The Weather Thread

Anything over 20 degrees is too hot for me 😆
Are you included in this weekends weather warning Thomas? It's gonna be a scorcher here 😨
No, not yet. The warning now applies to next Tuesday/Wednesday for which temps of 35° to 36° are forecast.
Take care, then. 😓

Must say I feel pity for my SIL who lives in southern France where temps are way too high not just during this heatwave but in general. She is running out of water and often has to live on huge packs of mineral water that she then has to buy from supermarkets.
Years ago she invested a mint of money in the house with pool which was her dream. Now she doesn't want to admit that there's no future for her there and that it would actually be wise to sell the house as long as she may still find a buyer.

Must say I feel pity for my SIL who lives in southern France where temps are way too high not just during this heatwave but in general. She is running out of water and often has to live on huge packs of mineral water that she then has to buy from supermarkets.
Years ago she invested a mint of money in the house with pool which was her dream. Now she doesn't want to admit that there's no future for her there and that it would actually be wise to sell the house as long as she may still find a buyer.
This is a shame, hope things work out for her. Has she got a water supply to her house which is drying up?

This is a shame, hope things work out for her. Has she got a water supply to her house which is drying up?
Yes, she's got her own well but it doesn't have water as it used to. Her place is too secluded to be linked to the public water supply system.
I don't think that potential buyers are aware that southern France is increasingly faced with that problem and with the heat.

Last edited:
Hopefully J Jessica is alright after the very hot temperatures experienced in Europe last week and earlier this week. 47 degrees recorded in Portugal with the UK reaching 40.3 degrees, first time 40 degrees Celsius has been recorded in the UK.

Hopefully J Jessica is alright after the very hot temperatures experienced in Europe last week and earlier this week. 47 degrees recorded in Portugal with the UK reaching 40.3 degrees, first time 40 degrees Celsius has been recorded in the UK.
I was flipping sweating!! 🥵😆
I've never experienced heat like it before, I was exposed to about 38 degrees and I look like a ripe tomato with a face on it! 😆

Ljp86 Ljp86 I don't like the weather forecast for tomorrow night's game, H20 is those boys kryptonite!

Most of the showers tomorrow will be in the morning and the early afternoon. The evening should be drier although I imagine the ground and turf will still have some moisture in it, there's the possibility of a shower or two in the evening but not much of significance.

Monday through to Wednesday is when the real fun is going to begin with some significant wind and rainfall and the potential for a thunderstorm.

Most of the showers tomorrow will be in the morning and the early afternoon. The evening should be drier although I imagine the ground and turf will still have some moisture in it, there's the possibility of a shower or two in the evening but not much of significance.

Monday through to Wednesday is when the real fun is going to begin with some significant wind and rainfall and the potential for a thunderstorm.
Yeah heard that as well, unfortunately the surface has been a pretty dodgy recently anyway though with all the extra recent traffic on the ground.

Yeah heard that as well, unfortunately the surface has been a pretty dodgy recently anyway though with all the extra recent traffic on the ground.

The additional traffic on it of late hasn't helped and the rain we've had in the last couple of weeks hasn't aided things either.

There's not much of a reprieve in the next week with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday going to be rather wet. The ground needs some dry days and some sun to help repair the surface which is in need of sunlight for growth. The ground staff are going to be busy in the near term given the wet weather to come early next week.

The last few weeks has seen a fair bit of rain but it has cleared as of a couple of days ago with some partly cloudy and mostly sunny days to come for at least the next week. Daytime temperatures expected from the high teens to the higher part of the low 20's.

We've had temps around 20,21 and 22, still too hot for me 🥵 this is our last blast of summer though, and we have summer bank holiday on Monday so it's downhill from here now 🤗

Back