Subbies Thread

I hadn't heard about all the above but not in the slightest surprised. Did he want to be another W G Grace by refusing to leave the ground when bowled believing the spectators came to see him play. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me either!!
Yes he stood there in wonderland looking up and down the crease and back at his stumps in his batting stance, hence Kev informing him of his demise. A Warne v Gatting moment.

That must have been a while ago!!

Wasn't logged out it was a self logout out of respect of my peers.....

Westy I have 15 accounts as this is mad Monday Tuesday Wednesday for me......

logged out flouting petulant trotting you recon I post garbage seriously geeeeez..... Your worthless posts (rants) hahaha on matters that don't even involve or concern you amaze me......here's another one Intimidating you hahaha now you know how I felt when I charged Matty Inness then told him to piss off back to his mark!!!!! and the short leg come in deep backward square and deep fine leg went out #whistling around the ears they were!!!!!

I asked to have a froffy with you even left my details but no reply other than u thinking it was sarcasm.......

As a bigcricket life member I can post the results have come in and you have been invited and need to bring your curating clothes and your curating hand outs (you can leave them at the front door for clubs to grab on their way in)to the bigcricket night of nights......

Go on reply like I know you want to.....

Last edited:
The 2 classic Grenville moments were when he could not believe that Preston did not supply a vegetarian meal as an alternative at lunch. He had the same look on his face when Kev Lowe bowled him then jogged down the pitch and mentioned "that was a little too good for you son".:)
Worst bloke I've ever seen in the game and closely followed by Dowling from Oakleigh's team last year

good luck to the Team of the Year Selectors - I guess there are hard luck stories every year but lots of players have posted some big numbers this season. There looks to be 6 'certainties' then about 12 fighting for the last 6 spots

Couple of updates -

Grenville definitely to Moorabbin. If he keeps his head, it will be ok.
Entwistle - not sure now with the Grenville development.
Domiano seen speaking to a close neighbour of Caulfield.

Also, have heard Sheedy to retire from Subbies - Young Willi Lad .. do you know anything?

logged out flouting petulant trotting you recon I post garbage seriously geeeeez..... Your worthless posts (rants) hahaha on matters that don't even involve or concern you amaze me......here's another one Intimidating you hahaha now you know how I felt when I charged Matty Inness then told him to piss off back to his mark!!!!! and the short leg come in deep backward square and deep fine leg went out #whistling around the ears they were!!!!!

I asked to have a froffy with you even left my details but no reply other than u thinking it was sarcasm.......

As a bigcricket life member I can post the results have come in and you have been invited and need to bring your curating clothes and your curating hand outs (you can leave them at the front door for clubs to grab on their way in)to the bigcricket night of nights......

The first sentence of Super Saint's post to you dated 8 Aug 2011 reads ''Gees, you get logged out and look what you miss out on!!!!!!
My post in response to the final post on p14 of this thread was not intended as sarcasm. It was due to the footnote by the moderator, and, that it appeared he had found it necessary to edit out the 2nd para making much of your post meaningless.

The first sentence of Super Saint's post to

Who calls themselves "The Great man" anyway? youd have to be the biggest self indulgent flog going around. what have you added since coming on here? Grenville is a clown, yeah great.

Mate don't get frustrated with me because your cricket club is a rabble.

How is the off season going mate? Player exodus? Pretty good retention rate here champ.

Couple of updates -

Also, have heard Sheedy to retire from Subbies - Young Willi Lad .. do you know anything?

I can tell you now, sheedmiester isnt going anywhere champ.

Sorry, Super Saint, for quoting the wrong date of your post to Weapons re him being logged out. It was actually July 2013. During the same month the following post appeared from Ljp86BigCricket Administrator.
''Guys, good posting for the most part. I would appreciate though we not name drop fellow members on here. If you want to talk to a member in the public forums, please use their username. I must also add that insults and abuse will not be tolerated at all, any further posters who use abusive remarks and insults will earn a temporary holiday from the site.
Thanks fellas and keep up the good posting.''

Sorry, Super Saint, for quoting the wrong date of your post to Weapons re him being logged out. It was actually July 2013. During the same month the following post appeared from Ljp86BigCricket Administrator.
''Guys, good posting for the most part. I would appreciate though we not name drop fellow members on here. If you want to talk to a member in the public forums, please use their username. I must also add that insults and abuse will not be tolerated at all, any further posters who use abusive remarks and insults will earn a temporary holiday from the site.
Thanks fellas and keep up the good posting.''
Mate, no issue from me. Have we been dropping fellow poster's names??????????

Couple of updates -

Also, have heard Sheedy to retire from Subbies - Young Willi Lad .. do you know anything?[/quote

In relation to Damiano being on the move. The Pres, the coach and the scorer all knew he was going to the wedding, just none of his other teammates, so I doubt if he is on the open market.

Think we need to set out our allegiances.
Must say, I had heard Sheeds may have been going, however, more club driven. although pure speculation, don't have any hard evidence.

Yeah definitely on the move. Not sure if he will actually move from subbies though. Could be a good pick up for another close by subbies club. I have heard it is a 'mutual' retirement after both club and player were disappointed with on and off field actions / behaviour last year.

I also know that Osbourne is looking at going back to district from Bayswater. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah definitely on the move. Not sure if he will actually move from subbies though. Could be a good pick up for another close by subbies club. I have heard it is a 'mutual' retirement after both club and player were disappointed with on and off field actions / behaviour last year.

I also know that Osbourne is looking at going back to district from Bayswater. Can anyone confirm?

Every year on here there is speculation that Sheeds is on the move and every year it is proven wrong. I haven't heard anything and with other developments at the club I would be extremely surprised if he was to move on but we will have to wait and see.

good luck to the Team of the Year Selectors - I guess there are hard luck stories every year but lots of players have posted some big numbers this season. There looks to be 6 'certainties' then about 12 fighting for the last 6 spots

A 25 man squad has been announced by the selectors, with a final 12 in batting order to be revealed at the Hatch Dinner.

Back