The BaggyGreens Thread

Mal I found this live stream of NZ cricket for you. I suspect this is club level not state domestic?

Last edited:
Haven't seen this club level cricket Richie, will certainly check it out though... that first ball was a pretty quick accurate bouncer, thought the batsman's technique was excellent, keeping his eyes on the ball all the way, then swaying out the way, you see so many batsmen take their eyes off the ball in that last split second, so end up getting hit on the side of the helmet or get injured.

Excellent by your blokes Richie :thumbsu: that was a very comfortable win over India... top hundreds to Smith & Finch as well.

Yes Mal. Smith has given the Indians a wake up call that his omission in 2018 went a long way to them winning on our shores for the first time ever. When Smith gets in the zone there is no more dangerous batsman on the planet..
I was reading that statistically Smith's 2019 Ashes batting rates the best in Ashes history.. Bradman included.

For Smith to have the best stats ever in an Ashes batting series including Bradman is astonishing mate... Bradman had to play on uncovered wickets though.

Just so there is no misunderstanding Mal. Bradman is numero uno.. rest daylite. The astonishing part for Smith on that 2019 Ashes is he scored a majority of the Baggy Green runs.. more than the other batsmen combined. He also did not have a failure in any of his innings. Whereas Bradman scored similar if not an ever greater number of runs on his Ashes tours he evidently did have the odd failure. That is what gave Smith the nod as the greatest ever Ashes performance.

Absolutely agree Richie, Bradman is clearly the best batsman ever... was superb stuff by Smith in 2019 Ashes, the bloke must have been seeing it like a beach ball.

I really enjoyed watching the Bodyline tv mini-series in the 80's, thought Gary Sweet did a great job of playing the part of Bradman.

Last edited:
That's excellent Richie... will certainly enjoy watching that intriguing Bodyline mini-series again mate :thumbsu:

Your welcome mate. Hugo Weaving's performance as Douglas Jardine steals the show imo.. Easy to see why he became such a big name in Tinseltown.

Was impressed by all our bowlers. Have to signal out Cam Green as he gave the rock Pujara the most trouble during his short spell. You watching it Pete. I am spoiled for choice.. FoxCricket telecasting it and CA live streaming it on the net.

Yeah, watching it on Sky Sport Craig - very good pressure bowling from your blokes as a unit... Pujara is a class act, as you say Green has bowled to him very well, it's a great that you have all those different options to watch it mate.
3 for 75 at the moment, be great if you got another wicket soon, especially Pujara... do you live near the ground Craig ?

Unfortunately not Pete.. about 30ks from me. Dont drive any more so I need to take a train and two buses to get there. So just as well I can watch it on the box or computer. You got your wish with a good bit of captaincy from Head removing Pujara. Attacking the body of Pujara may be the way to remove him in the Tests too.

Back