South A and B 2010/2011

Yeh Rudge is an interesting one, obviously he is on good coin etc but as a captain coach you'd like to think he can input a bit more than just as a professional player. Does he think he is only there in case Anderson or Broad get an injury in the Ashes?
Parky obviously started well and would be $1.20 to make finals but have that mental hurdle to overcome after losing the Semi last yr. To me the bowling looks strong but they're maybe a batsman short at the moment..time will tell. No idea who the 6 new blokes are at Hampton so will wait until I see them. Heatherton have lost Perera, Dingley dont seem to ever improve and Aspendale are like a yo/yo, up one year then down the next. No idea on Carnegie. For me, it's Parkdale's to lose. Not sure if they have ever been above South A before but this is their greatest opportunity due to the lack of serious contenders.

Your right don't think they have been above south a either. To be fair last year in the semi they only lost it because mentone swung from the ass knowing the rain was coming got away with so many top edgesover slips/French cuts they chanced there arms and it came off for them and the fact parky purchased the biggest and best covers in the world! Missed out on reverting to normal conditions by 1 over and had to chase over 200 from 30 odd overs so I don't think there is a mental hurdle there we will see :)

so was just looking at the 7 day forecast... Rain predicted again for Saturday, 80% chance of rain 40-80mm on weatherzone when will it end?

A melbourne 7 day forecast can mean anything!! Any opinions on weekends results, had a quick look in a Hampton v Benna, it may have been his 7th or 8th over but i wouldnt slip Rudge in the rapid section.2nd 5 for of the year and still no win on the board.Looked like a good win for Hampton.Parkdale already looking strong.

A melbourne 7 day forecast can mean anything!! Any opinions on weekends results, had a quick look in a Hampton v Benna, it may have been his 7th or 8th over but i wouldnt slip Rudge in the rapid section.2nd 5 for of the year and still no win on the board.Looked like a good win for Hampton.Parkdale already looking strong.

they've actually been pretty spot on with the forecasts the past month... fingers crossed would love a 2 day game.

Again he didnt bowl quick? he didnt bowl quick against us in the first game either... we just thought he didnt try cause the pitch had nothing in it for him... maybe has a slight niggle? because 2 years ago he was the quickest thing going around. He still bowls good lines though. must've been a sticky at hampton. Beena off to a shaky start seeings we thought they would be contenders. Carnegie might be alright hit a decent score but never played at there ground so not sure if thats a good total aspendale will be hit and miss all there top order go VERY hard at it and chance there arm. Wont comment on parky... :)

The other game I think went as expected.

Carnegie & Hampton seem to be travelling well in the one completed match, interested to see who Hampton have, and Carnegie have a decent cricketer to play around. Parky might need to get a few players match ready, I've been kicking my heels for the first two games, good to watch, had a bit at at square leg, but haven't hit many....

Carnegie & Hampton seem to be travelling well in the one completed match, interested to see who Hampton have, and Carnegie have a decent cricketer to play around. Parky might need to get a few players match ready, I've been kicking my heels for the first two games, good to watch, had a bit at at square leg, but haven't hit many....

You might be struggling with the form the top order is in for parky! might have to shot gun a few of the boys out from square leg on those close stumpings/run outs haha

You might be struggling with the form the top order is in for parky! might have to shot gun a few of the boys out from square leg on those close stumpings/run outs haha

Don't think our Keeper would agree, seeing as he's claiming three legside stumpings turned down by opposition teams at square leg (fair enough too) and he opens the batting- sure he'd be delighted to be fired by me grinning at him then doing the bolt to put the pads on!

Don't think our Keeper would agree, seeing as he's claiming three legside stumpings turned down by opposition teams at square leg (fair enough too) and he opens the batting- sure he'd be delighted to be fired by me grinning at him then doing the bolt to put the pads on!

I know this i was the one who missed out on the weekend on one of those stumpings and another over! ;)

I played Rudgey maybe 3 seasons ago, and genuinely quick then, but English cricket; he's probably been bowled into the ground and you don't get quicker in your late 20's. Still the one he bowled at my tit, full bung, in the first match scared the absolute bejeezus out of me! Bit quick for the umpire too, after going 50 feet straight up over the keepers head, off the shoulder of my bat he called it leg byes!!!!

I played Rudgey maybe 3 seasons ago, and genuinely quick then, but English cricket; he's probably been bowled into the ground and you don't get quicker in your late 20's. Still the one he bowled at my tit, full bung, in the first match scared the absolute bejeezus out of me! Bit quick for the umpire too, after going 50 feet straight up over the keepers head, off the shoulder of my bat he called it leg byes!!!!

it was funny watching that from the other end! or even the slowest bouncer in the world that you swiped at 3 times before it hit you in the helmet, valuable leg bye that one!

So in review....Rd 3 Tips 2 from 4...not so convincing hey Sledge....geez carry on about a 4 syllable word... I hope I spelt that right?!?! I'd hate to get 15 messages about the correct spelling!!!
Anyway
Heatherton solid
Hampton scraped through
Parky easy
Carnegie convincingly!!! Who would have thought!?!?
Carnegie maybe the surprise packet....maybe we'll find out more this weekend ...if they get on!
Might do some form and put up my tips for Rd 4 later in the week...any scratchings???

So in review....Rd 3 Tips 2 from 4...not so convincing hey Sledge....geez carry on about a 4 syllable word... I hope I spelt that right?!?! I'd hate to get 15 messages about the correct spelling!!!
Anyway
Heatherton solid
Hampton scraped through
Parky easy
Carnegie convincingly!!! Who would have thought!?!?
Carnegie maybe the surprise packet....maybe we'll find out more this weekend ...if they get on!
Might do some form and put up my tips for Rd 4 later in the week...any scratchings???

why bother it's a washout!

Back