Subbies season 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subbies season 09/10

Piston Broke;382064 said:
Offer me some alternatives then for no.5 and no.6,went for Street as he's a competant bat at 3 or 4.
A few years ago Hodges was probably in the top 2 or 3 players in the comp,class keeper and very dangerous bat if he got going although doesn't make a lot of runs nowadays.
P toe,you see plenty of Travaglia,why the set against him?

Hodges is still an outstanding keeper.
His batting has been patchy of late but still very dangerous, although i would definetely go for Street because of his superior record with the bat in recent times. But guys give Piston a break its just his opinion and its extremely hard to pick a team of the year and everyone has differnet opinions on each player.

Thanks YWL,opinions are like arseholes,everyone's got one,don't mind being proven wrong as long as you can back it up with facts.
For the record,Gill 293@48 and17@16,P.Thomas 195@21 and18@13 are two who could go in for sure.
Thomas has been around for years at various clubs but can someone fill me in on Gill,never seen him play?

Piston Broke;382075 said:
Thanks YWL,opinions are like arseholes,everyone's got one,don't mind being proven wrong as long as you can back it up with facts.
For the record,Gill 293@48 and17@16,P.Thomas 195@21 and18@13 are two who could go in for sure.
Thomas has been around for years at various clubs but can someone fill me in on Gill,never seen him play?

Isn't it his first year of subbies after playing at Northcote ?

Young Willi Lad;382073 said:
Hodges is still an outstanding keeper.
His batting has been patchy of late but still very dangerous, although i would definetely go for Street because of his superior record with the bat in recent times. But guys give Piston a break its just his opinion and its extremely hard to pick a team of the year and everyone has differnet opinions on each player.

Patchy of late??? Your kiddin he's done nothing with the bat for years & years.....Disgraceful???:eek:

fmr_13;382252 said:
Isn't it his first year of subbies after playing at Northcote ?

Nah its his second i think.
He definetely played for Kew last year.
And PB he is a left arm bowler short and pretty stocky and bowls with some decent wheels and he is an attacking 5 or 6 left handed batsman.

For the record,tips for Round8 are,Willy v Yarra-Probably the game of the round,will stick with Willy after their outright over Moorabbin,whoever loses will struggle to make it so vital game for both sides.
Elsternwick v Altona-The visitors are flag faves in my opinion and should be too good.
Ormond v Brighton-Brighton too good esp. at Brighton
Melton v Malvern-woops ,this probably game of the round,dead set toss up,will go Melton over the silvertails.
Sunshine v Broady-tipsters nightmare,gonna Tip the Crows,cant believe I just said that.
Caulfield v Werribee-one dayers can throw up a surprise but not here,the ladder leaders to go on their merry way.
Kingston Saints v Moorabbin-impossible,the binners confidence might be shot so maybe Kingston but with no confidence whatsoever.
Will have a detailed look at the probable finishes after this round.

Piston Broke;383727 said:
For the record,tips for Round8 are,Willy v Yarra-Probably the game of the round,will stick with Willy after their outright over Moorabbin,whoever loses will struggle to make it so vital game for both sides.
Elsternwick v Altona-The visitors are flag faves in my opinion and should be too good.
Melton v Malvern-woops ,this probably game of the round,dead set toss up,will go Melton over the silvertails.
Sunshine v Broady-tipsters nightmare,gonna Tip the Crows,cant believe I just said that.
Caulfield v Werribee-one dayers can throw up a surprise but not here,the ladder leaders to go on their merry way.
Kingston Saints v Moorabbin-impossible,the binners confidence might be shot so maybe Kingston but with no confidence whatsoever.

Should be a cracker round some really close matches on paper.

Young Willi Lad;381776 said:
Oh and as somebody said before Goldmsith aka anchorman is overseas in Japan i think and is being missed big time by Box Hill.
Does anyone know where Justin Farrow has gone?
Because in my opinion he was as equally important as Goldsmith for Box Hill.
Farrow retired along with Fortington. Goldsmith in Japan. A Blake injured and out for season and possibly longer. Box Hill have 2 15 yr olds batting 5 and 6. No longer in contention!

Mad Quick;383952 said:
Farrow retired along with Fortington. Goldsmith in Japan. A Blake injured and out for season and possibly longer. Box Hill have 2 15 yr olds batting 5 and 6. No longer in contention!

thank god 4 that

Piston Broke;383727 said:

just looking at the willy score.........

8/80 odd and make 1fiddy obst clemson and new boy bailey getting handy runs down the bottom
yarra 3/120 and get rolled.......my man rupy with a hattrick........:eek:

good stuff i feel something big comming up for my former club with some big names in the 2's going ok as well.......

south west group is about to get turned on its head by the willy boys.......;)
i remember last time in this group caulfield were top melton 2nd a's 3rd willy 4th.......and we all know what happened.........:rolleyes:

Question is mate,can the Willy boys do it without the big ship at the top of the order?Time will tell.
Must have been a topsy turvy game all right,3/120 chasing 150,shades of Pakistan.
Interesting to compare the 2 groups looking ahead,S/W is impossible to predict,N/E looks settled with 4th and 5th up for grabs.
Only 1 game separates 2nd to seventh,amazingly tight,could even stay the same with Malvern facing a tough draw having to play Elsty,Willy,Yarra and Altona.
Exciting times ahead.

Piston Broke;383998 said:
Question is mate,can the Willy boys do it without the big ship at the top of the order?Time will tell.
Must have been a topsy turvy game all right,3/120 chasing 150,shades of Pakistan.
Interesting to compare the 2 groups looking ahead,S/W is impossible to predict,N/E looks settled with 4th and 5th up for grabs.
Only 1 game separates 2nd to seventh,amazingly tight,could even stay the same with Malvern facing a tough draw having to play Elsty,Willy,Yarra and Altona.
Exciting times ahead.

hahaha im as slow as 1........and turn like 1 too.......:eek:

who are the hatch medal favs..........

bartlett for mine........

Yep,Bartlett having a top year,your mate Sheeds and Love from our side would be up there.
Round 9 sees another 1 dayer,looks to be 4 close ones and 3 not so close.
Altona v Willy in the match of the day,Stick with the home side after a surprising loss to Elsty last week,notice no Obst for Willy which could be the diff.
Brighton v Elsty-slight leaning to the visitors here,have a couple of big scalps so far,a very tight game though.
Malvern v Ormond-what's the record for a 1 dayer,if the Roosters bat 1st,look out.
Broady v Melton-could get ugly with Meltons bats starting to hit their straps.
Werribee v Sunshine-you would think Werribee would win but I've a funny feeling the visitors might make it 2 in a row,[my medication must be wearing off]
Kingston Saints v Caulfield-will never ever tip the Saints,will need Mary McKillop to perform another miracle.
Moorabbin v Yarra-tough one to finish with,Yarra threw away the points last week and may struggle on the road,will stick with Moorabbin.
Any other posters care to haVE A crack?

Piston Broke;384438 said:
Yep,Bartlett having a top year,your mate Sheeds and Love from our side would be up there.
Round 9 sees another 1 dayer,looks to be 4 close ones and 3 not so close.
Altona v Willy in the match of the day,Stick with the home side after a surprising loss to Elsty last week,notice no Obst for Willy which could be the diff.
Brighton v Elsty-slight leaning to the visitors here,have a couple of big scalps so far,a very tight game though.
Malvern v Ormond-what's the record for a 1 dayer,if the Roosters bat 1st,look out.
Broady v Melton-could get ugly with Meltons bats starting to hit their straps.
Werribee v Sunshine-you would think Werribee would win but I've a funny feeling the visitors might make it 2 in a row,[my medication must be wearing off]
Kingston Saints v Caulfield-will never ever tip the Saints,will need Mary McKillop to perform another miracle.
Moorabbin v Yarra-tough one to finish with,Yarra threw away the points last week and may struggle on the road,will stick with Moorabbin.
Any other posters care to haVE A crack?

Should be another cracking round.
I'd have disagree with a couple of tips, Wbee and Yarra to get up for mine.
Altona v Willy should be a cracker, last round of last year saw a 1 dayer between these two sides which over 500 runs were scored.
Yeah Obst out which is a blow and a very young side with 5 kids, 18 or younger playing for the Towners.
Good luck to all sides.

With 4 rounds to go thought give brief summary of south clubs.
Caulfield. clearly pick of the south. Base success on getting ready made plauyers. Little coming through but best balance of older players.
Malvern. Should make finals. Talented all round side with very good overseas pro. Need to develop juniors and not rely on DLS.
Elsternwick. Benefits fr0m excellent junior program based in strongest comp in Melbourne -the CMCA. Maytbe a couple of years off but producing lots of district players.
Brighton. As above but prob 2 years ahead in development as seen last weekend. Best junior program in VSDCA. Outside chance for finals this year.
Ormond. Current position reflects club. Excellent coach but limited junior program and small drainage area . Little to look forward to. Best bat at club is pushing 70. But can bat!
Moorabin . Rely on top 15 players. Absolutely no depth or juniors.
Kingston Saints. Still developing. Outstanding facilities and terrific club. Needs to develop a pathway to be successful.
Interesting to look at Hatch philosophy of clubs. Some clubs play none of own whilst others rely on internal pathways. Which gives best long term benefit?
Caulfield and Malvern to make finals. Melton to win flag.

Interesting stuff Brightboy,I would argue on a couple of points but thats for another day.
Looking to tomorrows Round 10 matches,back to 2 day games.
Willy v Brighton-Do or die game for the Gulls,much depends on sheedy,if he misses then a small total usually happens,stick with the home side.
Elsty v Malvern-match of the day,away from their postage stamp fortress Malvern could be vulnerable,Elsty to get the cash.
Ormond v Broady-officially off the Broady wagon,Ormond for me but who knows?
Melton v Werribee-should be a romp for the defending champs.
Sunshine v Kingston Sts-go the Crows.
Caulfield v Moorabbin-hard to go past the ladder leaders,they just get the job done.
Yarra v Altona-I reckon Yarra rely on the same 2 or 3 players every week and Altona too much all round strength.
Hope the weather stays ok as we get into the business end.

brightboy;384998 said:
With 4 rounds to go thought give brief summary of south clubs.
Caulfield. clearly pick of the south. Base success on getting ready made plauyers. Little coming through but best balance of older players.
Malvern. Should make finals. Talented all round side with very good overseas pro. Need to develop juniors and not rely on DLS.
Elsternwick. Benefits fr0m excellent junior program based in strongest comp in Melbourne -the CMCA. Maytbe a couple of years off but producing lots of district players.
Brighton. As above but prob 2 years ahead in development as seen last weekend. Best junior program in VSDCA. Outside chance for finals this year.
Ormond. Current position reflects club. Excellent coach but limited junior program and small drainage area . Little to look forward to. Best bat at club is pushing 70. But can bat!
Moorabin . Rely on top 15 players. Absolutely no depth or juniors.
Kingston Saints. Still developing. Outstanding facilities and terrific club. Needs to develop a pathway to be successful.
Interesting to look at Hatch philosophy of clubs. Some clubs play none of own whilst others rely on internal pathways. Which gives best long term benefit?
Caulfield and Malvern to make finals. Melton to win flag.

little to look forward to with ormond?
2s and 3s chasing outrights this week and should get home, 4s will win comfortably
all lower grades (2s,3s,4s) are a big chance for finals
1s dissapointing but have lost a lot of players from the start of this year

Over the last few years Ormond's winning percentages have been very poor,however they do have a valid excuse this season,playing away from home every week is bloody difficult,better sides than Ormond have failed to cope.

Piston Broke;386303 said:
Over the last few years Ormond's winning percentages have been very poor,however they do have a valid excuse this season,playing away from home every week is bloody difficult,better sides than Ormond have failed to cope.
No excuse at all, but they will use it. Played the first month at home and lost all those.

southern sledge;386974 said:
No excuse at all, but they will use it. Played the first month at home and lost all those.

Played 1 game at home this season. Maybe you should worry more about the goings on at South Caulfield and the VTCA, than about us.

Thanks for your concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back