Australia in South Africa

Re: Australia in South Africa

distributer of pain;334373]well you could say we let them win the last series, how we didnt win that series 3 zip is beyond me, they got very very very lucky, now their lucks run out.

They got some good momentum after Perth then we could not catch them!

graham smith had the audacity to say england would beat us in the ashes, so whats that mean now ??

It means zippo............at the moment. G. Smith has learnt a valuable lesson in when to be diplomatic and not give the opposition some motivation to come to your dung heap and beat you (and send you to hospital to boot!!).:D

distributer of pain;334386 said:
your a discrace to the family. lol, i never get sick of us winning, your lucky you didnt have to put up with us losing all the time to the windies in the 1980s

I just had to put up with all the hard times of the late 90's and early 00's.:p

1/203 at tea, Hughes on 86 and Ponting on 78. Lead is at 417.

My guess is Australia will bat for another two sessions and then send South Africa in sometime after lunch or perhaps even just before the lunch break. The lead could be about 600 by then and would still give Australia about 150 overs to bowl South Africa out with Smith unlikely to bat.

My question to you all is I wonder how grapedo feels about this series so far? :D :D :D

Ljp86;334398 said:
1/203 at tea, Hughes on 86 and Ponting on 78. Lead is at 417.

My guess is Australia will bat for another two sessions and then send South Africa in sometime after lunch or perhaps even just before the lunch break. The lead could be about 600 by then and would still give Australia about 150 overs to bowl South Africa out with Smith unlikely to bat.

My question to you all is I wonder how grapedo feels about this series so far? :D :D :D

i would bat untill 35 minutes before lunch, they say this pitch can improve. we dont seem to be in any hurry at the minute, if and after they get their tons i guess we"ll see some fireworks. i wonder if SA will open with amla, maybe AB may get a run ?? i would also have haddin padded up to come in next, 1/207 at the moment.

Ljp86;334398 said:

Relief... that he is banned and can't cop it from us after the major talking up about South Africa he was bound to do.

And a bit of sadness that we aren't as bad as he would have liked. But mainly relief. :p

Ponting goes after a very good 81.

Morkel to Ponting, OUT, the bowling change works, Morkel bowls it short of a length and Ponting swivels and goes for his favourite pull over square leg, unfortunately he picks McKenzie who's patrolling the boundary
RT Ponting c McKenzie b Morkel 81 (106b 12x4 0x6) SR: 76.41

2/219. Hughes just two runs away from a second century. Hussey heads out to the middle.

Ponting pulls to deep square leg but he picks out McKenzie who takes an easy catch.

2/219, lead by 433. Hussey in now with Hughes on 98.

postmanpav;334414 said:
Centuries in both digs from Hughes, very impressive.

This guy will be an absolute star.

Youngest person ever to score centuries in both innings of a test.

He's going to be seriously good.

There it is!! It's taken him almost 20 minutes but he's got thse 2 runs.

Hughes gets his second test century, his second for the game.

This century has been completely different to his previous one. The first innings cenutry took just 130 odd balls with a great attacking display, this one was hard work taking 247 balls.

He is 104* at the end of the over.

distributer of pain said:
they arnt exactly going for it at the minute, come on boys, its hammer time.

Plenty of time left in the game, two overs today plus two days. Australia don't need to hurry. They could bat for another session on day four and still have 150 overs to bowl at South Africa.

Hussey fell about half an hour ago for 19.

3/291, Hughes is still going on 135 with Clarke on 14. Lead is 505.

Hughes tucks the last ball of the day away for a single and Australia are 3/292 at stumps, a lead of 506 runs.

Hughes will face the first ball tomorrow and in doing so will be 136 at the commencement on day four. Clarke is 14 not out at stumps.

It's been a very good day if you're an Australian fan, not so good is you're South African. South Africa started the day poorly losing their remaining two wickets after the first three balls of the day. Since then Australia have tightened their grip on the game with Hughes scoring another century and being the youngest ever test player to score a hundred in each innings of a test. Ponting chipped in with 81 and Katich made 30 at the start of the innings to give Australia a commanding position in the test.

Kallis, Morkel and Duminy are the wicket-takers in the second innings but Harris has been the only bowler to trouble the Australians in this dig. The pitch is still pretty flat though and Australia will want to score reasonably quickly on day four and then give themselves enough time to bowl South Africa out. I'd say a lead of about 600 will be enough for Ponting to call his troops in and begin the assualt with the ball.

The end of another day and we've seemingly uncovered perhaps test cricket's next great talent, Phil Hughes. Can he get to 150 and maybe even 200 tomorrow? We'll find out soon enough.

Wonderful days play that.

Ponting took over Waugh as Australias 2nd highest run scorer. 4th over all.

Was hoping he get another 100 but its all good.

Phil Hughes = Superstar

Ponting is as awesome a batsman as he is crap a captain. Every Test we win is in spite of his tactics rather than because of them.

Caesar;334493 said:
Ponting is as awesome a batsman as he is crap a captain. Every Test we win is in spite of his tactics rather than because of them.

your a bit hard on the punter, he"ll probably go down as the most winningist captain ever after he is through, i think he"s an ok captain, not as good as waugh but still pretty good, and remember waugh had the master tactician shane warne for advice for his whole captaining carreer.

distributer of pain;334512 said:
your a bit hard on the punter, he"ll probably go down as the most winningist captain ever after he is through, i think he"s an ok captain, not as good as waugh but still pretty good, and remember waugh had the master tactician shane warne for advice for his whole captaining carreer.

Ponting's been exposed since he hasn't had Gilchrist and Warne.

breeno;334515 said:
Ponting's been exposed since he hasn't had Gilchrist and Warne.
Please explain?. The same way Taylor and Waugh would of been exposed if all there gun players retired. No shit he's been exposed, exposed to life with out gun cricketers who almost played on autopilot.;)

Back