Australia in South Africa

Re: Australia in South Africa

awesome effort by the aussies, i had my doubts before the tour about siddle and hilfenhaus, they have proved me wrong and wasnt sure about hughes whether he was going to be up to it....... egg on my face.

Buddy23#;334524 said:
Please explain?. The same way Taylor and Waugh would of been exposed if all there gun players retired. No shit he's been exposed, exposed to life with out gun cricketers who almost played on autopilot.;)

His tactics were exposed because he didn't have gun cricketers covering his ass every match. I'm surprised how well the young guys have played this tour, good to see a bit of youth and enthusiasm paying off.

Buddy23#;334524 said:
Please explain?. The same way Taylor and Waugh would of been exposed if all there gun players retired. No shit he's been exposed, exposed to life with out gun cricketers who almost played on autopilot.;)

relax pauleen, no need for hysterics.

540 in front and ponting has 2 slips and a gully, WTF, stupid. 3 slips at the minimum for mine, even 4 for the first 10 overs, ones allready gone through 3/4th slip at catchable height.

distributer of pain;334719 said:
540 in front and ponting has 2 slips and a gully, WTF, stupid. 3 slips at the minimum for mine, even 4 for the first 10 overs, ones allready gone through 3/4th slip at catchable height.

*coughs*, sounds like Ponting's captaincy.

2/213, Amla fell to Siddle but that was a while ago now. Kallis on 61 (dropped first ball by North) and de Villiers is also on 61. Only 333 behind now, Australia will be getting a little worried.

2/244 at stumps, trailing by 303 runs. Kallis on 84, de Villiers 68.

Shaping up to be a great last day, South Africa are still a chance, Australia will want early wickets.

Ljp86;334846 said:
2/244 at stumps, trailing by 303 runs. Kallis on 84, de Villiers 68.

Shaping up to be a great last day, South Africa are still a chance, Australia will want early wickets.

u reckon????

Biggie;334967 said:
Little nervous tbh.

Was hoping for at least 4-5 down by stumps....
well technically 3 down since Smith shouldn't be coming back out again- although we've been through this before! :D

Smith came back and batted at no.11 in the last test of the last series to try and save the game.
Considering they had the series won and it was only a dead-rubber game he was trying to save, you wouldn't think that he would rest in a game they must win or save to keep the series alive now would you?:eek:
A result looks likely you would think wouldn't you, although it would most likely come in the last session after tea.
2/244 at stumps, still a massive effort needed from here but there's not much more you could ask for from the Proteas.
Hopefully this partnership can be broken early tomorrow.

Back