South A and B 2010/2011

Just an average bunch of blokes DaleHack, some clearly just wanting confrontation and all in all a rabble.I won't get started on the clown playing in a Red Bull cap backwards!

Bonbeach big losers of the weekend!! 3 points spread around means last rd is big. Parky and hamp to fight out who gets home final..

The were the big losers by losing, 8 wickets in 10 overs in teh second dig gave them a heap of bonus points. They got 50% mroe points than those teams who didnt play - and they only made 78 runs!!! Ahhhhh bonus points - just promoting terrific cricket

The were the big losers by losing, 8 wickets in 10 overs in teh second dig gave them a heap of bonus points. They got 50% mroe points than those teams who didnt play - and they only made 78 runs!!! Ahhhhh bonus points - just promoting terrific cricket

maybe we should keep bonus points and deduct bonus points for infractions such as backwards wearing red bull caps, crap sledges, reverse sweeps, consistent bowling down the leg side, poor afternoon tea stamdards and sundry other elements that detract from the standard of cricket and it's enjoyment???

maybe we should keep bonus points and deduct bonus points for infractions such as backwards wearing red bull caps, crap sledges, reverse sweeps, consistent bowling down the leg side, poor afternoon tea stamdards and sundry other elements that detract from the standard of cricket and it's enjoyment???

I am with you DalesHack.
The irony of the guy wearing the backwards Red Bull cap was the fact that we had a visit from the Red Bull girls during the game. Obviously South A2 was the best sport being paleyd in Melbourne on the weekend, so they rocked up to hand out some samples. If the bloke had his hat on the right way he might have got extras!!!

They obviously didn't bother venturing into Kingston Council I mean why bother- you could only hand out freebies to lawn bowls clubs- and the risk of heart palpitations would probably deter them.
By the way Rat'n'Bat- Gerry Green reserve is currently half submerged with a blocked drain, resulting in our draw on the weekend- it has been alerted to Kingston Council- whether they act in time for this weekend is a big if- we currently have no practice nets also as a reslut- will keep you posted dueing the week.

Just an average bunch of blokes DaleHack, some clearly just wanting confrontation and all in all a rabble.I won't get started on the clown playing in a Red Bull cap backwards!
I thought it was a once off when I saw him. How can some who doesn't ball, bats at 11 sledge like he was is the next Ricky Ponting?

A fair few lacked class is the last thing I'll say...

Doesnt sound good DalesHack. It looked pretty ordinary when we drove past on Saturday.
I wouldnt rely on anybody from Aspendale to help you dry the ground though mate. We were trying to brush and squeegy the water away on Saturday(it was no good). They were in the rooms playing cards. Didnt even have lines marked!!!

Doesnt sound good DalesHack. It looked pretty ordinary when we drove past on Saturday.
I wouldnt rely on anybody from Aspendale to help you dry the ground though mate. We were trying to brush and squeegy the water away on Saturday(it was no good). They were in the rooms playing cards. Didnt even have lines marked!!!

Thats not unusual for them they only prepare it when it suits

The big letdown for us was having a belter of a wicket prepared, and no chance of playing! I mean as a club we get great support from members volunteering and doing a great job on the track with no help from Council, then let down by the Council with ground maintenance- wasn't a big game or anything- only Second hosting First two games out from the finals. And then they have gall to tell you they've seen a decrease in cricket participation in the last few years???? Rucking Focket Scientists!!!

Although Sledge you'd think being bottom of the ladder with 2 games to go would be a perfect time for it to suit them to get a wicket/ground up for play.Clearly not.

Mate, there was no chance of playing....

DISAGREE!!

Yeah me too mate, have had some classic battles with the Aspendale boys over the years, and don't think you can tar a club with a few blokes filling in for the seconds. Time was Aspendale were the benchmark for cricket in the VTCA/VJCA South region, and as a young player I learned a fair bit about cricket watching these blokes. Hopefully they can address the issues down there and rise up again.
Played against Hampton over the years and they have had their fair share of champions and good blokes also, mind you they had two fair whackers by the name of Chernokeef make the Saturday afternoon a complete joke also.....

Yes played against cherna... Interesting man to say the least!
Aspy remind me of a southern Footy league club... But yes harsh to throw allin the one box!!

Aspendale are and always been a pack of ferals and will deserve being in south B...

Not sure if south b would want them either. Might be time for the vtca to boot them off to the ddca. They may have had some decent players 5 to 10 years ago, but they've always been a pack of half witted morons.

Not sure if south b would want them either. Might be time for the vtca to boot them off to the ddca. They may have had some decent players 5 to 10 years ago, but they've always been a pack of half witted morons.
come on mate! every team has dick heads, look at Hampton's 2nds they have a few from the last game! and their weak pommie blokes are dicks, can they even back there little comments up with what they had to say on saturday??

So, Who has any thoughts on how the table will look after the final round this week?? big week for some teams.

some say Aspendale should be booted out the league but lets be fair guys, they are dominating the 2nds...

Back