The Covid Menace.

Like you two this Omicron variant has found its way to our shores. Detected at a test point at Sydney's Kingsford-Smith Airport with the infected sent into isolation immediately.

Like you two this Omicron variant has found its way to our shores. Detected at a test point at Sydney's Kingsford-Smith Airport with the infected sent into isolation immediately.

Three more Omicron cases discovered in Australia, one in the Northern Territory and two more in Sydney. The government has delayed the easing of the international border until 15 December 2021 while it seeks further advice on the variant.

The government has delayed the easing of the international border
To my knowledge our int border has been closed to all except returning permanent and naturalized Aussies.. so the infected passengers were not foreigners.

Last edited:
Our booster jabs are being brought forward by 3 months thanks to the new Covid strain.
Richie and Thomas, do people in your countries wear a Sunflower Lanyard to show they are excempt from wearing a face covering in public?
They do here, and they wear it like a badge of honour, as if they are bragging that they are excempt, wonder if they could manage an oxygen mask if they got the virus 🤦

Our booster jabs are being brought forward by 3 months thanks to the new Covid strain.
Richie and Thomas, do people in your countries wear a Sunflower Lanyard to show they are excempt from wearing a face covering in public?
They do here, and they wear it like a badge of honour, as if they are bragging that they are excempt, wonder if they could manage an oxygen mask if they got the virus 🤦
No, they don't as far as I know and most of them are pretty self-confident and come across quite challenging. 🙄

Just heard that your country is in lockdown Thomas for those who are unjabbed 👍

That's true if it's understood as excluding the (voluntarily) unjabbed from anything but essential stores like supermarkets. They are also considering mandatory jabs for everyone as from February and for nursery and medical staff even earlier. Following Tuesday's ruling by the Federal Constitutional Court and being depressed by the fourth wave and the low vaccination rate of just 68% a lot of leading politicians from different parties had to make a U-turn and gave up their opposition to making jabs mandatory.
Apart from this factual lockdown for the unjabbed there's a bundle of accompanying measures also affecting those jabbed like mandatory testing on certain occasions, etc.
The country is being in chaos and is operating in emergency mode. Beware of getting seriously ill right now. Almost no operations in clinics are being carried out. The Air Force has been relocating Covid patients to other clinics and abroad. Severely ill patients are not being treated. It would be completely insane for anyone to come to Germany for the time being.
We are needing 30 million booster jabs by Christmas and time and again there's not enough vaccines because the situation was grossly misjudged and neglected by the old and new federal and regional governments. Everyone was focussing on the general elections and the formation of the new government. No one wanted to convey the bad news of new restrictions.
Whoever may have thought that "things are done properly" in Germany a country that has a rep for being well-organised will have to reconsider their opinion. If at all, that was a thing of the past.

That's true if it's understood as excluding the (voluntarily) unjabbed from anything but essential stores like supermarkets. They are also considering mandatory jabs for everyone as from February and for nursery and medical staff even earlier. Following Tuesday's ruling by the Federal Constitutional Court and being depressed by the fourth wave and the low vaccination rate of just 68% a lot of leading politicians from different parties had to make a U-turn and gave up their opposition to making jabs mandatory.
Apart from this factual lockdown for the unjabbed there's a bundle of accompanying measures also affecting those jabbed like mandatory testing on certain occasions, etc.
The country is being in chaos and is operating in emergency mode. Beware of getting seriously ill right now. Almost no operations in clinics are being carried out. The Air Force has been relocating Covid patients to other clinics and abroad. Severely ill patients are not being treated. It would be completely insane for anyone to come to Germany for the time being.
We are needing 30 million booster jabs by Christmas and time and again there's not enough vaccines because the situation was grossly misjudged and neglected by the old and new federal and regional governments. Everyone was focussing on the general elections and the formation of the new government. No one wanted to convey the bad news of new restrictions.
Whoever may have thought that "things are done properly" in Germany a country that has a rep for being well-organised will have to reconsider their opinion. If at all, that was a thing of the past.
Vaccination is basically the key to these lockdowns ending.
the more vaccinations there are the better things will become.
You need to think that all anti vaxxers are covid patients.

The new variant has been detected in the UK, face masks are becoming compulsory on public transport and supermarkets, I never stopped wearing mine 😷
Good! We have the same here in victoria.
masks for all indoor retail and public transport and where you can't social distance.
Help others who you may know to get vaccinated.

I'm living in a Corona hotspot with an incidence of 1412, 614 infections per day, 5000 infections per week leading to a scarcity of ICU beds of which hardly any are left. These are yesterday's figures for ICU beds available after a lot of patients have already been flown out by the Air Force to other regions and way before the peak that's expected for the Christmas week. Hardly any beds with staff and breathing apparatuses left. Who wants to live here?
And then there are so many people around me who simply don't give a damn and don't get vaccinated. Almost 50% are not vaccinated and don't intend to.
32o5d39uupd.jpg

I'm living in a Corona hotspot with an incidence of 1412, 614 infections per day, 5000 infections per week leading to a scarcity of ICU beds of which hardly any are left. These are yesterday's figures for ICU beds available after a lot of patients have already been flown out by the Air Force to other regions and way before the peak that's expected for the Christmas week. Hardly any beds with staff and breathing apparatuses left. Who wants to live here?
And then there are so many people around me who simply don't give a damn and don't get vaccinated. Almost 50% are not vaccinated and don't intend to.
32o5d39uupd.jpg
Those people are a disgrace and do not deserve treatment if they get Covid or the new strain.
It's the same here Thomas, I have to keep moving away from idiots who refuse to wear a mask.

32o5d39uupd.jpg
Stay safe mate.

Back