Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

who is Young willli lad?... btw Jimmy Knight ( one of the poms u guys got ) should be playing 1's

The Field;377075 said:
If Steve Viccars can make runs, it musn't have been that good a bowling conditions. ;)

Bit harsh Field. Steve is currently sitting 6th on the runs made aggregate column over both groups.

Piston Broke;376983 said:
Agree Saturday/Sunday games better after xmas as in the past.
With the fixturing,everyone plays each other pre xmas,ie 13 weeks of play,say 5 2 dayers inc a sat/sun game after xmas,maybe the higher placed teams could play each other somehow to even things up,sort of like a seeded system.
I just reckon we have to think outside the square sometimes as so many games are decided and/or ruined by the toss of a coin.

thats a pretty stupid idea your seeded system, so you want some of the good teams to miss out on finals and the ordinary temas to make it cuz they get a better fixture? how about the good teams play the ordinary teams twice so the best 4 teams make the finals... like the tennis: i dont see federer playing nadal in the first round to even it up a bit.. give me a spell piston

I didn't expect the spanish inquisition!,just an idea for discussion,don't be so negative.
You might find seeded draws are more widely used than you think,EFL use it well,eliminates too many mismatches.
Perhaps you just want to beat up on sunshine every week hero.

bucket head;377130 said:
ywl ,would have tried to sound you out if i was there .....not good enough these days .....just filling the void in the lower grades these days....lol

Fair enough, i had money on it that you were Beshara because he does have a bucket head and apparently the big unit was asking which one i was after the game. I might have seen you for a couple of mins out at Harry Trot on the weekend under water if you play in the lower grades although somebody thinks you are Carter the 6 dismissal man from the weekend.

Chuck;377182 said:
who is Young willli lad?... btw Jimmy Knight ( one of the poms u guys got ) should be playing 1's

Im nobody important.
And yes James made a very good start for us and you would think he would find himself in a higher XI this weekend.

Anyone see Cam Christiansen from the wick tear it up against the Monders on Tuesday? Hit a couple of huge sixes against Beshara's boys in a good win.

Puppeteer;377198 said:
Bit harsh Field. Steve is currently sitting 6th on the runs made aggregate column over both groups.

standard of bowling must have dropped dramatically in the group if he's made runs

King Of The Subs;377284 said:
Anyone see Cam Christiansen from the wick tear it up against the Monders on Tuesday? Hit a couple of huge sixes against Beshara's boys in a good win.

Sorry Cam, didn't get down to EP to watch you bat. Well done though. :D

King Of The Subs;377284 said:

cam christiansen is a half back flanker:rolleyes:

fmr_13;377139 said:
OP's beat Brunswick by 7 wickets tonight.

Did you get a gig though fmr_13 and if so how did you go? I guessing you may have reeked a bit of carnage with the ball. Yes/No?

onemoreover;377490 said:
Did you get a gig though fmr_13 and if so how did you go? I guessing you may have reeked a bit of carnage with the ball. Yes/No?

I was selected but pulled out to rest my back. Its been pretty tender and the Saturday Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday playing schedule did not look particularly enticing.

fmr_13;377506 said:
I was selected but pulled out to rest my back. Its been pretty tender and the Saturday Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday playing schedule did not look particularly enticing.

Thats a shame, I think you would be a very handy T20 bowler. But the back is important, can't be silly with it for sure.

Looks like tomorrows games could be ruined again,but a quick review anyway,
Elsty v Willy-don't think the Gulls are the side they were but will tip them anyway.
Ormond v Yarra-Beshara v Love,impossible to pick a winner here,.for the sake of a tip,Yarra.
Melton v Altona-a replay of last years final with flag favouritism at stake,will stick with the home side in a ripper.
Sunshine v Brighton-reckon the visitors would be eyeing off 10 points here
,Caulfield vMalvern-the battle of the South,both sides flying,will go Malvern,interesting to see how Bhatt goes against class opposition.
Kingston Sts v Broady-no idea here,pass or a tie.
Werribee v Moorabbin-should be a another close one,Moorabbin probablyhave the better record so will stick with them.
If anyone can pick the set they must be clairvoyant,bloody impossible,just hope the weather doesn't intervene.
Good luck all.

Can anyone confirm that Simon Beshara was reported last week while batting. If he was he's not setting a great example to the young players at Ormond.

southern sledge;378151 said:
Can anyone confirm that Simon Beshara was reported last week while batting. If he was he's not setting a great example to the young players at Ormond.

hahaha the flat track bully is at it again............what a weapon.......:eek:

southern sledge;378151 said:

Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back