The Weather Thread

`
Why was my new weather thread removed Ljp86 Ljp86 without notifying me. Disrespectful.
I was sure there already was a weather thread but my search did not find it.. so started a new one. Not first time search has failed to find an item. Must mention it to Chief.
Same here. That's why I was asking.

`
Why was my new weather thread removed Ljp86 Ljp86 without notifying me. Disrespectful.
I was sure there already was a weather thread but my search did not find it.. so started a new one. Not first time search has failed to find an item. Must mention it to Chief.

The two weather threads were merged as there was already an existing weather thread which was created by Renegadesfan Renegadesfan . The most recent post in that thread was on 16 June 2022 so that wasn't all that long ago.

It was a freezing -2 overnight. glad it reached 11

-2 to 11?

giphy.gif

So you in Eastern Germany are going thru a dry spell. When was your last rain and are dry spells becoming more frequent in Europe?
Thomas I'd like an answer mate. I also recall a year or so back Germany had terrible flooding as well.

Thomas I'd like an answer mate. I also recall a year or so back Germany had terrible flooding as well.
Sorry for the delay. I'd been meaning to answer your question. I can't remember. It must have been in the western part. It's the extremes, mate.
Eastern Germany has been seeing another drought since May. The last time it rained after a longer dry spell was at the end of May and yesterday again. Meteorologists agree that our region is particularly affected by a lack of rain which caused forest fires not too long ago. For the groundwater level to get back to normal it would have to rain longer than a month continuously. Lack of water is a problem everywhere in Eastern Germany. Take the example of Elon Musk's new Tesla factory south of Berlin. It's a first-rate environmental sin because it uses way too much groundwater and contributes to the water shortage in one of the driest parts of the region.
Some communities are thinking about prohibiting private swimming pools in backyards and watering gardens.
It was revealed that years ago industry was given a free licence to use as much water as they like. Worse still, nobody really knows how much water enterprises actually use. It's a shame really.

This winter I got an electrician blanket for the first time since I was a kid, cold must be getting to us in my old age.

This winter I got an electrician blanket for the first time since I was a kid, cold must be getting to us in my old age.
You threw me for a sec Kram81 Kram81 .. an electric blanket you meant. I used to use these every winter but gave up on them and saved energy cost when I began laying on my bed to watch the box during the winter nites. I found that body warmth alone is sufficient and far too hot and uncomfy when combined with the blanket.

Eastern Germany has been seeing another drought since May. The last time it rained after a longer dry spell was at the end of May and yesterday again. Meteorologists agree that our region is particularly affected by a lack of rain which caused forest fires not too long ago.
I know what that feels like. You recall the massive wildfires Australia endured three years back.. burnt some one third of my state's land content alone. That too was on the back of consecutive extreme dry spells. We had harsh water restrictions during that terrible time.

Last edited:
You threw me for a sec Kram81 Kram81 .. an electric blanket you meant. I used to use these every winter but gave up on them and saved energy cost when I began laying on my bed to watch the box during the winter nites. I found that body warmth alone is sufficient and far too hot and uncomfy when combined with the blanket.
Agree but I usually only put it on the lowest setting with a 3 hour timer.

Living in Perth I would never use one just not worth the effort but out here where it's colder in an old house it's useful.

Sunny and 18.8 degrees here today. Much the same for the next two days before the rain returns on Thursday with temps in the low 20's.

A city boy like ljp probably thinks WA ends at Mundairing ;)

I know where the city ends, it's Bassendean Oval right? :p

It's a big city now, Kram81 Kram81 . Urban sprawl has seen the city extend quite far north and south currently. Now it's the east's turn to catch up with the north east and south east starting to spread too.

We have had a very hot day 🥵 and it's gonna get hotter 😱
It won't last though, as soon as autumn kicks in it'll be a downward slide to my beloved cold weather.

Back