City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Tips for the last round before the Festive Season and plenty of booze!!

Longmuir:
Brighton Union
Hampton Central
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Mackie
West Bentleigh

Woolnough:
Washington Park
Moorabbin West
Brighton Union
Cluden
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting

Enjoy the break guys.....drink plenty of booze!!

BD Tips

Melbourne Wanderers 1
Bentleigh Uniting 3
Elwood 2
Kingston Heath 2
Carnegie South 2
Washington Park

Good luck to all, given it looks likely we will get play this week, on current form that implies it will rain next week so tips could all be irrelevant...:-(

Round 6 Selections:

Is Adam ‘The Judge’ Mikkelsen the CMCA’s version of Julian Assage? Hmm.

Longy
Rd 6

Brighton Union:Hoops far too strong for a rattled Omega.
Hampton Central: Can’t see how the Royals brittle line up will score runs against the Centrals miserly bowling attack.
East Sandy: Big test for the Panthers.Juggernaut to bounce back.
Bentleigh Uniting: Unitings 11 should be able to subdue Mr Bunting.
Mackie:Only just.If there was ever a 12 point match for both teams then this is it.
West Bentleigh:They will start their upward climb with a win against the Spiders.

Wooly
Rd 6
Washington Park: Washups to sing again! Who does have the best vocal chords at the Sharks?
Moorabbin West: Will get up in a close one.Definetely the Game of the Round.

Brighton Union:Hoops seem to have come back to some form.
Cluden: Cluden easily.
East Sandy:Juggernaut.Just to good.

Bentleigh Uniting: To accomplished for the Party Boys.
Quiney
Rd 6

Melbourne Wanderers
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood

Kingston Heath
Carnegie South
Washington Park

Tips for Rnd - 6
Longy
Hoops [ this could be carnage ]
Royals [ lets hope they can show some grit ]
Gold Caps [ not convinced about the panthers just yet ]
Uniting [ needed the shake up last week ]
Machine [ the wheels are only just connected ]
Victory Park [ last chance JGG back in the team should help ]

Wooly
Sharks [ royals have had the wood over the years but are too undermanned ]
Heighters [ BL to score heavily ]
Hoops [ Carnage, Champ to bring up his first ton for the season ]
Cluden [ UM's boys are gone for the season, relegation pending ]
Gold Caps [ what can be done with HU,should be in Quiney ]
Uniting [ could be closer than you think ]

Longy
Union
ANA
ESBC
Bentleigh Utg
Kingston
Carnegie Sth

Wooly
Wash Ups
Moor West
Union
Highett West
Hamp Utd
Bentleigh Utg

Quiney
Wanderers
Le Page
Elwood
Kingston
Carnegie Sth
Wash Ups

Longy.

Union.
Centrals.
ESBC.
Uniting.
KHCC.
Carnegie South.

Wooly.

Wash Park.
M. West.
Union.
Cluden.
ESBC.
Uniting.

Quiney.

Wanderers.
Le Page.
Chelt Park.
KHCC.
Carnegie South.
Wash Park.

Do i get away teams or something for not putting in tips last week. Looks like a big round of cricket this week with some seaon defining games.

Union - starting to find some form. Don't write Omega off just yet though.
Hampton Central - Centrals bowling will be too tight. Could be a low scoring affair
Le Page - looking forward to this, will show us exactly where we are at.
Uniting - however do rate elwood as a big chance for an upset
Mackie - by a long way if its a two day game, roids to pull up very sore after the game
Carnegie - in a toss of the coin, if west are to win Chopper and Case will have to do it all

WP - easy
MW - experience
Union - form
Highett West - upset
ESBC - close
Uniting - depth

Evening All,

Just about sobered up after days of celebrating the the clocker nought thimbles demise last weekend.Hoping the panthers can pounce but I think the thimbles may bounce back and who knows Des Potts may be a late inclusion!!!!

Good to see most tips in very early and a few new additions to the Bobby Dazzler.

Brudes good to see you have got off your rather large back side and inserted your tips this week.Merl's rules I think from distant memory is that you get the lowest score of the round!!!!!!!!!!

Merl's tips

Longy

Bri Union
Ham Cent
Clocker Nought Thinbles
Billion Uniting
Mackie
Carnegie Sth

Bluff Rd Cup

Wallet Park
Merl's own Chel Hts
Bri Un
Cluden
Clocker Nought thimbles twos
Billion Utg twos

Bobby Dazzler

Melb Wand
Le Page
Chelt Park
King Hth
West Bent
wallet park

I suppose Oprah Winfrey's visit is the cause of a total lack of information on the pathetic website re the 20/20 comp.Poor old Joe public is Seargant Schultz like again with ' I know nothing ' Maybe Clocker gate could investigate this while he is on his Royal Commission into the scores not being in the papers?

Good luck for a dry weekend

Merl over and out

This may well be my last lot of tips unless my 2 pt deduction is revoked Merl, you have the power to allow my 1st timer mistake off!

Tips highlighted!!

Longy
Rd6
Omega 1 v Brighton Union 1 union in a canter
Bentleigh ANA 1 v Hampton Central 1 at home Ana to get back on the winners list
East Sandy v Le Page Park 1 Big game, East will wanna stake a claim
Bentleigh Uniting 1 v Elwood 1 Going for a upset here, just! All about Bunting here!
Kingston Heath 1 v Mackie 1 Mackie bounce back
West Bentleigh 1 v Carnegie South 1 just have there tail up atm

Wooly
Rd 6
Washington Park 1 v Bentleigh ANA 2 Too good
Moorabbin West 1 v Chelsea Heights 1 Continue threw and win promotion to Longy
Brighton Union 2 v Omega 2 GORO show
Highett West 1 v Cluden 1 West are a rabble
Hampton United 1 v East Sandy

Merl in regards to the 20/20 comp we were told to be available to play Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday next week, so i don't think anybody knows what is going on at the moment.

Afternoon All,

As the rain tumbles again.

The 3 man jury me, myself and I have meet and taken into account the following evidence in collaboration with Des Potts and also thanks to Peter Parker for his contribution.

Haaaaaa Merl i just got of the phone to uncle mick and he ran me through his tips from Rd1-Rd22 and he said he ended up on 176tips and if you count finals he has 185 and yes he did tip the draw in the GF.
Vino sipper........bla bla bla
slegnidnhoj, Sep 28, 2010
Vino sipping poster
slegnidnhoj, Sep 30, 2010
Vinno sipping poster bla
slegnidnhoj, Oct 1, 2010
Merl you have all ready shown your inability to run a well kept tipping competition and the fact that you would put your own personal grievances into making a bigger and better competition shows your 'true colours' as Casey would sing.

Anyway as a knew comer on here and along time reader i look forward to the season a head and wish everyone all the best.

Vino sipping poster
clip_image002.gif

slegnidnhoj, Oct 6, 2010

Merl why are you so concerned with what i am saying, i am just another poster like many others on here. You need to focus at the task at hand pal and tidy up your own backyard.

Until then.........Dino....Dripping.....Toaster
clip_image004.gif

slegnidnhoj, Oct 8, 2010 Repor

Evening All again with the all important tipping results that will make MC Hammer eat his words about the Great Merlot's organisational and tipping ability skills.

until then, Dino.......dripping......Toaster
slegnidnhoj, Oct 10, 2010

A few things to note anyone late ( Brudes ) got his score minus 2 and those who failed to tip got the lowest courtesy of Peter Parker less minus two.
Ridiculous rule Merl, Dock me for your 2 points if you must, but i find it difficult sometimes to give you what you need so therefore if you are unable to accept what i can offer then best you remove me from the competiton!!

Regards Sledge

slegnidnhoj, Dec 5, 2010

Slednignhoj - Rules are rules mate, get in early or take in on the freakingly ugly chin of yours!
P Parker, Wednesday at 12:31 PM
This may well be my last lot of tips unless my 2 pt deduction is revoked Merl, you have the power to allow my 1st timer mistake off!
slegnidnhoj, Yesterday at 12:14 AM

As the body of eveidence shows poor old sledge, stuck at home with a wife and two kids deserves nothing from Merl and can get on his bike and ride into the sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Merl over and out

Jimmy,

You really make me laugh!!!!!

I didn't know you had joined the Congress or is their inability to do anything that you threw yourself under the cricket bus in desparation.

The Clocker nought thimbles via the dud's Dad were the only side to get a score in??? That's a first!!!!

Perhaps we could start paying Condelezza again as she/he seem to get the scores in most weeks.I think Rainey even managed to make a few of them stand up and take notice.

As Merl trawls the Sunday paper after his early morning walk while some of you youngsters and Trigger are still getting home he sees

Box Hill,Eastern,Ferntree Gully,Heidelberg,Mercantile,North Metro,Ringwood,Country,VSDCA,Victorian Premier..............

all who seemed to have some direct link to getting their scores published.

If you are volunteering to fix this Clocker Gate mess surely you have to put some conditions such as a monetary penalty,loss of points and even the threat of not being awarded finals games , with the added threat of playing them at your lower placed opponents ground would surely make most of these bludgers get off their collective back sides.

It is just a joke and if you are putting your good name to this farce condoned by Barrack and co you must demand action !!!!!!!

Merl over and out

Just keeping everyone in the loop for the Twenty/20 comp which is still alive!!
After much discussion by the CMCA, games will be played this Wednesday and then hopefully the final will be the following Wednesday, 22nd December.

Let's hope the weather stays fine until then. If we don't play this week, then both the semi's and final will be played in Feb 2011.

In case you have forgotten, the games are:
Le Page Park vs Elwood at Le Page Park
Bentleigh Uniting vs McKinnon at Centenary Park

Good news Panther and a good call by the Executive.Merlot I have been on the phone to Ted yesterday and he has expressed some concern at the developments within the CMCA and this lack of scores in the newspapers. He will legislate as soon as possible that if the scores are not put in the weekend or Monday papers that the Executive face hefty jail terms.None of this home detention rubbish with Ted.I tried to reach Noel Pullen for comment but he was too busy analysing why Labor lost the unloseable election.It does no look like there will be any cross party support for this iniative and could be blocked by the Greens in the Legislative Council.Speaking of politics my regards to Rob Hudson, the left wing, Green loving candidate who was the invisible local member for Bentleigh.Next time your constituents raise concerns with you Rob, deal with them and do not pass them on to a bureacrat who responds some four months later and tells you nothing.I realise I may be upsetting a few at Brady Road who openly asked their members to support Mr Hudson, but I call it as I see it.

Clocker,

Admittedly Rob Hudson was very good for ANA, and was instrumental in fast tracking some of the redevelopments at King Geroge over the past 2-3 years. We met Elizabeth Miller in March and she seems like she wants to get involved in local sport, but we can only wait and see.

Back