secondly, if you wish to post things which could be seen as libellous or defamatory then you will have you post edited or removed. As I have pointed out to others, you may believe that you're posting anonymously on here but everything is tracked in case someone does wish to matters further.

In the event of this happening, it won't be the site with questions to answer but the originator of the post. With this in mind, I strongly advise that people think before they post.

You have already had this thread removed (maybe less than a month ago) and I have no hesitation in removing it for good if the crap continues.

mas cambios;353944 said:
Shall we clarify a few things here, yes, I think we should.

Firstly, this is a not a 'rumour' site as one member has so (in)eloquently put it. Yes, people post snippets of information but for the most part anything which is considered to be gossip is frowned upon.

Secondly, if you wish to post things which could be seen as libellous or defamatory then you will have you post edited or removed. As I have pointed out to others, you may believe that you're posting anonymously on here but everything is tracked in case someone does wish to matters further.

In the event of this happening, it won't be the site with questions to answer but the originator of the post. With this in mind, I strongly advise that people think before they post.

You have already had this thread removed (maybe less than a month ago) and I have no hesitation in removing it for good if the crap continues.

That's a little unfair isn't it?

All that was asked was for confirmation of something that the user heard was true, or not, and he got his answer from another user in a very formal tone.

Rumours will forever continue to occur for as long as time itself, and the only way to separate it into fact or fiction is to address it in a public environment.

BigCricket is a public site, and this thread is also a public environment. A very convenient one at that. And its far more efficient to ask it here than to make a public meeting, which can take a week or longer to properly organise, and get together just to ask if certain players have left Holy Trinity.

As far as degrogatory statements go, I can understand not allowing that, but I don't think that what was used was offensive, but moreso just making the nameless person more specific.

Now, on a side note, the NMCA AGM was tonight, I'm interested to hear about the fallout from that, I would be very suprised if Bill Anderson is still president, but I could be wrong.

Easty91;353983 said:
Now, on a side note, the NMCA AGM was tonight, I'm interested to hear about the fallout from that, I would be very suprised if Bill Anderson is still president, but I could be wrong.

Bill Anderson has never been President.
The word I have is that a person with the initials G.S will be President and Bill will continue to do what he has been doing.

Back