The Weather Thread

Wintery weather here at the moment. Freezing cold (as in single digit numbers at night and sometimes during the day)
People have been getting small hail, snow and other things

We've had temps between 14 and 18 degrees, I felt like I was in a sauna! 🥵
🤣

Our worst wet year on record is not going away and may linger until well into winter.. I feel waterlogged⛈

We also missed so much cricket I am in cricket withdrawal and can not wait until our next Test series abroad..

The worst thing about a La Nina rain bomb is they are not just short and sharp.. they last a week or more. We are currently in another.

No, quite the opposite. Gray and rainy. Mothers Day felt more like New Years. Brrrr

Sounds pretty cold there. Mother's Day was nice and sunny with 26.5 degrees.

The rain has returned here though, it has been raining yesterday and today. Today only got to 14.9 degrees so a big change from what we've had lately and the hot summer we had.

To answer your question Thomas. Yes Sydney is being inundated with the wet stuff yet again. Our weather people BOM told us that our second consecutive weather event La Nina had passed. But this current 'rain bomb' defies that. If anything it is worse than the summer/autumn one, with BOM saying "Greater Sydney is having the equivalent of a Sydney Harbor's worth of rain dumped on it daily" That is exceptional rain and all rather scary..

So you in Eastern Germany are going thru a dry spell. When was your last rain and are dry spells becoming more frequent in Europe?

Scroll down to find the map of Oz. Note the difference between us in the south and the north. That northern rain band runs for about two thousand kms, covering two states. They are having a nuclear size 'rain bomb' that by comparison, makes ours here in the south look like drizzle. A large proportion of Australia's tropical fruit is grown on our north/central eastern seaboard. Farms will be wiped out and prices will skyrocket.

Last edited:
After three solid days the heavy rain has toned down now to showers. In the past, even as far back as my boarding school days, I recall what we named 'a big wet'. Three or fours days of constant rain. These La Nina rain events last for at least a week and are far more extreme. The current one lashing Greater Sydney has now gone for three days and BOM is saying it still has a week to run. EEK.

After three solid days the heavy rain has toned down now to showers. In the past, even as far back as my boarding school days, I recall what we named 'a big wet'. Three or fours days of constant rain. These La Nina rain events last for at least a week and are far more extreme. The current one lashing Greater Sydney has now gone for three days and BOM is saying it still has a week to run. EEK.
I've heard Les Hiddens, aka Bush Tucker Man, mention the 'big wet' when he was out in the outback, the rain was hammering down.

Post everything here pertaining to weather in your part of the world.
`
Why was my new weather thread removed Ljp86 Ljp86 without notifying me. Disrespectful.
I was sure there already was a weather thread but my search did not find it.. so started a new one. Not first time search has failed to find an item. Must mention it to Chief.

`
Why was my new weather thread removed Ljp86 Ljp86 without notifying me. Disrespectful.
I was sure there already was a weather thread but my search did not find it.. so started a new one. Not first time search has failed to find an item. Must mention it to Chief.
Lol.
can you please stop making duplicate threads of existing threads?
it's too confusing.
I had made the original thread, which was still there.
let's not get into spats.

Back