Barclay Shield 2013/2014

Yeah thats pretty close. Recovered from a broken hand structurally, just getting strength back now.

I believe the story is (Opener2 to confirm) that Cal has had a broken hand, and hasn't had a lot of training, and may even still have a dodgy hand. Therefore coming back through the twos. Good for Lower if they can afford to do that. I think Dyl is captain up until Cal is back.

Balls a putrid lets be honest. Absolutely no swing and are shocking in colour. Disgraceful ! Good luck to our young batsmen who go down the line in a year or two and they face quality bowlers with a quality product and cant play a swinging kookaburra. Absolute Joke. And may I add that for the clubs not to have a say whether we stayed with kooka or trialled the platypus is an even bigger joke and the executive need to remember its the clubs competition not theirs. If people bring up that kooka was also a trial they need to go back to the vote 3 years ago which was about which supplier the clubs wanted use! the only thing mentioned then about a trial was that in a couple of years if the clubs wanted to trial platypus then the CLUBS COULD LOOK AT IT ! The Executive have done this of there own bat and the crap that was peeled of at the Preseason meeting about keeping prices down and keeping kookaburra accountable and that platypus were great to the competition for decades, what a load of crap that was. Gray Nicholls own them as of 2 years ago and the price difference is minimal at best ( I believe via a email I received is no more than $2 per ball.).
Seen plenty of batsmen play and miss, so must be doing something!
a

Spot on Draught, they are so far inferior to the Kookaburra that they should be 20% of the price. Platypus are now produced in China and shipped to Australia in pieces where they are assembled. The cuts to the leather are not made by machine, but by hand which you can clearly tell, the colour is dark because the leather is of poor quality. The DVCA have let down the whole competition.

Balls a putrid lets be honest. Absolutely no swing and are shocking in colour. Disgraceful ! Good luck to our young batsmen who go down the line in a year or two and they face quality bowlers with a quality product and cant play a swinging kookaburra. Absolute Joke. And may I add that for the clubs not to have a say whether we stayed with kooka or trialled the platypus is an even bigger joke and the executive need to remember its the clubs competition not theirs. If people bring up that kooka was also a trial they need to go back to the vote 3 years ago which was about which supplier the clubs wanted use! the only thing mentioned then about a trial was that in a couple of years if the clubs wanted to trial platypus then the CLUBS COULD LOOK AT IT ! The Executive have done this of there own bat and the crap that was peeled of at the Preseason meeting about keeping prices down and keeping kookaburra accountable and that platypus were great to the competition for decades, what a load of crap that was. Gray Nicholls own them as of 2 years ago and the price difference is minimal at best ( I believe via a email I received is no more than $2 per ball.).
a

Agree with you Mr Draught.

And what about the poor kids going to try their luck that can't play a cover drive along the ground and are classified as cross bat sloggers because of these cricket pitches they have to play on?

Sub-standard balls and pitches that should not be used in any form of cricket. I know the Council are to blame for the pitches, but the comp needs to take a stand, and take a stand now.

The main problem is, if you don't want to play on these pitches with these balls, you have to travel all over Melbourne, some of us can't make that committment and get stuck with what we've got unfortunately.

Another loss this week and a couple of sides can kiss there season goodbye. Bundoora, Riverside and Mont. 3 big clubs that have 1 win between them. All 3 sides were happy to let very good players go due to egos at the clubs. Seems to have hurt them.

Another loss this week and a couple of sides can kiss there season goodbye. Bundoora, Riverside and Mont. 3 big clubs that have 1 win between them. All 3 sides were happy to let very good players go due to egos at the clubs. Seems to have hurt them.

Not sure which players you are referring to, but Riverside have been on the slide for a couple of years now. Once Gibbs stopped making truck loads of runs and taking lots of wickets. Montmorency's chance of making finals now is 0. Over before it got started.

Probably Money top 4 atm is a good guess of how it will finish up. But lets wait and see.

Bundoora and Mernda are cooked. 0-3 and your season is over. I think anyone from 4-7 is a chance of grabbing that 4th spot. Mac, DC and LE won't drop a lot of games this season.

Hold your horses boys. Riverside are only 1 game behind 4th spot. Given they're a fair way in percentage, but I wouldn't be closing up shop now.

Traditionally, if you lose 4 or more games and you're season is gone, you won't play finals. Bar the odd exception, but your percentage has to be very good.

Still a long season though. Anything can happen.

Hold your horses boys. Riverside are only 1 game behind 4th spot. Given they're a fair way in percentage, but I wouldn't be closing up shop now.

Traditionally, if you lose 4 or more games and you're season is gone, you won't play finals. Bar the odd exception, but your percentage has to be very good.

Still a long season though. Anything can happen.

You can't make finals in the first 3 games, but you can miss them. 0-3 and you're done. Interestingly, it's Mernda v Bundoora this week. So one will break the duck and the other will start getting very nervous.

Riverside play DC this week, so if things go to form they'll cop a hammering this game and go to 1-3. A mighty effort from there I reckon, in a pretty even comp bar Diamond Creek.

You can't make finals in the first 3 games, but you can miss them. 0-3 and you're done. Interestingly, it's Mernda v Bundoora this week. So one will break the duck and the other will start getting very nervous.

Riverside play DC this week, so if things go to form they'll cop a hammering this game and go to 1-3. A mighty effort from there I reckon, in a pretty even comp bar Diamond Creek.

My point is, if Riverside knock over Diamo this week, they wouldn't be far off the top 4 and looking the goods after knocking off the best side in the comp. Everyone would be praising them. Not talking relegation and their season over.

If tipping is that easy (form) then why are you so low in the tipping comp? :D

My point is, if Riverside knock over Diamo this week, they wouldn't be far off the top 4 and looking the goods after knocking off the best side in the comp. Everyone would be praising them. Not talking relegation and their season over.

I haven't been wrong on Diamo yet!!! Other bloody sides don't win the games they should :O. Agree if Riverside win this they stay in the hunt. But if they go to 1-3 I'm writing them off.

SO i guess you will be tipping Riverside this week hey, Dave ?;)

Back