The BaggyGreens Thread

Was a very good piece of thinking captaincy by Head to get Pujara out - haven't heard much about Bird, thought he bowled very impressively Craig... what state does he play for mate ?

Formerly mine Pete. Then looked for greener pastures in Tasmania. He is the eternal bridesmaid.

Not sure. His cricinfo profile will tell you tho. It was unfortunate for Bird that Hazlewood made the Baggy Greens before him as they are similar bowlers with a similar ability. But he has been a good servant for Tasmania for years now..

When is next BC/Windies Test Pete.

Thanks for the info Craig... next BC/Windies test is near where I live mate, Basin Reserve Wellington, this Friday 11th Dec {11am NZ time}
I think your 1st test is a day/night one ?

You going out Pete. If I was there we could go any see the game together. Yes a pinkie Test at Adelaide Oval mate on the 17th.

Would like to go, but with work etc don't have the time... that would be great Craig for us to go to a cricket match together at some stage whether I go to Aussie or you come over the ditch :thumbsu:
using a pink ball takes time to get use to, really looking forward to watching the Adelaide test mate.

Green is a very tall batsman, he was very lucky the Indians dropped a lolly off him in slips.

Last edited:
Shame mate. Good to see it live. Yes .. we will see a game together you can lay bets on that.

Yep Green was given a life but he is now making the Indians pay for their butterfingers. Specially impressed with his spin play Pete for a big man he gets to the pitch nicely with good footwork.

Last edited:
using a pink ball takes time to get use to, really looking forward to watching the Adelaide test mate.
Me too Pete. The pinkie test comes alive at dusk.. specially for the quicks. No place for the bloke with a poor technique in this game.

Green finished the day undefeated on 114 Pete. Like you and I most of the WP posters want him to play the first Test. Can he convince the selectors?

Mate, was very impressed with Greens batting, yeah his footwork was excellent, really showed his class... & batted smartly too, taking the risky hooks shots out of his game & playing good percentage strokes.

Yes now outsiders like yourself Pete can see what all the hype has been over this bloke since he was a late teen.

Yeah, that's for sure mate, he looks an excellent young player... watching younger players coming up you know some of them are going to make it at international level, not just because of their skill but also the composure they have.

That was a nasty blow Pucovski took on the helmet Craig, hope he's ok - as the commentators were saying it was a good sign to see him walk off the ground... he looked good scoring that 23 though.

Yeah, that's for sure mate, he looks an excellent young player... watching younger players coming up you know some of them are going to make it at international level, not just because of their skill but also the composure they have.
Skill and composure are the two major assets a cricketer needs to become a champion. Any sportsman for that matter.

That was a nasty blow Pucovski took on the helmet Craig, hope he's ok - as the commentators were saying it was a good sign to see him walk off the ground... he looked good scoring that 23 though.
Mate I have to tell you when we Aussies saw that we feared the worst as Puck has had a history of concussions. He seems to find a way to get hit on his noggin.. either while batting like yesterday to diving in the field. He even fell down some steps at his home I heard. Good signs as he also walked from the ground rather than taken for an xray.

Would like to go, but with work etc don't have the time... that would be great Craig for us to go to a cricket match together at some stage whether I go to Aussie or you come over the ditch :thumbsu:

Green is a very tall batsman, he was very lucky the Indians dropped a lolly off him in slips.
That would be great if you both met up to watch cricket together 👍

Mate I have to tell you when we Aussies saw that we feared the worst as Puck has had a history of concussions. He seems to find a way to get hit on his noggin.. either while batting like yesterday to diving in the field. He even fell down some steps at his home I heard. Good signs as he also walked from the ground rather than taken for an xray.
Remember you mentioning his concussion history, so glad he's ok - Puc looked like he kept his eye on the ball well enough mate, that short one kept a bit lower than expected though, so reckon the bloke was pretty unlucky.

Last edited:
Back