South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

Johnson removes Smith LBW for 105, top innings by Smith, Kallis joins the crease.

Smith has made 153 runs this test match.

breeno;296692 said:
South Africa are 2/174

what a great set up going into the last day 187 more runs for the saffas, or seven wickets for the aussies, to state the blatant obvious how big is the first hour tomorrow.

Man, this is a little closer than I would've hoped.

187 runs to get with 7 in hand is achievable.

Lets hope for quick wickets in the morn.

They need Kallis and De Villiers gone with the lead more than 100-120. Boucher can play a bit with his back to the wall and apparently Duminy is pretty good, but the SAf. tail isn't much, I think De Villiers holds the key, SAf. need him to have a big innings, he's a classy player, we know he can do it.

Biggie;296720 said:
Man, this is a little closer than I would've hoped.

187 runs to get with 7 in hand is achievable.

Lets hope for quick wickets in the morn.
I reckon it will be a drawn match. Too close to call.

breeno;296721 said:
They need Kallis and De Villiers gone with the lead more than 100-120. Boucher can play a bit with his back to the wall and apparently Duminy is pretty good, but the SAf. tail isn't much, I think De Villiers holds the key, SAf. need him to have a big innings, he's a classy player, we know he can do it.
Yeah spot on. I reckon that could happen.

Might put my neck out on this but here is my prediciton:

Kallis to guide the SAFs to a fighting victory and one of the highest run chases of all time. Will dominate our bowling tomorrow.

:(

Kallis needs to make a good score but I believe the innings may lie with De Villiers. If he makes a 50-100, I believe SAf. will win the test match, wheras Kallis can make a good score and they may still lose.

Jolldo87;296826 said:
So South Africa will bat out a draw by going at less than 2 runs per over? :rolleyes:

You never know with Kallis ;)

I think we'll get a quick wicket, they'll rebuild, but then we'll take a couple of quick ones and then kill the tail. Australia to win by 55 runs.

Just leaking runs at the moment, need a break through and soon. Johnson with the new ball could be the go.

Kallis gets his 50.

Kallis and De Villiers batting very well, Im impressed with De Villiers, good temperament. If we get one of these two out before the lead is less than 70 I'd back us to win.

Back