South A and B 2010/2011

Shining light over the weekend for Aspendale was Tim "Yowie" Yeowart, with his 40*. Been a loyal servant to the Aspendale boys over the years, smokey for the team of the year.

Shining light over the weekend for Aspendale was Tim "Yowie" Yeowart, with his 40*. Been a loyal servant to the Aspendale boys over the years, smokey for the team of the year.

What happened to the young quick? Is he still playing or gone elsewhere?

Also boys, great to see issues of the South dominating discussion for once.

Yeowart? Is that the bloke who looks like he has been hit in the face with a shovel?

Sounds like he has talent in other departments because looks aint one!

Looked at the results and brett the young quick from Aspendale played on the weekend AB 5 star. That yeowart blokes a hack.

Good to hear Charlie Hogan is back at Bonny, so bonny have at least one good bloke in there side now.

A melbourne 7 day forecast can mean anything!! Any opinions on weekends results, had a quick look in a Hampton v Benna, it may have been his 7th or 8th over but i wouldnt slip Rudge in the rapid section.2nd 5 for of the year and still no win on the board.Looked like a good win for Hampton.Parkdale already looking strong.
Rumor that u should have been playing in that game underarm? Or u doing around the grounds like sledge?

they've actually been pretty spot on with the forecasts the past month... fingers crossed would love a 2 day game.

Again he didnt bowl quick? he didnt bowl quick against us in the first game either... we just thought he didnt try cause the pitch had nothing in it for him... maybe has a slight niggle? because 2 years ago he was the quickest thing going around. He still bowls good lines though. must've been a sticky at hampton. Beena off to a shaky start seeings we thought they would be contenders. Carnegie might be alright hit a decent score but never played at there ground so not sure if that good total aspendale will be hit and miss all there top order go VERY hard at it and chance there arm. Wont comment on parky... :)

The other game I think went as expected.

Underarm bowler reckons no sticky at Hampton v Beena just a rusty Hampton and an ordinary Beena batting line up!

Qball you are right ...late pull out due to family (kids) sickness...if i'd have done that in first place would of been ok!!!
I think i'm saving myself for late season run in when the rain stops...and only paying half subs!
Hampton as usual easy get out shots and putting faith in bowling attack to do business.Those playing said Rudge did ball some good pace and heat early.

Had to laugh to myself when i saw the parky v aspendale scores. I've always liked the parky boys, and the less said about aspendale the better. As far as the great the great Rudge debate goes, i think this guy might need his own thread.
I faced him a few years back and hadn't heard a thing about him, walked away thinking he was very slippery.

Qball you are right ...late pull out due to family (kids) sickness...if i'd have done that in first place would of been ok!!!
I think i'm saving myself for late season run in when the rain stops...and only paying half subs!
Hampton as usual easy get out shots and putting faith in bowling attack to do business.Those playing said Rudge did ball some good pace and heat early.
Quick as darrall brown or Wayne white? I think not...
Fair call on the family thou!

Today has again highlighted the ridiculous nature of the draw in South A and B. 7 2 dayers which have now turned into 3, and at least 10 one day games. And if anybody is good and/or lucky enough to excel in the short game, you get to play a 4 day grand final. Something doesnt quite add up

Today has again highlighted the ridiculous nature of the draw in South A and B. 7 2 dayers which have now turned into 3, and at least 10 one day games. And if anybody is good and/or lucky enough to excel in the short game, you get to play a 4 day grand final. Something doesnt quite add up
Can't score quick runs rat?

Rat i hear your frustrations, hard to explain to our overseas that it doesn't always rain. I actually sit on the other side of the fence when it comes to 2 day cricket at this level (meaning vtca).I think far more people would find it interesting to play a 45 over comp and keep people from giving it up.

Rat i hear your frustrations, hard to explain to our overseas that it doesn't always rain. I actually sit on the other side of the fence when it comes to 2 day cricket at this level (meaning vtca).I think far more people would find it interesting to play a 45 over comp and keep people from giving it up.

yeah I'm with you Trevor, at my age, 80 overs doesn't make the game all that appealing. 45 overs with a 12:30pm start makes sense. But it'll never happen in the VTCA....

yeah I'm with you Trevor, at my age, 80 overs doesn't make the game all that appealing. 45 overs with a 12:30pm start makes sense. But it'll never happen in the VTCA....

The reason it does not happen in the VTCA is that not enough Clubs are interested.
Every Season the affiliation form has a section for a 1 day Saturday competition.
3 seasons ago they tried it and it fell apart from lack of interest, last season they didn't get enough interest, this season from what I have been told they had 3 Clubs in the North and 5 in the South who wanted to play and had grounds available to play on but didn't want to travel. The VTCA does run a 1 day competition on a Sunday. If you are desperate to play 1 day cricket the option is there. I am sure that if they got enough entries from genuinely interested Clubs who had grounds available on a Saturday they would fixture it. Ultimately it's the Clubs that determine these things by their interest and actions not the VTCA.

The reason it does not happen in the VTCA is that not enough Clubs are interested.
Every Season the affiliation form has a section for a 1 day Saturday competition.
3 seasons ago they tried it and it fell apart from lack of interest, last season they didn't get enough interest, this season from what I have been told they had 3 Clubs in the North and 5 in the South who wanted to play and had grounds available to play on but didn't want to travel. The VTCA does run a 1 day competition on a Sunday. If you are desperate to play 1 day cricket the option is there. I am sure that if they got enough entries from genuinely interested Clubs who had grounds available on a Saturday they would fixture it. Ultimately it's the Clubs that determine these things by their interest and actions not the VTCA.

Fair point! What's the odds of having like they do in district cricket a one day comp and a two day comp in the same season... Maybe play one day final in January then concentrate on the 2 day games coming into finals?? I think it would give some different teams an opportunity to play finals and give some purpose of actually playing the 40 over game during the season?? Also the t20 comp is an awesome idea I just think it should be a round robin affair. It's a good revenue raiser for clubs and obviously sparks alot of interest in park cricket

Back