Jewell
Hodge
Hussey
McDonald
Quiney
Wade

????

No room unfortunately

yeah good point.. i just hope he doesn't miss his chance like matt harrison did. and i personally believe finch is a lot better bat than harrison was/is

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

bill lawry would be rapt! he's been pushing that premier cricket have no covers so our batsman learnt the hard way, even though this is for different reasons

Finch however is still only very young....

his time will come as long as he keeps making plenty for the Cattery

Wayne_Izard;276539 said:

yeah this is true. 1000+ last year, and already on track for another big season this year. hopefully he makes it

mayhem20202;276592 said:
Why is Dave Newman listed there? He has played the past 2 years at Dandenong.
Because he became an amateur. When you move to a club and become a pro, you don't have to put in a clearance. So now that he isn't a pro, he had to get a clearance to move over.

Wayne_Izard;276539 said:

Should have been picked ahead of Hill.

Might get a sniff this year if White and Hussey are called into the One Day side.

Barry Dawson;276629 said:
Because he became an amateur. When you move to a club and become a pro, you don't have to put in a clearance. So now that he isn't a pro, he had to get a clearance to move over.

Thats interesting because I thought Spoljaric went to the Hawks as a Pro from Casey. He is now listed as Amateur but I didn't think he was ever cleared.

Barry Dawson;276632 said:
Should have been picked ahead of Hill.

Might get a sniff this year if White and Hussey are called into the One Day side.

Yes thought Hill was rushed in a little quicker then was expected. He hasn't lite up the premier cricket as of yet while Finch for a couple of season's has proved that he can score some runs.

He will get his chance, would of been quicker if he was playing for Melbourne or another large club in the CBD....

think with the Big Unit as Cap/Coach down the Cattery that there will be a more respected voice the Selectors will have to listen too in regards on how Finch is going

D.K;276645 said:
He will get his chance, would of been quicker if he was playing for Melbourne or another large club in the CBD....

Why would that have affected it? He would get the same opportunity no matter what district club he's at? Unless you're saying that the Vics have a bias in there selection based on where you play your cricket..

five80;276639 said:
Thats interesting because I thought Spoljaric went to the Hawks as a Pro from Casey. He is now listed as Amateur but I didn't think he was ever cleared.
It would have been last year, as he was an amateur *cough* last year.

FioraDud;276720 said:
Why would that have affected it? He would get the same opportunity no matter what district club he's at? Unless you're saying that the Vics have a bias in there selection based on where you play your cricket..
Selectors like to see their batsmen and bowlers doing well on wickets that they'd consider similar to those that you'd face in FC cricket.

A 100 or 5 wicket haul at the Albert is worth more than one at Toorak Park, for example.

Wayne_Izard;276646 said:
think with the Big Unit as Cap/Coach down the Cattery that there will be a more respected voice the Selectors will have to listen too in regards on how Finch is going
The big unit and Graffy back on speaking terms now?

| Victorian Premier Cricket

Is the VCA genuine. Surely they are kidding themselves and living on another planet.

Cricket is played in the summer, and you'd rather be playing on a hard surface than a wet one where players are slipping around.

Peter Binns get with the times you Fossil

and Barry Dawson stick to the cougars cause your speaking rubbish pal. 5 wickets at toorak park is worth 10 wickets at the albert.

Good luck tomorrow if there wasn't any covers used over night.

The rest of the square will be so wet that any chance of a game won't occur.

Injuries are going to spike and the pennent committee could be found liable one would think.

Scott Sanders smashed 100 off 60 balls yesterday and he got 90 off 40 balls before that, not to mention 4 wickets last week. Would anyone put him in the Vic 20/20 team?

Back